The Student Room Group

Is it good she tells me about guys hitting on her?

So my new girlfriend always shows me lots of affection, says she likes me an loves me, say no one comes close etc. Always calls me to chat, seems to really say and do all the right things. She says she wants a future with me, that I'm a breath of fresh air.

She works in a place and she told me a guy has a crush on her and asked for her number. I asked what she did, and she said she just awkwardly laughed it off. I laughed it off and made a joke out of it, I didn't show any jealousy what so ever. Deep down I'm worried about it, but surely it's good she tells me about all these things? Girls I'm wondering your opinion on this? Is ot good that she tells me about things like this?
Original post by Anonymous
So my new girlfriend always shows me lots of affection, says she likes me an loves me, say no one comes close etc. Always calls me to chat, seems to really say and do all the right things. She says she wants a future with me, that I'm a breath of fresh air.

She works in a place and she told me a guy has a crush on her and asked for her number. I asked what she did, and she said she just awkwardly laughed it off. I laughed it off and made a joke out of it, I didn't show any jealousy what so ever. Deep down I'm worried about it, but surely it's good she tells me about all these things? Girls I'm wondering your opinion on this? Is ot good that she tells me about things like this?

In some ways it's good that she's being honest, but at the same time if she didn't pursue it there was no need to really tell you about it, as it's only going to wind you up. I also think that by telling you she's made you aware of it, and she'd be stupid to make something of this now that you know whats going on

Yeah, seems fine. She's being open with you and also she might want to see your reaction. If you get jealous or not. Open up to her and tell her that you feel worried and see how she responds. She seems okay if she said she brushed it off. I don't think there's anything to worry about. She's being open and honest.
Saying this as a girl, I think it's good she tells you about things like that. It's good communication, and it's important to be transparent about such obvious flirting incidents aimed towards her like that. The fact that she is comfortable enough to tell you about these things and isn't worried you will be mad or jealous is a good sign for a strong relationship.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by TheMightyKind
Yeah, seems fine. She's being open with you and also she might want to see your reaction. If you get jealous or not. Open up to her and tell her that you feel worried and see how she responds. She seems okay if she said she brushed it off. I don't think there's anything to worry about. She's being open and honest.

Agree ^^^^
No sounds like a manipulative cow.
Yeah haha I tell my boyfriend all the stuff just because like -- I want him to know everything that's going on in my life?? And like talking about other guys liking me is chill bc I know he loves me and (hopefully) he knows I love him. I think you need to chill. I hate when guys are jealous. If she likes you, she'll stay with you, if she doesn't, she won't and no other guy is going to change that.
Reply 7
Yeah haha I tell my boyfriend all the stuff just because like -- I want him to know everything that's going on in my life?? And like talking about other guys liking me is chill bc I know he loves me and (hopefully) he knows I love him. I think you need to chill. I hate when guys are jealous. If she likes you, she'll stay with you, if she doesn't, she won't and no other guy is going to change that.

Thanks. I guess it's all about trust?
Thanks. I guess it's all about trust?

It is but it depends on the 'vibe' you get from her. I had an ex who once told me about the attention she got and it was clearly meant to harm me. I thought I was just paranoid but she cheated on me. You can tell sometimes. It is the way they say it.
Reply 9
Original post by tashkent46
It is but it depends on the 'vibe' you get from her. I had an ex who once told me about the attention she got and it was clearly meant to harm me. I thought I was just paranoid but she cheated on me. You can tell sometimes. It is the way they say it.

Surely I feel she was interested she wouldn't tell me? And joke about it?

I mean as long as you like her for her and trust her then other guys shouldn't change things. You have to judge the person she is.
Surely I feel she was interested she wouldn't tell me? And joke about it?

You would think so but some people respond in unexpected ways. It might be all fun and games to her. You are assuming she cares about your feelings. Trust her until she gives you a reason not to but if you get any 'bad instincts' you should probably just leave because some people have no shame or respect.
You would think so but some people respond in unexpected ways. It might be all fun and games to her. You are assuming she cares about your feelings. Trust her until she gives you a reason not to but if you get any 'bad instincts' you should probably just leave because some people have no shame or respect.

Well, it's worth working on any relationship if she hasn't actually cheated.
Sounds more like paranoia than suspicion.
Jealousy is a huge turn-off, as a female, like jeeeeez I picked you.

Jealousy is a huge turn-off. Making your partner deliberately uncomfortable by telling them about other guys to get a raise from your partner is manipulative and insulting. Trust me when I say there are people like this. My current girlfriend I am so chill with, she can tell me she is going to another guys house alone and I probably won't bat an eyelid. But that ex I had I just knew something was off, she was all jokey and that but I could just tell. The way her 'tone' was, it was like she was trying to get a raise out of me. Trust your instincts people.

I don't show any signs of jealousy about it. She has a lot of male guys too. She's told me she has guy fired she but I'm the one she wants. She's having drinks with a guy later, but I can't do anything about it and why should I. I'm not the jealous type. With this guy in work, I just take the p### about it. I guess I'm still getting to know her it's just something I've never really experienced before, I've always said to her appreciate her openness towards me.
I don't show any signs of jealousy about it. She has a lot of male guys too. She's told me she has guy fired she but I'm the one she wants. She's having drinks with a guy later, but I can't do anything about it and why should I. I'm not the jealous type. With this guy in work, I just take the p### about it. I guess I'm still getting to know her it's just something I've never really experienced before, I've always said to her appreciate her openness towards me.

That's fair. I mean I have loads of guy friends but I genuinely only see them as friends. It would never affect my feelings
That's fair. I mean I have loads of guy friends but I genuinely only see them as friends. It would never affect my feelings

I'm not going to stop her from seeing friends. She's told me about guys that have asked her out before but she declined there advances because she wanted me. I guess people can lie but I have to trust her like has been said. I think if she wan she hiding something then I need to worry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending