The Student Room Group

How to apply to Russel group by its deadline if applying to others?

Basically I have to submit my application for Russel group universities on 1st November (lol I haven’t even started my PS buuut oh well lol)
Anyways I want to apply to universities that aren’t Russel group as well and so applications for those unis can be submitted later
Soooo how does it work lol
If anyone understands thanks

Basically I’m saying how do I submit to Russel groyp AND non Russel group

I’m in yr 13 btw

Thanks for ur time and please help x
why November 1st ?

Deadline for Oxbridge, medicine, dentistry, vet med is 15th October at 6pm BST
Deadline for everything else that is not mentioned above is 15th January at 6pm BST
also it is Russell Group with the two Ls :wink:
Original post by Monsur x
Basically I have to submit my application for Russel group universities on 1st November (lol I haven’t even started my PS buuut oh well lol)
Anyways I want to apply to universities that aren’t Russel group as well and so applications for those unis can be submitted later
Soooo how does it work lol
If anyone understands thanks

Basically I’m saying how do I submit to Russel groyp AND non Russel group

I’m in yr 13 btw

Thanks for ur time and please help x

Russell Group universities don't have a separate application system. If you don't want to use all your 5 choices when you follow your school's deadline and apply on the 1st November, merely apply to those you are confident about then add the remainder by January 15th
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
Russell Group universities don't have a separate application system. If you don't want to use all your 5 choices when you follow your school's deadline and apply on the 1st November, merely apply to those you are confident about then add the remainder by January 15th

Hello! Thanks for the reply. I’m going to message my schools careers advisor because this is the schools deadline... do I have to still follow this? Or can I just submit by December for example, so before 15 jan.

Also I’m not ready to submit by 1st November lol ... well if I can quickly do my PS but...

Advice please?
Reply 5
Original post by stereotypeasian
why November 1st ?

Deadline for Oxbridge, medicine, dentistry, vet med is 15th October at 6pm BST
Deadline for everything else that is not mentioned above is 15th January at 6pm BST

👆🏼
Hello! Thanks for the reply. I’m going to message my schools careers advisor because this is the schools deadline... do I have to still follow this? Or can I just submit by December for example, so before 15 jan.

Also I’m not ready to submit by 1st November lol ... well if I can quickly do my PS but...

Advice please?

If you don't feel ready to submit a strong application, then you should discuss that with your school now. Ultimately you can apply whenever you wish, but your school may not be in a position to provide your ref in late December/January.

Have your plans changed? If you were aware of your schools deadline then it sounds as if you have left things it a bit late to even start your PS?

Whilst you can submit 1 or 2 applications now, then add other choices later, you have to use the same PS for each. So that wouldn't necessarily help your situation.

Advice please?

I would give the same advice as @Admit-One.
Reply 8
Original post by Admit-One
If you don't feel ready to submit a strong application, then you should discuss that with your school now. Ultimately you can apply whenever you wish, but your school may not be in a position to provide your ref in late December/January.

Have your plans changed? If you were aware of your schools deadline then it sounds as if you have left things it a bit late to even start your PS?

Whilst you can submit 1 or 2 applications now, then add other choices later, you have to use the same PS for each. So that wouldn't necessarily help your situation.

Yh I have left the PS until late 😫😫😫 but I have lots of notes on it so I think that’s fine...

Also isn’t it just one application and on that application it goes to the your 5 uni choices?
Do you get what I mean?
Because you have to do 1 UCAS application....

Hope u understand
Yh I have left the PS until late 😫😫😫 but I have lots of notes on it so I think that’s fine...

Also isn’t it just one application and on that application it goes to the your 5 uni choices?
Do you get what I mean?
Because you have to do 1 UCAS application....

Hope u understand

Yes, apologies if I was unclear. You are submitting an identical application in all cases. You can potentially submit 1 or 2 choices now, then add others later, but the applications are the same including the PS.
Reply 10
Original post by Admit-One
Yes, apologies if I was unclear. You are submitting an identical application in all cases. You can potentially submit 1 or 2 choices now, then add others later, but the applications are the same including the PS.

Thank you so much!
Reply 11
Ok guys lol I messaged my careers advisor and it is all clear now lol. Basically yes the deadline is 15 Jan BUT he said that ‘ideally’ I should be sending my application to my career advisor to check and he already has to see many other students applications so...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending