The Student Room Group

Re-applying for MSc finance (bereavement)

Dear team at SFE,

I hope you're well in these strange times.

I'm planning to start a MSc in Energy Engineering next year and wanted to know if I'm eligible for re-applying for a loan.

A bit of background

It will be the second time I'm applying for the loan. I applied previously in 2017 though due to my mom's death I wasn't in the headspace to continue with my studies so withdrew from the MSc and paid back what was due to SFE.

Looking at the requirements for a new loan it mentions that students that previously applied are not eligible unless you left your course for a serious personal reason like illness or bereavement. My mom passed away in July and although in hindsight I shouldn't have gone through with the MSc that October I thought I could and applied for the loan.

Would the above suffice for applying again in 2021?

Thank you in advance!

Ciprian
Original post by cipper
Dear team at SFE,

I hope you're well in these strange times.

I'm planning to start a MSc in Energy Engineering next year and wanted to know if I'm eligible for re-applying for a loan.

A bit of background

It will be the second time I'm applying for the loan. I applied previously in 2017 though due to my mom's death I wasn't in the headspace to continue with my studies so withdrew from the MSc and paid back what was due to SFE.

Looking at the requirements for a new loan it mentions that students that previously applied are not eligible unless you left your course for a serious personal reason like illness or bereavement. My mom passed away in July and although in hindsight I shouldn't have gone through with the MSc that October I thought I could and applied for the loan.

Would the above suffice for applying again in 2021?

Thank you in advance!

Ciprian

Hi Ciprian, we hope you are well too, and sorry to hear about your circumstances.

To receive funding again you will need to provide valid Compelling Personal Reasons evidence - you can find out more information here http://ow.ly/MsMM30pjjOm
I would recommend sending the death certificate, a cover letter from yourself and a letter from a professional person such as a tutor to explain how your studies were affected.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi Ciprian, we hope you are well too, and sorry to hear about your circumstances.

To receive funding again you will need to provide valid Compelling Personal Reasons evidence - you can find out more information here http://ow.ly/MsMM30pjjOm
I would recommend sending the death certificate, a cover letter from yourself and a letter from a professional person such as a tutor to explain how your studies were affected.
Thanks, Isaac

Thank you Isaac, that's very helpful. I'll aim to self-fund though good to know there is a chance to re-apply for a student loan.
Original post by cipper
Thank you Isaac, that's very helpful. I'll aim to self-fund though good to know there is a chance to re-apply for a student loan.

You're welcome. I hope you have a great evening.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Isaac
You're welcome. I hope you have a great evening.
Thanks, Isaac

Thanks, you too. All the best!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending