The Student Room Group

Guys being asked out by girls

Guys, have you ever had a girl ask you out (not as a joke or dare) and what was your response? Have you / would you consider a serious long term relationship with such girls? In general, is a relationship off limits with girls who are like more, let’s say, “initiative taking” than you are?
Original post by Anonymous
Guys, have you ever had a girl ask you out (not as a joke or dare) and what was your response? Have you / would you consider a serious long term relationship with such girls? In general, is a relationship off limits with girls who are like more, let’s say, “initiative taking” than you are?

ofcourse!!!Why not? I've done once and he liked it very much because it was genuine
No, sadly, because I’m terrified to actually ask a girl out myself, hence why I’m 19 and have never been in a relationship.
Reply 3
Original post by emmadreamer03
ofcourse!!!Why not? I've done once and he liked it very much because it was genuine

Idk, most guys tell me they hate it because it’s supposed to be “emasculating” for some reason...
Reply 4
No, sadly, because I’m terrified to actually ask a girl out myself, hence why I’m 19 and have never been in a relationship.

I just don’t get it.. why should it have to be the guy who makes the first move?
Reply 5

yes and no.

no in terms of girls i actually knew

although i have been approached by random girls before. they normally do not explicitly say "will you go out with me" though. the closest i've had to that is a random girl approaching me in a shopping centre and asking "are you single?"
I have. We were on work experience together at some design place in Chiswick, and she was quite nice, but I didn't want to ask her out because she lived in a really really dodgy area. In the end, she asked me - and I said yes - we went out a few times and she sent me the "my parents have gone away" message. I went over and she was the first girl I ever slept with because I was too scared to go home late and ended up staying the night.
There's a part 2 - we didn't really see each other much after that as we lived quite far, but like 8 months later there was a VI Form field trip to some study centre in Pembrokeshire, and our silly posh school went at the same time as this fairly rough school. There was a bit of tension between the two groups -and then out of nowhere this same girl comes up to me in the dining room and maccs me on the face in front of everyone. Everyone from my class thought I was some kind of hero - but I wasn't really - I just had no idea she was there.
(edited 3 years ago)
Idk, most guys tell me they hate it because it’s supposed to be “emasculating” for some reason...

I guess it does depend on the guy - but these days it's way more common and not seen as a bad thing (in my experience at least)
No, girls who ask guys out r the best btw.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending