The Student Room Group

Brother kicked out

He was just playing football in the rooms with a sponge ball and our mum found out then told him to leave the house within the next 3 hours so he's gone. I know he might have been vandalising our mum's house but I am just worried because I don't know he's safe. There's no excuses to what he was doing and he's an adult therefore she could legally do it. It's just my brother is probably on the streets now.

What do I do?

Scroll to see replies

message him and make sure he's okay
Reply 2
How old is he and where is he likely to have gone to?

This shouldn't be happening in the current circumstances.
Reply 3
Original post by ADarling
message him and make sure he's okay

I rang and he didn't answer
would he have gone to a mates?
Reply 5
Original post by Kerzen
How old is he and where is he likely to have gone to?

This shouldn't be happening in the current circumstances.

I think it shouldn't either
Reply 6
Original post by ADarling
would he have gone to a mates?

His mates are at university so no
Original post by Anonymous
His mates are at university so no

does he have a gf
Reply 8
Are you able to text him? He mustn't stay outside, the temperature is dropping.

By the way, it looks to me as though the phone lines for Childline are still open, if you fall in its age group and would like to talk to someone now.

https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/

I think it shouldn't either

Aww thats sweet of you. I wonder if my siblings would care enough to contact me and ask people for advice 😔 I hope he's OK. Ring him and leave a message and beg your mum to let him back.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Aww thats sweet of you. I wonder if my siblings would care enough to contact me and ask people for advice 😔 I hope he's OK. Ring him and leave a message and beg your mum to let him back.

**** im sorry. She might not let him back but I guess when my brother gets his own place and my mum needs help she won't give it. I've rang and he rejected because we very rarely talk on the phone
Original post by Kerzen
Are you able to text him? He mustn't stay outside, the temperature is dropping.

By the way, it looks to me as though the phone lines for Childline are still open, if you fall in its age group and would like to talk to someone now.

https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/

I'm 22 as well
I'm too old for childline @Kerzen

would he go and stay with his gf if he has one?
Reply 14
He was just playing football in the rooms with a sponge ball and our mum found out then told him to leave the house within the next 3 hours so he's gone. I know he might have been vandalising our mum's house but I am just worried because I don't know he's safe. There's no excuses to what he was doing and he's an adult therefore she could legally do it. It's just my brother is probably on the streets now.

What do I do?

your mother is harsh...

throwing him out with no notice like that.., when he has nowhere to go
i would have refused and let her drag me out or call the police...

got nothing to lose..
Reply 15

In that case, the Samaritans are always there for you, if you need to talk, even now at 1 o'clock in the morning. Doesn't matter what you want to talk about.

https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help/contact-samaritan/talk-us-phone/
He was plating with a sponge ball??? wtf.....is ur mum normal

Why did she kick him out exactly?
He was plating with a sponge ball??? wtf.....is ur mum normal

Why did she kick him out exactly?

Shes said its going break things
Original post by Kerzen
In that case, the Samaritans are always there for you, if you need to talk, even now at 1 o'clock in the morning. Doesn't matter what you want to talk about.

https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help/contact-samaritan/talk-us-phone/

OK will they be able to arrange some accommodation for him
**** im sorry. She might not let him back but I guess when my brother gets his own place and my mum needs help she won't give it. I've rang and he rejected because we very rarely talk on the phone

Wow. I hate family drama. Leave him a text on an app or social media, say "it's your brother/sister, let's meet up. I miss you and I'm worried." that's what I would say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending