The Student Room Group

MSc Speech and Language Therapy Applicants 2021

Thought I would make this thread for people applying for postgraduate speech and language therapy courses for 2021 study to differentiate from the thread which also includes undergrads!
I have applied for MSc Speech and Language Therapy at Leeds Beckett, Manchester Met and Uni of Sheffield.
Has anyone heard anything back about interviews yet? I haven't yet and am getting slightly stressed!
Good luck with all your applications guys! :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yay, hello! I submitted to Man Met in mid Nov. Haven't heard back yet, and no indication my application has been viewed, so I wouldn't panic too much. I saw someone mention that Man Met was not conducting interviews. Not sure about the others though.
Reply 2
Original post by gracequinn25
Thought I would make this thread for people applying for postgraduate speech and language therapy courses for 2021 study to differentiate from the thread which also includes undergrads!
I have applied for MSc Speech and Language Therapy at Leeds Beckett, Manchester Met and Uni of Sheffield.
Has anyone heard anything back about interviews yet? I haven't yet and am getting slightly stressed!

Hi! Thanks for making this thread, good luck with your applications! I've accepted a place at UCL :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by gracequinn25

Good luck!! I was offered a place at City and have accepted - hopefully they'll get back to you soon.
Hello Everyone,

Has anyone heard back from Reading? I had my interview two weeks ago, but I have had know response yet if I have been accepted or rejected.
Reply 5
Hope those of you waiting to hear back get responses soon. It’s really hard waiting for feedback to applications and interviews. I’ve accepted a place on the Essex course. I can’t wait to get started.
Original post by AG85
Hope those of you waiting to hear back get responses soon. It’s really hard waiting for feedback to applications and interviews. I’ve accepted a place on the Essex course. I can’t wait to get started.

Yes it is, Congratulations on being accepted into Essex!
Original post by AG85

Congratulations! They’ve put me on the waiting list, so fingers crossed I’ll be joining you! 🤞
I have applied to Essex still waiting to hear back if I have an interview or not. Hopefully I hear soon the waiting is driving me mad.
Reply 9
Original post by TeaAndCats
Congratulations! They’ve put me on the waiting list, so fingers crossed I’ll be joining you! 🤞

Will have 🤞for you !
Reply 10
Original post by xminixabix
I have applied to Essex still waiting to hear back if I have an interview or not. Hopefully I hear soon the waiting is driving me mad.

It took around a month from application submission to hear that I’d got an interview. Then was interviewed about a month after with Christmas between receiving interview offer and interview. I was interviewed on a Monday and offered a place on the Friday of that week. I hope you hear soon. The wait was awful !
Original post by Avgage1
Will have 🤞for you !

Aww, thank you so much
Reply 12
Anyone who is on the waiting list for any of the courses have any idea how likely it is for us to get a place? I'm on the waiting list for city and essex so far and they're my two top choices so would love to know what my chances are I will get a place if anyone knows. Thanks!
Original post by zizzylala
Hello Everyone,

Has anyone heard back from Reading? I had my interview two weeks ago, but I have had know response yet if I have been accepted or rejected.

Hey, great to hear you’ve applied to Reading and have had an interview!! How exciting!

I am in my 4th year of the MSci SLT program at Reading. And I absolutely love it. If you have any questions at all about the course, placements, Reading etc. please don’t hesitate to ask!

What drew you to apply for Reading?

Ellen :smile:
Student Ambassador
Reply 14
I put in a late application (a week and a bit ago) to city. Does anyone know how long it normally takes to be offered an interview?
Original post by MaRad4
I put in a late application (a week and a bit ago) to city. Does anyone know how long it normally takes to be offered an interview?

I first had an email through "to advise that your application has been processed and has been accepted" and recieved an offer to interview around 2 weeks after, but this probably could vary as I submitted mine back in November.

Good luck, let us know how it all goes!
Reply 16
Original post by Tabitha.
I first had an email through "to advise that your application has been processed and has been accepted" and recieved an offer to interview around 2 weeks after, but this probably could vary as I submitted mine back in November.

Good luck, let us know how it all goes!

Thank you! I'm expecting mine to be late since I applied so late but I hope I get in! Are you definitely going to go to city?
Original post by MaRad4
Thank you! I'm expecting mine to be late since I applied so late but I hope I get in! Are you definitely going to go to city?

I have accepted my offer, hope to see you there. We've also created a Facebook group for those offer holders to get to know each other, so fingers crossed you'll join us!
Has anyone got any thoughts on City vs. UCL? Would be interesting to hear what people think! I'm wanting to stay in London but finding it hard to work out which course would be better.
Original post by emilymatilda
Has anyone got any thoughts on City vs. UCL? Would be interesting to hear what people think! I'm wanting to stay in London but finding it hard to work out which course would be better.

From what I gathered the syllabus was much the same when I was taking a look between both of them. Though UCL are very much more academically oriented. City focus more on the value of the individual and the course has the largest number of students and gives more holiday!

It was a difficult one overall but do consider the feel of the university to see what suits you best.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest