The Student Room Group

Worried about future

I'm feeling so down and alone now about it. Just so ****ing down and anxious about it it.
Reply 1
Did this feeling just suddenly come on? Or did something bad happen to you recently?
Reply 2
Original post by Mia2021
Did this feeling just suddenly come on? Or did something bad happen to you recently?

I have been feeling like this for years
What have you done to deal with it so far?
Reply 4
Original post by black tea
What have you done to deal with it so far?

I have been trying to improve my college attendance because it was low tbh
Original post by Anonymous
I have been trying to improve my college attendance because it was low tbh

good start
Reply 6
good start

Thanks black tea
Thanks black tea

set yourself a small goal every week and work on achieving it - it'll help you feel more in control of things and will hopefully help you to achieve the bigger long-term goals. if it takes you longer than other people to get where you want to be, that's fine - don't compare yourself to others, it's not helpful.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
set yourself a small goal every week and work on achieving it - it'll help you feel more in control of things and will hopefully help you to achieve on the bigger long-term goals. if it takes you longer than other people to get where you want to be, that's fine - don't compare yourself to others, it's not helpful.

Good advice. Cheers
Reply 9
I have been feeling like this for years

oh dear. Sorry to hear that! When do you think it all started for you though? For me, I just always find that depression gets triggered by something- just generally being very stressed for a long time, or insomnia, or not knowing what I want to do with my life etc.
Original post by Mia2021
oh dear. Sorry to hear that! When do you think it all started for you though? For me, I just always find that depression gets triggered by something- just generally being very stressed for a long time, or insomnia, or not knowing what I want to do with my life etc.

It started in 2018 when I would really worry about my future
Reply 11
It started in 2018 when I would really worry about my future

I think that's about how long I've been stressing about the same kind of things too! I'm a third year college student, and I honestly didn't think that I'd ever make it this far. My attendance was nightmarish in first and second year, I have pretty bad insomnia (always have), and it seemed to be affecting my grades and getting assignments in on time (or sometimes at all) and I could just never seem to stop procrastinating. I also didn't have a clue what I wanted to do with my life (I have a few ideas now, so that helps), so that sure didn't help things either. But one thing I did find, was that when I didn't show up to classes, it only made me feel worse, which made me show up to even less classes, which made me feel even worse. You just end up in this toxic loop that's really hard to break away out of. So definitely trying to improve attendance is a really good start! Even if you're finding it hard to keep up, you'll just feel like you're more in the loop, and it's less isolating. And even if you ended up deciding further down the line that ''this course isn't for me'', at least you know that you tried, that you gave it your best shot. And classes aren't just for learning, they're also a great opportunity to socialize and catch up with friends (in as much as you can get away with anyway when the lecturer's back is turned :wink: )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending