The Student Room Group

binding without a binder

hey guys i recently saw a tiktok of how to bind without a binder and i tried it yesterday and looked in the mirror and cried because i was so shocked it worked and i have wore it today and i feel so confident
That’s great, but be careful, you could be causing damage by using a makeshift one
Original post by jademowry123
hey guys i recently saw a tiktok of how to bind without a binder and i tried it yesterday and looked in the mirror and cried because i was so shocked it worked and i have wore it today and i feel so confident

Yay - good for you!!
Original post by Anonymous
Yay - good for you!!

thank you so much for replying i thought i was going to get hate for posting this you have boasted my confidence even higher
Awww pleased for you :pride: just make sure you are doing it safely and taking the recommended breaks :smile:
Original post by CoolCavy
Awww pleased for you :pride: just make sure you are doing it safely and taking the recommended breaks :smile:

thank u i have wore it for the recommened time and it is not a proper binder because i dont think my parents would let me buy a binder which make me very upset that they cant understand genderdistorphier
Is it worth it for you?
There are very real side effects that are experienced by a very large portion of people who bind.
Please do it safely. Tiktoc promotes dangerous trends, so you really do need to get advice of a medical professional.
Original post by glassalice
Is it worth it for you?
There are very real side effects that are experienced by a very large portion of people who bind.
Please do it safely. Tiktoc promotes dangerous trends, so you really do need to get advice of a medical professional.

i would go to a therapist but they will tell parents about it wont they or is it all confidentil
I don't know what that means, could someone explain?
I genuinely clicked on this thread thinking it was a question about folders/binders.
(edited 2 years ago)
i would go to a therapist but they will tell parents about it wont they or is it all confidentil

Its all confidential - they will only tell your parents if you express that you want them to pass on information or ofc if you are in any actual actual danger.

If you decide to go to a therapist, they will explain all of that before you actually start and explain in what scenarios they would have to break confidentially

Btw a therapist is obviously a very different thing to a medical professional- I was just explaining that it is confidential so dont worry about that.
(edited 2 years ago)
Make sure you're being careful - get an actual binder (makeshift ones can be dangerous) and look for real medical advice - tiktok isn't real medical advice. It's good that you feel better though :smile:
Original post by Qxi.xli
I don't know what that means, could someone explain?
I genuinely clicked on this thread thinking it was a question about folders/binders.

Binders are used to flatten chests, some people use it because they are part of the transgender community and some people use it because they want to look a certain way and be flat. (There’s lots of different reasons)

But some binders are dangerous and can cause boobs to change shape or cause pain there’s an example of one
A42B8EC7-30C3-45E6-9930-57AA4793CE42.jpeg
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by something_orphic
Its all confidential - they will only tell your parents if you express that you want them to pass on information or ofc if you are in any actual actual danger.

If you decide to go to a therapist, they will explain all of that before you actually start and explain in what scenarios they would have to break confidentially

Btw a therapist is obviously a very different thing to a medical professional- I was just explaining that it is confidential so dont worry about that.

is it free to get a theripist
day three of binding without a binder and i have started to notice a diffrence i find it hard to breathe and i can wear a mask only a little bit at a time and it has made me feel very confident in myself
is it free to get a theripist

Yes it is free in the UK on the NHS. You can get a referral for therapy from your GP.
Original post by fellowweebhere
Binders are used to flatten chests, some people use it because they are part of the transgender community and some people use it because they want to look a certain way and be flat. (There’s lots of different reasons)

But some binders are dangerous and can cause boobs to change shape or cause pain there’s an example of one
A42B8EC7-30C3-45E6-9930-57AA4793CE42.jpeg

Thanks for explaining :smile:
Original post by Qxi.xli
Thanks for explaining :smile:

No problem 😁
Reply 17
day three of binding without a binder and i have started to notice a diffrence i find it hard to breathe and i can wear a mask only a little bit at a time and it has made me feel very confident in myself

A binder should be tight and your body needs to get used to it but it should not be making it super difficult to breathe. Opt for a bigger size or dont wear it for so long.
Original post by something_orphic
Yes it is free in the UK on the NHS. You can get a referral for therapy from your GP.

ok thank you very much

Quick Reply

Latest