The Student Room Group

i’m toxic

Not a trait anyone wants to have. Whenever i see people doing good things or succeeding, it makes me very angry, like to the point my blood boils. I don’t understand why I’m like this and I don’t want to be. Obviously I’d never sabotage anyone or throw around hate just because of this jealousy, I try to suppress these feelings and congratulate the person but it really is affecting me. I gatekeep any good opportunities i find to myself but on the rare occasion i tell someone, they end up spreading it explicitly after i told them not to which makes me gatekeep even more. Why am i this negative and how can i overcome this?
Like it could be anything. If someone has started revision or exercising or is allowed to go out to nice
places i literally can’t look at my phone no more. I thought if i deleted social media this issue would be solved but i guess not.
Reply 1
How old are you and what do you do, work or study?

What are you lacking in your life that other people have and which makes you jealous?
this is what gps are for my friend.
I'll give you some advice in a bit. I'm just gonna finish doing some revision then head off to the gym for a bit
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
How old are you and what do you do, work or study?

What are you lacking in your life that other people have and which makes you jealous?

17 and i study

lacking freedom lol i’m rarely allowed to go out, my life is not put together at all, im always just never happy nor sad which is frustrating and much more.
I think perhaps the issue is me getting jealous not because of that achievement but the fact that I could’ve been in that position if i put in the work and effort but I don’t and im really frustrated with myself for that reason. Maybe that’s why such feelings come up, because of the disappointment in myself
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
this is what gps are for my friend.

i would go but 1) i had an appointment like last week and i don’t wanna annoy them 2) how do i even say this like i’m so disgusted with myself i don’t even want to say it out loud, like the shame that it brings me how am i meant to tell my family and doctor that
Reply 6
Original post by tej3141
I'll give you some advice in a bit. I'm just gonna finish doing some revision then head off to the gym for a bit

hdjsbdiebdjbdje dnd funny enough it’s only SOME people that trigger the feelings idk, like you know them people you just CANT stand for no absolute reason
Just a word correction

The word you wanted to use was envious - not jealous. Envy is about something someone else has and you dont. Jealousy is about sth you have. Ex. You can be jealous when someone is flirting with your partner. You can be envious when your neighbour could afford a better car than you.
Also i love how the op calls himself toxic and the next post i read is about cursing people and ruining their lives. This comparison is just hilarious
Reply 9
Just a word correction

The word you wanted to use was envious - not jealous. Envy is about something someone else has and you dont. Jealousy is about sth you have. Ex. You can be jealous when someone is flirting with your partner. You can be envious when your neighbour could afford a better car than you.

oh i see, thanks.
Also i love how the op calls himself toxic and the next post i read is about cursing people and ruining their lives. This comparison is just hilarious

I mean i don’t think i curse or ruin their life. Like i said, i keep these feelings to myself and I know they’re wrong. I didn’t really know how to word it, whether it’s classed as ‘toxic’ or not so I appreciate the previous word correction too. But glad at least someone’s getting entertained lol, there’s a positive for everything I guess.
I mean i don’t think i curse or ruin their life. Like i said, i keep these feelings to myself and I know they’re wrong. I didn’t really know how to word it, whether it’s classed as ‘toxic’ or not so I appreciate the previous word correction too. But glad at least someone’s getting entertained lol, there’s a positive for everything I guess.

I meant to say you arent doing harm to anybody actually activly thinking about not sabotaging anyone and calling yourself toxic meanwhile the true toxic person just casually asks what is the best way to ruin someones life because they have people they want to do that to.
I meant to say you arent doing harm to anybody actually activly thinking about not sabotaging anyone and calling yourself toxic meanwhile the true toxic person just casually asks what is the best way to ruin someones life because they have people they want to do that to.

OH SORRY, i thought you were coming for me whoops😭😭😭. I mean yeah i’m glad that i realise it’s wrong but even though it’s not harming anyone, it’s affecting me and my friendships (well from my side anyways).

anyways have a good day, thanks for clearing that up
OH SORRY, i thought you were coming for me whoops😭😭😭. I mean yeah i’m glad that i realise it’s wrong but even though it’s not harming anyone, it’s affecting me and my friendships (well from my side anyways).

anyways have a good day, thanks for clearing that up

You are a good person op. You do what is in your power to be one. Stay strong 💕
Not a trait anyone wants to have. Whenever i see people doing good things or succeeding, it makes me very angry, like to the point my blood boils. I don’t understand why I’m like this and I don’t want to be. Obviously I’d never sabotage anyone or throw around hate just because of this jealousy, I try to suppress these feelings and congratulate the person but it really is affecting me. I gatekeep any good opportunities i find to myself but on the rare occasion i tell someone, they end up spreading it explicitly after i told them not to which makes me gatekeep even more. Why am i this negative and how can i overcome this?
Like it could be anything. If someone has started revision or exercising or is allowed to go out to nice
places i literally can’t look at my phone no more. I thought if i deleted social media this issue would be solved but i guess not.

same ❤️
You are a good person op. You do what is in your power to be one. Stay strong 💕

thank you for this, i really appreciate it and i’m sure you’re a good person too❤️*🔥
same ❤️

i’m glad we’re both not alone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending