The Student Room Group

Why do girls like bad boys?

Girls love the tall, lean/muscular, clean shaven, usually cool or 'bad' guys.
E.g. In shows like the Vampire Diaries, True Blood, Pretty Little Liars, and most young adult fiction that features a love triangle, the "bad boy" is often the preferred romantic choice and is a fan favorite, despite usually being rude or horrible personality wise.
Why?
Reply 1
only if he's the prettiest one. The reason is obvious, looks are the most important factor. You won't have an ugly 'bad boy' who is successful with girls
is your question why do girls like good looking guys?

are you jealous
because they're fun to be around with. What's the alternative? average, not shaven, bland guys? cool people do cool things and have cool prospective futures. i'm a guy, and I'd rather do stuff like sports with cool sporty guys rather than chill with bland guys who don't really do anything.
I hate to break it to you, but men can be both good looking and have great personalities.
Original post by Trilobite.
I hate to break it to you, but men can be both good looking and have great personalities.

berry true. i've seen a lot of good-looking "bad boys" who have great personalities. the weirdest ones tends to be on the lower-end of the chart
Reply 6
An untamed edge is attractive, also in a woman. You always thing you might be able to handle it, but usually you can’t
I think it's the confidence and how protective they are.
Original post by Anonymous
E.g. In shows like the Vampire Diaries, True Blood, Pretty Little Liars, and most young adult fiction that features a love triangle, the "bad boy" is often the preferred romantic choice and is a fan favorite, despite usually being rude or horrible personality wise.
Why?

Its about taming the wild its why fairy tales such as beauty and the beast exist. Its why a lot of erotic novels for women involve vampires or werewolves or mysterious rugged strangers.
Why?

1. Confidence
2. Does not put them on a pedestal
3. Treats them like normal human beings
4. Does not invest emotionally at the start and ensures that she “wins” him over.
5. Has self-respect
6. Is not afraid to be rejected
They want to turn the bad boys into good boys - they're not nearly as driven by looks as guys think they are (guys think that because guys are).
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Some girls & women like bad boys or find them sexually attractive, while others don't.
Of the former, many are attracted by the elements of danger/excitement/frequent controversial behaviour.
While others like the potential to shock/enrage their relatives, a few want to tame or reform a good looking bad boy.
A few unstable females with serious criminal tendencies or who have grown up within dyfunctional households with habitually criminal guys choose to continue the cycle and only ever date males that are foul mouthed thugs or scumbag leading a criminal lifestyle.
Why?

You've got it wrong mate,

It's not so-much that girls go for "bad boys"... it's that they DON'T go for wusses* (think about it).

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)
Idk man, I like beards...
Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do if-f it i-ss come for you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending