The Student Room Group

How many walks a day do people take?

I've been shifting lockdown pounds now for some time and have done upto two 15 minute walks a day which gets some sweat in.

My schedule of homeworking can be demanding due to my workload.

I am looking to get round it, especially on break when on late shift.

How many walks a day is everyone taking?

I use Google Fit which regulates my fitness.
I try to do one short one a day. Within a single week, I fit in one very long one to town, and take part in a timed short walk to a local park. Towards the end of the week, I squeeze in a medium length hike to either the closest country park or the river.
Reply 2
Original post by tinygirl96
I try to do one short one a day. Within a single week, I fit in one very long one to town, and take part in a timed short walk to a local park. Towards the end of the week, I squeeze in a medium length hike to either the closest country park or the river.

I can see you are mixing it round. Thanks for the inspiration :smile:
at least 2 on work days
Original post by JVM2020
I can see you are mixing it round. Thanks for the inspiration :smile:

NP
Also try joining a walking club
Reply 5
2. sometimes 3.
my dog needs lots of exercise
Reply 6
Good for you, OP!

Weekdays I walk to and from work, which is approx 2.5 each way. I'm on my feet and moving around for most of my 8-hour shift.

Weekends I'll go out for a walk for up to 90 minutes each day.
Original post by JVM2020
I've been shifting lockdown pounds now for some time and have done upto two 15 minute walks a day which gets some sweat in.

around an hour a day.. to get to Uni
Original post by Ciel.
2. sometimes 3.
my dog needs lots of exercise

What kind of dog if u dont mind? I wanna get one which also requires a lot of exercise.
Reply 9
Original post by GyrosUberAlles
What kind of dog if u dont mind? I wanna get one which also requires a lot of exercise.

a young german shepherd
he basically destroyed our house as a puppy, lol
Usually one walk/cycle/something a day. I usually take longer ones once a week (i.e. a 2-hour cycle or maybe a 2-3 hour walk- or a hike.)
I walk to the fridge several times a day.
Original post by JVM2020

Hello there :smile:

I try to walk everywhere, so that way I save money on transport and I stay healthy.

I was also struggling a bit to manage to get time to exercise and work, especially after this lockdown. But I recently joined the gym and if there is a day that I feel I won't manage to go to the gym and to get everything done, then I bring my phone to the gym and do a bit of cardio while I reply to my emails, etc. If you are good at multitasking that could help you.

Best wishes
Andrea
Reply 13
Original post by Kingston University
Hello there :smile:

I try to walk everywhere, so that way I save money on transport and I stay healthy.

I was also struggling a bit to manage to get time to exercise and work, especially after this lockdown. But I recently joined the gym and if there is a day that I feel I won't manage to go to the gym and to get everything done, then I bring my phone to the gym and do a bit of cardio while I reply to my emails, etc. If you are good at multitasking that could help you.

Best wishes
Andrea

Walking on a treadmill while doing a load of tasks on your phone is a good combination.
I walk the dog for an hour before work, and same at weekends, then try and not sit too still at my desk so that I do 10,000 steps minimum per day. If I have to go anywhere local I walk.
one

Quick Reply

Latest