The Student Room Group

UCAS application

I finished my Autumn resits recently, and i understand that I will be receiving my results on December. I'm not sure if i should wait until i get my results then apply to UCAS and sent my personal statement or to just do it now, because I'm looking at courses that I'm interested in that require a higher grade that I hopefully acheived in the resits. Furthermore, the later i apply won't places at competitive universities like UCL and KCL be filled up
(edited 2 years ago)
I'd advise getting your applications sent as soon as possible, unless you're really unsure what your grades will be like, since those grades (or at least your expectation of those grades) should somewhat guide your choices. So, if you know the general range of the grades you'll get and you know which unis you want to apply to then send off your applications asap! Good luck!
Nope as long as you submit before the deadline you will get equal consideration.
Reply 3
Original post by _Jonneh_
I'd advise getting your applications sent as soon as possible, unless you're really unsure what your grades will be like, since those grades (or at least your expectation of those grades) should somewhat guide your choices. So, if you know the general range of the grades you'll get and you know which unis you want to apply to then send off your applications asap! Good luck!

Why as soon as possible?
Original post by bvbx
Why as soon as possible?

There's a chance of receiving offers before the deadline if the application is good enough, if you can secure an offer early then why wait?
Places won’t fill up, offers aren’t given out like that. As long as you apply before Jan 15th you’ll be given equal consideration.

I would say wait - keep working on your personal statement and doing research on different unis so once you’ve got the grades you can crack on with the application, but there’s no need to rush it, so you might as well wait until you know your grades.
There's a chance of receiving offers before the deadline if the application is good enough, if you can secure an offer early then why wait?

because it will give you more time to work on your PS and to research your uni choices. why do you need to get your offers early?

Well they might be submitting applications to places where they are under, (or considerably over), the entry requirements.

Original post by zaynabchow
I finished my Autumn resits recently, and i understand that I will be receiving my results on December. I'm not sure if i should wait until i get my results then apply to UCAS and sent my personal statement or to just do it now, because I'm looking at courses that I'm interested in that require a higher grade that I hopefully acheived in the resits. Furthermore, the later i apply won't places at competitive universities like UCL and KCL be filled up

I would wait until you know your results. Or apply to 1 or 2 now and add choices when your grades are available. You'll get equal consideration until Jan 26th anyway, and you may as well use the extra time to polish your PS and then make sure your choices are in line with your actual results. If you do better than expected, you might add aim upwards a bit for example.
Original post by heccyeah
because it will give you more time to work on your PS and to research your uni choices. why do you need to get your offers early?

Places go fast even before the equal consideration deadline, I was assuming since OP was considering sending off their application already that they would have finished their application and research to the best of their ability. My initial response does depend on that!
Reply 9
Original post by Admit-One
Well they might be submitting applications to places where they are under, (or considerably over), the entry requirements.

I would wait until you know your results. Or apply to 1 or 2 now and add choices when your grades are available. You'll get equal consideration until Jan 26th anyway, and you may as well use the extra time to polish your PS and then make sure your choices are in line with your actual results. If you do better than expected, you might add aim upwards a bit for example.

Thank you my A level results were A*AB I did the resit for Chemistry which I got a B in, but some courses i want to apply for need an A in Chemistry, I guess I'll wait and get my ps to the best standard I can if I get an equal consideration anyway
(edited 2 years ago)
Places go fast even before the equal consideration deadline, I was assuming since OP was considering sending off their application already that they would have finished their application and research to the best of their ability. My initial response does depend on that!

Places don't go at all before the application deadline. Everyone who meets the internal requirements gets an offer up until 26th of Jan.

Whoever told you this is wrong - universities MUST give all applicants equal consideration if they apply by the Jan deadline - please stop posting wrong information.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by BlueEyedGirl_
Places won’t fill up, offers aren’t given out like that.
As long as you apply before Jan 15th you’ll be given equal consideration.

This year - 26 January.
Original post by McGinger
This year - 26 January.

Cheers for the correction!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending