The Student Room Group

Does my best friend get me?

I’ve had this friend since the end of my first year of secondary. We’ve been each others best friend for 4 years. Now I think she’s grown bored of me.
She never smiles or laughs around me anymore not like when she’s with out other friends. She’s never been much of a talker about her personal life but she doesn’t even tell me about her accomplishments which I find out from her Instagram or Facebook.

It was my 16th birthday recently and we always get each other something. Even if it’s just a small thing. Even a card. But I got a “happy bday” text.

She’s very dry over text and in person. Every time I try to make conversation she kinda blows me off. Next year it is only us two who are staying for a levels and I really can’t deal with losing friends right now especially her.
I just want my best friend back. Does she hate me or am I paranoid? I’ve asked her if everything is alright but she says she’s fine.
Original post by Julesomoorso
I’ve had this friend since the end of my first year of secondary. We’ve been each others best friend for 4 years. Now I think she’s grown bored of me.
She never smiles or laughs around me anymore not like when she’s with out other friends. She’s never been much of a talker about her personal life but she doesn’t even tell me about her accomplishments which I find out from her Instagram or Facebook.

It was my 16th birthday recently and we always get each other something. Even if it’s just a small thing. Even a card. But I got a “happy bday” text.

She’s very dry over text and in person. Every time I try to make conversation she kinda blows me off. Next year it is only us two who are staying for a levels and I really can’t deal with losing friends right now especially her.
I just want my best friend back. Does she hate me or am I paranoid? I’ve asked her if everything is alright but she says she’s fine.

I know how you feel in these situations but, it’s hard to tell in situations like these. Your friend could be trying to be distant with you for whatever reason but the best thing I can tell you is to leave it for now. You’ve done what YOU can. Let her do the rest it’s up to her now. Take this time to focus and make yourself happy you’re still young you have a whole future ahead of you. I just hit 18 aswell you will start to regret stuff if you don’t act now. Till then focus on you go crazy (not literally😂) and be happy you won’t regret it.
Original post by bless7948
I know how you feel in these situations but, it’s hard to tell in situations like these. Your friend could be trying to be distant with you for whatever reason but the best thing I can tell you is to leave it for now. You’ve done what YOU can. Let her do the rest it’s up to her now. Take this time to focus and make yourself happy you’re still young you have a whole future ahead of you. I just hit 18 aswell you will start to regret stuff if you don’t act now. Till then focus on you go crazy (not literally😂) and be happy you won’t regret it.

Thanks bro
Original post by Julesomoorso

Sometimes all we can do is move on. I recently had a fight with my bestfriend too and since then we haven't acted towards each other as we were before. And tbh I feel like our friendship bond can't go back to what it was because I don't seen to get any good response from her and I'm over it now.
What I am trying to say is that sometimes life changes a person too much that even though when you want stuff to be back as how it was, it becomes impossible because the person has changed. There's not much I can do to help you but what I would say is that you've done all you could, now just leave it. If she's meant for you, she'll come back. Hopefully this helps:smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Sometimes all we can do is move on. I recently had a fight with my bestfriend too and since then we haven't acted towards each other as we were before. And tbh I feel like our friendship bond can't go back to what it was because I don't seen to get any good response from her and I'm over it now.
What I am trying to say is that sometimes life changes a person too much that even though when you want stuff to be back as how it was, it becomes impossible because the person has changed. There's not much I can do to help you but what I would say is that you've done all you could, now just leave it. If she's meant for you, she'll come back. Hopefully this helps:smile:

Thanks bro

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending