The Student Room Group

I feel like nobody wants to talk to me

I’ve been very shy my whole life, because I know I’m weird - I’m autistic, I have depression and anxiety, and I’m very insecure and clingy.

Recently, I joined a new group of friends to get away from my ex. There are 14 of us, and I’ve been close friends with two of them for a long time but the rest are either mutual friends or I’ve never really spoken to them before. I’ve been trying to get involved and interact a little more with those that I haven’t spoken to much, and I have their numbers already.

The thing is, when I’m in the group, I’m too anxious to go up and just invite myself into their conversations because it just feels awkward and wrong. And when I text them, I feel like maybe they don’t really like me. Some of them make absolutely no effort to engage with me. Some of them do but then always “have to go” and then I see them online again minutes after they told me they were busy. It just makes it even harder to connect with them because I don’t feel like they want me there.

Maybe I’m just being insecure - after all, they’ve taken me into their group, they say hi to me, and one of them came up to speak to me this morning before going off with her closer friends. I spoke to two of them for one or two hours the other day, over text, and I’ve only had their numbers since Monday. This is what I mean about insecure and clingy - I know it’s stupid, and it’s this kind of thing that puts people off wanting to be friends with me.

It doesn’t help that one of the girls in the group knows I like her. I feel like she’s just being nice so that she doesn’t hurt my feelings. She’s never made much of an effort to say hi, it feel awkward, but I don’t know what to do about it.

Why do I feel like this? Why do I have to annoy everyone who tries to be nice to me? At this rate, I’m going to be lonely for a long time…

Scroll to see replies

im the exact same. we've even spoke before, and i fund you simple and easy to talk to
i mean found
omg
so embarrassed
Original post by sinestros might
i mean found
omg
so embarrassed

You can just edit your original post. You don't need to correct yourself by making another post. You can also delete your own posts on TSR.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by PowerhouseO
You can just edit your original post. You don't need to correct yourself by making another post. You can also delete your own posts.

now im just more embarrassed lol
now im just more embarrassed lol

Don't be. We all learn.
aha thanks
also if anyone knows what my name means, i will respect you like a god
aha thanks
also if anyone knows what my name means, i will respect you like a god

I had to look it up and I’m still not sure 😂
im the exact same. we've even spoke before, and i fund you simple and easy to talk to

Aw, yeah I saw you on another thread. My PMs are always open if you ever want to talk :smile:
its a new account
im 16liverpoolgay

Ohhh I remember you! Hi again! :biggrin:
hiiii
hiiii

You can’t PM yet can you? When it lets you, you know where to find me if you’d like. How have you been?
fine hru
ino it sounds odd but i missed talking to you
fine hru

I’m good thanks, I’ll be on and off cause I’m doing homework at the same time as talking lol, I have loads to do and not much time to do it. How’s school been? :smile:
ino it sounds odd but i missed talking to you

That’s so sweet, it’s great to talk to you again :hugs:
schools been good thanks
hbuuuu
schools been good thanks
hbuuuu

It’s been okay. I have a lot of exams coming up, and I’ve only just done loads of exams, but I guess that’s all part of being in year 10! I got my target grades recently and I don’t think I’ll be able to reach them so that’s made me lose a little motivation but I’ll just keep working I guess.

Have you got any exams or anything to prepare for?
yeah ive got a singing exam for performing arts
yeah ive got a singing exam for performing arts

Ooh, you can sing? Awesome! Good luck with that - do you know yet what you’ll need to sing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending