Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by outlaw-torn)
    I think I've been really lucky - got absolutely lovely tutors (really laid back, funny etc) but really helpful as well. And lovely people on the course too!

My first week is over too but it was only 2 full days so I don't think it counts two more weeks in uni then we start our placement induction.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where are you at? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frankenstein)
    Where are you at? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    MMU you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    MMU you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahhh same! Primary? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think I've been really lucky - got absolutely lovely tutors (really laid back, funny etc) but really helpful as well. And lovely people on the course too!

My first week is over too but it was only 2 full days so I don't think it counts two more weeks in uni then we start our placement induction.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you believe it's two weeks til we're in school!?! Ahhh!!! My two days have been brilliant - lovely people, lovely tutors and the course looks set to be amazing and very busy!!! Really excited to start properly next week!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh same! Primary? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope, secondary History!

ReputationRep:
    Nope, secondary History!
    Ahhh ;-)
    Yes I walked in on Friday and was overwhelmed because there were loads of secondary people there waiting haha we started on Wednesday and were out n about doings learning outside the classroom on Thursday ;-) did you get free iPad's too? I'm really enjoying the tutors, all seem dead nice, few odd balls on my course tho haha!!

X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh ;-)
    Yes I walked in on Friday and was overwhelmed because there were loads of secondary people there waiting haha we started on Wednesday and were out n about doings learning outside the classroom on Thursday ;-) did you get free iPad's too? I'm really enjoying the tutors, all seem dead nice, few odd balls on my course tho haha!!

X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No we didn't get ipads I'm sooo jealous!! Someone told me primary get those.

Haha yeah there's so many secondary that the professional practice lecture was split into two. I bet there's a lot of primary there though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Kinda wanting school experience to come quicker. This is better than I had anticipated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No we didn't get ipads I'm sooo jealous!! Someone told me primary get those.

Haha yeah there's so many secondary that the professional practice lecture was split into two. I bet there's a lot of primary there though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah we got iPad mini's for the year, asif you didn't get one! That's odd,

There's 150 of us :-) can't wait to get into the classroom,

X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm absolutely exhausted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunfowers01)
    I'm absolutely exhausted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hows it going?

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    Hows it going?

xxx
    I've almost survived the first week. Classes have been good, although I need to work on pitching them at the right level.

How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've almost survived the first week. Classes have been good, although I need to work on pitching them at the right level.

How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds positive, much moreso than your previous position! Pitch will definitely come with experience... it's so hard to pitch to a class you don't know yet.

I am eagerly awaiting a call about a possible Nursery Teacher job till xmas... they are very very busy atm so it's taking a while understandably, but it's so nerve wracking!!! I want to know, so I can start preparing if I have it. It's scary to think I could start next week and know nothing about the children and very little about the way they work things at that school! But I'm sure I'll manage, at least this would stop me over preparing and stressing myself out before I even start.

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    That sounds positive, much moreso than your previous position! Pitch will definitely come with experience... it's so hard to pitch to a class you don't know yet.

I am eagerly awaiting a call about a possible Nursery Teacher job till xmas... they are very very busy atm so it's taking a while understandably, but it's so nerve wracking!!! I want to know, so I can start preparing if I have it. It's scary to think I could start next week and know nothing about the children and very little about the way they work things at that school! But I'm sure I'll manage, at least this would stop me over preparing and stressing myself out before I even start.

xxx
    I teach nursery, if you need any help I am a PM away xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm a week into my primary pgce, we're starting by doing 3 weeks in uni doing core subjects, teacher studies and PDR, we then have a short placement on phonics and early years reading, I'm excited!

Just reading up on science and subject knowledge and how to deliver it to a class, I really wanna get stuck in now and start planning lessons,

It's quite a long drive to and from my uni, about an hour in a lot of traffic, and you know every time I drive home in the evenings, I really feel genuinely happy and overwhelmed that I've been given a spot on a pgce and a chance to follow my career :-) hard work and determination really do pay off!

X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Completed the 2 weeks of induction on my secondary English course.

Wednesday of next week I will start at my first school placement, initially observing for a few weeks then moving on to shared teaching and then finally solo teaching.

Nervous and excited now! Only found out where I'd be going today and it's quite a reasonable distance from where I live - maybe a 25 minute bus journey if traffic is bad. There were a few myths flying round that someone could be sent to the Isle of Man and other places this morning haha.

Everyone on my course is great, tutor is nice and helpful.

Have very limited experience in schools so it's all a bit overwhelming right now but definitely looking forward to next week and the challenges to come.

ReputationRep:
    Glad you guys are enjoying your PGCE so far. Try to keep hold of the optimism even when it gets harder towards the end of the year, you'll really need it. I was so miserable for my last few weeks but I'm so happy in my job now it's untrue. Feel free to check out the blog I'm keeping about being an NQT, some of what you've got to look forward to, or just some anecdotal stuff to laugh at from someone who's been where you guys are at now :-)

http://wimpynqt.blogspot.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balloon_parade)
    I teach nursery, if you need any help I am a PM away xx
    Thank you! I have now got an interview on Tuesday, got to take over for an hour so hoping they'll let me go in to see the routines on Monday as I have no idea what routines and structure they are used to.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Finding things very hard today.

ReputationRep:
    Finding things very hard today.
    Sorry to hear that. Feel free to vent!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.