The Student Room Group

If your boyfriend's bedroom was like this, would you mind?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
After re-reading the OP i'd say people would think he was a lab dweller.
Reply 21
aww..whatever boys are trying to do, they would never control or "programm" anyone...that is the GIRLPOWER!!!!!!+))))

and if you are worried - just read couple of tips from the internet how to distinguish those tricks...))
Depends, if its scattered around the room... or neatly piled up in a corner :awesome:

Honestly:

1)He's doing a psychology degree (in which case you should already know)/ thinking of studing psychology
2)He's really interested in psychology
3) is using you as guinea pig :rolleyes:

.. but Id just ask :smile:, I dont know why anyone would mind.
Reply 23
I'd probably assume he/she was studying psychology.
Original post by my_username_was_taken
If he had lots of books, with 90%+ of them on things such as body language, mind control, psychology, persuasion, influence, Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), self development, power, social biology and similar topics.

If the guy hadn't mentioned stuff like this, How would you feel and react etc?

Thanks for any help.

I would think he was a complete faggot because most of that, especially NLP, is complete bull****.

Original post by Fat-Love
I'd probably assume he/she was studying psychology.

I would assume the complete opposite, because anyone with a basic knowledge of academic psychology would know the above.

Original post by When will I know?

1)He's doing a psychology degree (in which case you should already know)/ thinking of studing psychology
2)He's really interested in psychology

See above.
(edited 13 years ago)
It's fine, just make sure they don't find the night-vision goggles.
Reply 26
I've found that most people who have that many books on that kind of thing have something like Aspergers.
tbh I think he probably has what I call the Einstein (Mozart, Beethoven, de Vinci, Fischer, Dostoevsky) syndrome.
It's when a person who has no claim to acute intelligence attempts to excel in an area which he perceives others regard as obscure. Often these people need others to know what they're doing, and that is where you come into play OP
I think we have another L. Ron Hubbard in the making!

:erm:

Is he studying psychology?
Reply 30
Original post by GodspeedGehenna

I would assume the complete opposite, because anyone with a basic knowledge of academic psychology would know the above.

So essentially anyone who studied psychology like yourself :wink:

I see you're applying for graduate medicine. How's it going so far. Any interviews yet? :biggrin:
I don't see whats odd with it, my Mum has books on all that sort of stuff, most of the theory on NLP etc is related to business and management theory, leadership, how to relate to/lead to people.

I think some people on here misunderstand what this branch of psychology is. It's not Jedi mind tricks that mean you can command people to do as you want them to.

You get theories on how to understand people, build rapports/empathy with people, learn how to get positive reactions from people who you coach/mentor/manage etc. In practical terms it helps make sales/complete business deals, manage conflict in a work environment and so on.
Original post by Fat-Love
So essentially anyone who studied psychology like yourself :wink:

I see you're applying for graduate medicine. How's it going so far. Any interviews yet? :biggrin:

One interview so far! Thanks for asking :smile:
You jusst described my cousin, he has lots of books on body language and self-development etc etc and tbh I'm starting to think he is abit nuts like he is trying to hard but all the while he is like a recluse and doesn't know how to interact socially so he resort to books to find out. Really really strange.
Gahhhhh wrong thread!
(edited 13 years ago)
I'd sit myself down and start reading. :biggrin:
Original post by Choccielatte
Gahhhhh wrong thread!

O.O you serious?

One weird guy.
Original post by Diabolic99
O.O you serious?

One weird guy.

Meant to post on the Masturbation thread but was in wrong firefox window :redface: FAIL.

But yeah, it was true.
Reply 38
Sarah?
I studied a psychology degree and NONE of my books were on those topics (altho I'm not sure what social biology is - anthropology?). I wouldn't be especially freaked out - lots of people are interested in that kind of thing, altho I may be wary of being a guinea pig for a wannabe derren brown :p: best thing to do is just talk to him - not in a confrontational way tho

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending