The Student Room Group

Is it bad to date someone out of your league?

Scroll to see replies

It really depends on the couple and how secure/confident they are. Some would say that my ex-girlfriend was way out of my league and that we were aesthetically mismatched. Sometimes I was pleased that I managed to get with someone who was so attractive, but I was also in a lot of disbelief about whether she really liked me for my appearance because of it.
Original post by MidnightDream
There are other important things than just your personality and no I actually can't you're a tough one to figure out methinks

Anyhoo I'm always getting action :teehee:

and youre a smart gurl

:eek:
Original post by trustmeimlying1
and youre a smart gurl

:eek:

*you're *girl

are you asking a question or what?

And yes dear I am :teehee:
*you're *girl

are you asking a question or what?

And yes dear I am :teehee:

haha its the internet no need to go nazi p

youve already answered...ms dream gurl has turned playa for summer
Original post by OL1V3R
It really depends on the couple and how secure/confident they are. Some would say that my ex-girlfriend was way out of my league and that we were aesthetically mismatched. Sometimes I was pleased that I managed to get with someone who was so attractive, but I was also in a lot of disbelief about whether she really liked me for my appearance because of it.

yeh its just happening to me again and Idk
you question yourself dont yeh:?
if I make her happy tho I guess thats what counts

plus she has to keep making me happy too so not like she has it easy p
This is a problem for me , as a male who is in a league of his own.

Spoiler

Unless you're literally on the verge of going bankrupt or utterly hideous, there are no leagues
haha its the internet no need to go nazi p

youve already answered...ms dream gurl has turned playa for summer

I'm not a player :unimpressed:
I'm not a player :unimpressed:

you just get lots being you I know..

see the uni student show 2nite?
you just get lots being you I know..

see the uni student show 2nite?

Sure sure

Nope went to bed early I'm going to watch it now
I studied psychology and accordingly , most psychologists agree that if you are out of your partner's league , you will feel dissatisfied and feel entitled to strive for more.
Equally , if your partner feels you are out of their league they will feel insecure and are likely to suffer from anxiety over whether you are being faithful.
Also , opposites do not attract - according to a psychologist I can't remember the name of :P they said that what attracts you to a person (unique and opposing characteristics) become predictable , boring and annoying. That leads to dissolution.
So yeah , stick to your league :P unless you've got lots of money

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't really believe in leagues.
No such thing as leagues.

/thread
Sure sure

Nope went to bed early I'm going to watch it now

grand

enjoy

good idea taking that early nap!
grand

enjoy

good idea taking that early nap!

Wasn't my idea 'twas my mothers :unimpressed:

Finished it in one of my frees 'twas quite good :yep:
Wasn't my idea 'twas my mothers :unimpressed:

Finished it in one of my frees 'twas quite good :yep:

yeer still in school!:O I thought yee finished yeer alevels ages ago..

shes a smart wan so..I know the consequences of bad nights sleep

yeh not as good as the rest of them but the most relatable
yeer still in school!:O I thought yee finished yeer alevels ages ago..

shes a smart wan so..I know the consequences of bad nights sleep

yeh not as good as the rest of them but the most relatable

I finished my AS levels yonks ago but I had to come back to school to learn A2 - don't finish till next Tuesday :cry2:

'Twas quite relatable :yep:
Original post by hotliketea
I studied psychology and accordingly , most psychologists agree that if you are out of your partner's league , you will feel dissatisfied and feel entitled to strive for more.
Equally , if your partner feels you are out of their league they will feel insecure and are likely to suffer from anxiety over whether you are being faithful.
Also , opposites do not attract - according to a psychologist I can't remember the name of :P they said that what attracts you to a person (unique and opposing characteristics) become predictable , boring and annoying. That leads to dissolution.
So yeah , stick to your league :P unless you've got lots of money

Posted from TSR Mobile
Il guess youll have to start rolling in the cash babes

otherwise Il have to move on to better things :cool:
This is weird because my girlfriend thinks she's "out of my league", and I think I'm out of hers. But we've been together for a year, so it seems to be working out okay. It's all about trust. If you trust your partner then you shouldn't care about leagues. After all, if they've chosen to be with you, then it's obvious they see something in you, whether that be looks or not.

Original post by andrew2209
Well if you've got with them, then you've done the hard part. In the case of a male dating above his league though, a girl's friend would tend to interfere and tell the girl she could do better more than the reverse scenario.

This is true in my case. Most of my girlfriend's friends hate me, mainly because I'm very loud and say what I think, so that makes me a b*****d, whereas my friends love her. I actually really want her friends to like me, though, so we've had a do-over this month, hopefully this will work.
I finished my AS levels yonks ago but I had to come back to school to learn A2 - don't finish till next Tuesday :cry2:

'Twas quite relatable :yep:

best of luck then!!

im sure youll be grand kid x

oh really..looks like troy isnt as faithful as we thought..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending