The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
jew unit
No, it does cause some minor vasodilatation though. Maybe they just don't teach you the right words at Barts.
And the difference? :colone:

Wind your neck in.
So long as you watch yours.
Cupid Stunt
You look even cooler smoking crack.

Drives the girls wild...:wink:

Ah man! Let me tell you about it!

Just the other day, me and Davey Beckham were sitting in an alley, he were drinking a Bud, I was chasing the dragon.

Guess who got all the bitches.
Reply 122
It's all bull ****. Smoking is gross.
HJV
What are the health benefits of being fat?

I believe you previously stated you'd rather be fat than smoke.
Fat floats. It'll save your life if your out at sea and your boat sinks. :p:
undercover agent
everyone is always tralking about the ill-effects, but there must be some benefits..

It kills off stupid smokers.
This improves the human genome.
They should give free cigarettes to chavs and those who live in East London.
Reply 125
Smoking alleviates countless ill-effects that you weren't even aware you had until you first tried to quit smoking.

jew unit
No, it does cause some minor vasodilatation though. Maybe they just don't teach you the right words at Barts. Wind your neck in.

Renal
So long as you watch yours.

If only.
Reply 126
flugestuge
It kills off stupid smokers.
This improves the human genome.
They should give free cigarettes to chavs and those who live in East London.

wowww how are you gonna generalise in such a way, im sure east london isnt completely filled with smokers, or chavs.
Kdotshai
wowww how are you gonna generalise in such a way, im sure east london isnt completely filled with smokers, or chavs.

probably too scared to have ever been anywhere near east london
Reply 128
TheMannequin
probably too scared to have ever been anywhere near east london

was that aimed at me?
Kdotshai

Human debris tend to accumulate in slums like east london.
Why not fumigate them by giving them free cigarettes ?
Reply 130
Benefits of smoking?

HAH.
Reply 131
ive just got some greek cigarettes called assos 25. and ive read infact that they start to slowly remove any lung cancer that may have built up over the years, there's only 0.1mg of nicotine, and there is actually more than that in oxygen around us.
Reply 132
JKLJKL
there's only 0.1mg of nicotine, and there is actually more than that in oxygen around us.
I imagine that there's actually only oxygen in the oxygen around us...

biznay_08
Benefits of smoking?

HAH.
Do you feel stupid yet or have you not actually bothered to read the ****ing thread to discover how ignorant you are?
Reply 133
wallflower*
...you get cancer before the alzheimers sets in?

It's been proven that a cigarette and a puzzle in the evening helps prevent the onset of alzheimers. Fact.
Reply 134
Let's just hope the cancer doesn't set in before the alzheimers, huh? It's absolutely pathetic that people are trying to justify smoking by finding insignificant health benefits from the wretched habbit. Any benefits are far, far outweighed by the negatives. Smokers are pathetic, and that fact is only compounded by the losers on this thread who are trying to cling to some negligable health benefit to make themselves feel better about being an addicted slave to their filthy habbit.
Barny
Let's just hope the cancer doesn't set in before the alzheimers, huh? It's absolutely pathetic that people are trying to justify smoking by finding insignificant health benefits from the wretched habbit. Any benefits are far, far outweighed by the negatives. Smokers are pathetic, and that fact is only compounded by the losers on this thread who are trying to cling to some negligable health benefit to make themselves feel better about being an addicted slave to their filthy habbit.

Wooo someone has had some serious anti-smoking programming!

I'm a non-smoker but recognize that it does have certain short term benefits, namely chilling you out. Long term it doesn't look so good but as a famous economist once said, 'In the long term we're all dead.' :cool:
Barny

You sound like you need a cigarette. I think its pathetic that people like you can get so het up about what other people choose to do with their own lives.
Reply 137
DannyBoy123
Wooo someone has had some serious anti-smoking programming!

I'm a non-smoker but recognize that it does have certain short term benefits, namely chilling you out. Long term it doesn't look so good but as a famous economist once said, 'In the long term we're all dead.' :cool:

Short-term benefits? You realise that "chilling out" only occurs when you are addicted and the feeling of withdrawel is relieved. Smoking actually raises your heart-rate, blood pressure and brain activity, and that is an immediate effect, not just a long-term one.

Oh by the way, I'm not "het up" whatever that is, believe me there is not an ounce of compassion in what I'm typing, just pointing out the facts.
Barny

You're acting like smokers are the spawn of the devil. A lot of things are bad for us, but we still do them, namely because we want to. And it's not just a matter of the negatives cancelling out the positives; as with everything, you have to weigh the two sides up and come to your own conclusion.

Barny
Short-term benefits? You realise that "chilling out" only occurs when you are addicted and the feeling of withdrawel is relieved. Smoking actually raises your heart-rate, blood pressure and brain activity, and that is an immediate effect, not just a long-term one.

Yes, but from a psychological point of view, smoking does relax many people, even if in biological terms it's just an illusion.
Reply 139
From a psychological point of view, it isn't relaxing until you are addicted either. It's the habitual nature of smoking coupled with the biological effects that make it "relaxing" to smokers. I can guarantee you as a non-smoker, if I were to smoke a cigarette now, it would not relax me. It would actually do the complete opposite. I don't think that smokers are the spawn of the devil, I just think they are losers - still, I don't have much of a problem with them if they keep to themselves and don't smoke anywhere near me. I just find it even more pathetic that people would try and justify their reasons for being a loser by searching for insignificant health benefits that can be found from an otherwise totally destructive, and thoroughly disgusting, habbit.

Latest

Trending

Trending