The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Anyone?
Who gives a ****? It's your life, if you like her, ask her out.
Reply 3
Don't see why people would call you weird. That's a pretty small gap.
My best friend is 17 and she's shagging a 24 year old. Personally, I find it a little weird but you won't know what works unless you try it. It's different if you're looking for a relationship, since the example I posted is just a friends with benefits type of relationship.
Not bad at all :no:. It's your life, I am 19 and seeing a 26 year old, and I wouldn't have any other guy, and people are not in the least bit bothered when they hear the age gap.
its not so bad i guess

that said she is still a child though....
Anonymous
Hello

What do people think about the age gap of 5 years between a girl of 17 and a guy of 22 both of whom are at college?

I wondered if it would be inapropriate to ask a girl that much younger than me out or not?

I don't want people to think im weird.

Thoughts apreciated. ty

This threads been done a thousand times. If it works, why not.
Reply 8
It's fine, even more so because you are at the same college. I would go slow with it though and make especially sure your intentions are right.
i dont see a problem with it.

although from experience it won't work out if you're looking for something serious
I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's fine.

I got with my husband when I was 17 and he was 24.
Now I'm 26, he's 33, we're married with 3 kids, it's all good.
Reply 11
sorry im giving advise for the ladies...lol or to the girl who you like.

if you only like him coz hes older and looks "manley" lol then your going the worng way... guys around your age will age in future and look manly soon (my gf gave me a huge essay bout this...hehe)

if its beacuse you like who he is...nice and funny and so on... then the age gap shoudnt worry you, its how your feel about him thats more important. but yea you will have to live with the 1 or 2 comments from people bout the age differnce.... but **** them...lol your in love. :smile:

anyway, about you...lol it isnt a problem, and if she dosent feel its a problem then thats great.
Not that bad, go for it, you only live once :wink: you might get some **** for it but if you're both happy and it works then why not?
Reply 13
Anonymous
Hello

What do people think about the age gap of 5 years between a girl of 17 and a guy of 22 both of whom are at college?

I wondered if it would be inapropriate to ask a girl that much younger than me out or not?

I don't want people to think im weird.

Thoughts apreciated. ty

welll i'm 18 and my boyfriends 21
so an extra year both ways isnt bad tbh
as long as she's mature enough to handle an adult relationship you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 14
well youve obviously got some doubts...for whatever reason. casue i dont think thats weird. and i dont think anyone else does either?
I've had this situation, I was 16 at the time and met someone through my brothers girlfriend who was older (5 years), to cut a long story short, I looked older and I suppose he looked younger, met up with him a few times and got on really well (no sex etc). Then the big age discussion came about and it turned out he was 21, neither of us realised how big the gap was. I got so much **** about it from my brother so couldn't meet up properly again. It's only recently that I've got into contact with him again and I still feel the same way about him and I know he has a thing for me. So basically wasn't 'allowed' to see this person for two years because of irritating people trying to get involved.
My advice would be go for it, because as soon as you've been with that person for a couple of months noone will care, people just get kicks out of creating something out of nothing it's ridiculous. I bet you can't even tell there's an age gap between you.
Good luck :smile:
Reply 16
It's not bad at all. I'm 17, and my boyfriend is 22. I don't mind at all, he doesn't mind at all.

End of story.

All that matters is that you are both comfortable with the arrangement. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending