The Student Room Group

Autistic boy is obessesed with me

Hi
I'm having problems with this boy whos autistic. Hes just obsessed with me and its driving me barmy. Its been going on since last september but lately the constant attention has just been getting worse and worse. Hes isolated himself completely and now i'm his only friend. He keeps telling me how if i walked away he'd have no one and emotionally blackmailing me.I told him I'm not interested in him that way but he doesn't get the message. Whenever i show the slightest bit of interest in anyone else he gets really angry and has a right rant at me but afterwards he goes on at me that its my fault for being upset at him ranting at me because i don't understand his autistic tendencies. He constantly facebook stalks me and texts me as much as he can throughout the day getting angry if i don't text back. We were friends before all this and he says he knows we are not going to be more but it doesn't seem to stop his clingy jealousy and anger.
Its needs to end i'm sick of holding back with other people because of his jealousy and its not just me he gets angry at he gets angry with the other person and trys to put them off me

I can't take it anymore but i can't say it to him becuase i'm his only friend. What should i do?:frown:
Reply 1
Are you at school? Work? Where ever you are, I would try to keep your distance from him.....
Reply 2
Anonymous
Hi
I'm having problems with this boy whos autistic. Hes just obsessed with me and its driving me barmy. Its been going on since last september but lately the constant attention has just been getting worse and worse. Hes isolated himself completely and now i'm his only friend. He keeps telling me how if i walked away he'd have no one and emotionally blackmailing me.I told him I'm not interested in him that way but he doesn't get the message. Whenever i show the slightest bit of interest in anyone else he gets really angry and has a right rant at me but afterwards he goes on at me that its my fault for being upset at him ranting at me because i don't understand his autistic tendencies. He constantly facebook stalks me and texts me as much as he can throughout the day getting angry if i don't text back. We were friends before all this and he says he knows we are not going to be more but it doesn't seem to stop his clingy jealousy and anger.
Its needs to end i'm sick of holding back with other people because of his jealousy and its not just me he gets angry at he gets angry with the other person and trys to put them off me

I can't take it anymore but i can't say it to him becuase i'm his only friend. What should i do?:frown:

Its a difficult one because of his autisum. Do you know what level his disability is catergorised as? Does he have any support at school/college/work? Do you know his parents/family/carer?
Reply 3
Look, just let him screw you once... he will remember it forever [most likely get himself off over it] & won't bother you again.
Reply 4
Run away :woo:
Reply 5
playlislay
Are you at school? Work? Where ever you are, I would try to keep your distance from him.....

Great idea! I bet she never thought of that one before.
Reply 6
It's bad because you can't tell him to piss off because he got a disorder..
Reply 7
He's a rapist in the making. Stay far away from him, inform any male you date about that guy's anger issues so he doesn't get the chance to lead them into a dark alley and...

Don't show mercy because he's autistic. He's using it as an excuse!
Make yourself ugly and dirty.
Just tell him nicely, talk to a teacher or his family about it.
Find a guy and don't tell him, but make sure he finds out. Hopefully he'll realise he has no chance. Even if you can't find one, make one up.
Reply 11
Mr Thinhead
Great idea! I bet she never thought of that one before.

Listen buster, I just wanted to bump the thread for her as nobody had answered for 20 hours. I was too tired to elaborate. Looks like it done the trick.........

Looks like YOUR reply was a great load of help to her!!!! :cool:
Reply 12
Talk to a teacher/tutor/his parents. Chances are that he just doesn't get that your not interested and that his behaviour is inappropriate. Remember one of the key traits of autism is the lack of social awareness.
daedalos
He's a rapist in the making. Stay far away from him, inform any male you date about that guy's anger issues so he doesn't get the chance to lead them into a dark alley and...

Don't show mercy because he's autistic. He's using it as an excuse!

You bastard, you should consider people's feelings first before you make idiotic statements.
Reply 14
Dark Blade Edge
You bastard, you should consider people's feelings first before you make idiotic statements.

Instead of calling me a bastard you should read the first post in this thread. All the signs are there. That man is dangerous, and he's deliberately using his autism as an excuse to blackmail the OP. Wasting too much time considering other people's feelings won't get you anywhere. She's tried talking to him and it hasn't worked. You're still living in a dream world and not looking at what's happened/what could happen.

PS: The idiots who negged me, expect a return of favor once I get my friends here to neg you.
Just tell him straight and then get out out there and have no further contact.
Reply 16
Walk away from him...in doing nothing you're giving him hope! Tell him you need some time on your own and it's best if you don't talk.
I think this is a case where you're going to have to do something difficult and break contact with him. If he stalks out your facebook - delete him off there and block him. Don't answer his messages anymore. It sounds like its a very unhealthy relationship and I think in the long run it would benefit him too to stop relying on you and begin branching out to other people. I know it sounds harsh and is difficult because of his autism but I can't really see any other way unless you know somebody who could speak to him and really get through to him?
If he has a carer you could perhaps talk to them and explain why you need to break contact and ask their advice

Latest

Trending

Trending