The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Jimbo1234
So then why are you overweight?

I eat too much and don't move enough, duh.
Trigger
I eat too much and don't move enough, duh.

I'll rephrase the question.
Why do you choose to be overweight, unhealthy, and unattractive to most people?
Reply 102
Jimbo1234
I'll rephrase the question.
Why do you choose to be overweight, unhealthy, and unattractive to most people?

Because i have a hot boyfriend, good friends and care little about other peoples opinions :h:
Can I ask, Jimbo, why you think appearance is so important?

You frequently use the argument of humans being programmed by evolution to find certain physical characteristics attractive, and that therefore these characteristics are hugely important for human reproduction.

You also claim that the majority of women are unattractive, yet if it were the case that only people who possessed these attractive physical traits managed to have meaningful relationships and reproduce, the human race would long ago have died out. So the fact that many 'unattractive' people do have children would appear to disprove your reasoning here.

therefore you must have some other argument in order to defend your views on the importance of appearance?
Trigger
Because i have a hot boyfriend, good friends and care little about other peoples opinions :h:

Well I'm sure you think he is hot.
NB: You might want to read my reply below.

hannah234
Can I ask, Jimbo, why you think appearance is so important?

You frequently use the argument of humans being programmed by evolution to find certain physical characteristics attractive, and that therefore these characteristics are hugely important for human reproduction.

You also claim that the majority of women are unattractive, yet if it were the case that only people who possessed these attractive physical traits managed to have meaningful relationships and reproduce, the human race would long ago have died out. So the fact that many 'unattractive' people do have children would appear to disprove your reasoning here.

therefore you must have some other argument in order to defend your views on the importance of appearance?

Appearance is important as it says many things about a person. If someone is overweight it shows that they do not look after their health, they are hedonistic, lazy, and most likely lack self control and motivation.

Which one of those traits is attractive?

Now I have never claimed that the majority of women are unattractive. What I may have said is that most British women are unattractive - which is a fair comment when 1 in 3 is overweight, the average size is 16, and the average height is 5 ft 3 1/2. Why would I find a short, overweight girl attractive, especially as I have pointed out the numerous character flaws that come with being fat.

Now why people have not died out is because people go for people who are similar, and whilst I complain about the British women, most of the men are not that much better. If you realise that you are to lazy to get an attractive partner, you are not going to aim for the Brad Pitt or Jessica Alba as you know that is not possible. Instead you aim for joe/jane average as it is possible. It is just like a job. If you are average you do not aim to be a CEO of a major company as you know it is impossible.
However people can not control their looks and how they are born, so to complain about them is a little unfair. But what they can control is their appearance and how much effort they put in. When you see that the majority of people have not tried one bit, then this says about them because who wants to look ugly? Who does not like being checked out and hearing compliments about how they look? In counties such as Japan, if you do not bother with your appearance you are at the bottom of the social ladder because they acknowledge this is not a healthy attitude.

Now what part of that is unfair or does not make sense? :smile:
Reply 105
Jimbo1234
Well I'm sure you think he is hot.
NB: You might want to read my reply below.

Appearance is important as it says many things about a person. If someone is overweight it shows that they do not look after their health, they are hedonistic, lazy, and most likely lack self control and motivation.

Which one of those traits is attractive?

Now I have never claimed that the majority of women are unattractive. What I may have said is that most British women are unattractive - which is a fair comment when 1 in 3 is overweight, the average size is 16, and the average height is 5 ft 3 1/2. Why would I find a short, overweight girl attractive, especially as I have pointed out the numerous character flaws that come with being fat.

Now why people have not died out is because people go for people who are similar, and whilst I complain about the British women, most of the men are not that much better. If you realise that you are to lazy to get an attractive partner, you are not going to aim for the Brad Pitt or Jessica Alba as you know that is not possible. Instead you aim for joe/jane average as it is possible. It is just like a job. If you are average you do not aim to be a CEO of a major company as you know it is impossible.
However people can not control their looks and how they are born, so to complain about them is a little unfair. But what they can control is their appearance and how much effort they put in. When you see that the majority of people have not tried one bit, then this says about them because who wants to look ugly? Who does not like being checked out and hearing compliments about how they look? In counties such as Japan, if you do not bother with your appearance you are at the bottom of the social ladder because they acknowledge this is not a healthy attitude.

Now what part of that is unfair or does not make sense? :smile:

Sigh. I dress well, i wash everyday, wear make-up, brush my hair etc. I barely eat junk food as i cook my meals everyday using good ingredients. I just eat too much of it. I am educated, articulate, witty, charming, friendly, caring and popular. I am chatted up in pubs and clubs, i have done pin up modelling and have been asked to do more...for some reason my size 16 frame doesn't seem to stop me from doing any of these things? I can totally appreciate that in your world your opinion is the most important thing in your life but it isn't in mine.

Get over it, i am a confident woman carrying an extra 3 stone. I'm very happy. Japan can quite frankly go **** themselves, Sumo wrestlers are superstars there.
Trigger
Sigh. I dress well, i wash everyday, wear make-up, brush my hair etc. I barely eat junk food as i cook my meals everyday using good ingredients. I just eat too much of it. I am educated, articulate, witty, charming, friendly, caring and popular. I am chatted up in pubs and clubs, i have done pin up modelling and have been asked to do more...for some reason my size 16 frame doesn't seem to stop me from doing any of these things? I can totally appreciate that in your world your opinion is the most important thing in your life but it isn't in mine.

Get over it, i am a confident woman carrying an extra 3 stone. I'm very happy. Japan can quite frankly go **** themselves, Sumo wrestlers are superstars there.

You dress well? Your profile picture would beg to differ.
Why do you bother with make up when you are overweight? This shows you care about your appearance, yet are overweight. Quite the contradiction.
Caring? Well you do not care about yourself as your health is at risk. Again, another contradiction.
Size 16 frame? No dear, if you were a healthy weight you would not be size 16, that frame is that size because of chub.

Ah yes, so confident in yourself that you feel the need to insult a whole nation rather then put forward why you are not hedonistic and all the other bad qualities I listed. You truly are quite educated and articulate..... :rolleyes:
Reply 107
Jimbo1234
You dress well? Your profile picture would beg to differ.
Why do you bother with make up when you are overweight? This shows you care about your appearance, yet are overweight. Quite the contradiction.
Caring? Well you do not care about yourself as your health is at risk. Again, another contradiction.
Size 16 frame? No dear, if you were a healthy weight you would not be size 16, that frame is that size because of chub.

Ah yes, so confident in yourself that you feel the need to insult a whole nation rather then put forward why you are not hedonistic and all the other bad qualities I listed. You truly are quite educated and articulate..... :rolleyes:

Do you have a degree in talking ******** or do you do it for fun? I don't wear the clothes in my profile picture to Tesco believe it or not but i think it says something about my confidence to have it up on a forum full of chauvinistic little boys like your good self. I didn't say i was a healthy weight in fact i made a point to mention i was carrying an extra 3 stone. And what correlation is there between not bothering with make-up and being overweight? You've scraped the barrel so hard there is a goddamn hole in it.

And how the hell have i insulted a whole nation? You're the one hating on fat people.
(edited 13 years ago)
Trigger
Do you have a degree in talking ******** or do you do it for fun? I don't wear the clothes in my profile picture to Tesco believe it or not but i think it says something about my confidence to have it up on a forum full of chauvinistic little boys like your good self. I didn't say i was a healthy weight in fact i made a point to mention i was carrying an extra 3 stone. And what correlation is there between not bothering with make-up and being overweight? You've scraped the barrel so hard there is a goddamn hole in it.

And how the hell have i insulted a whole nation? You're the one hating on fat people.

Wow, your opening sentence shows how incorrect I was in thinking that you may not be articulate. :rolleyes: The clothes on your profile show that you are in complete denial about how you look as most guys probably make jokes when they see it, not get turned on as you hope.
Chauvinistic? At what point have I claimed that only fat women are the problem? I think you need to read more carefully before throwing out big bad words.
And now to spell out the simple stuff for you. Sadly I have no felt and sparkles at hand to make it easier for you to follow, but I make do with what little tools I have. Why do you wear make up? To look better, ergo you want to look better, therefore you care about what people think and/or you want to look good. Now who looks worse, the girl who is a healthy size and no make up, or the overweight girl with make up? I'll give you a clue, it is the latter.

Japan can quite frankly go **** themselves

Last I checked you just insulted an entire nations culture because they disagree with your unhealthy and hedonistic life style for fair reasons.

Now rather then screaming at me, please explain why someone would want to be fat, or what positive traits it tells you about someone.
Reply 109
Jimbo1234
Wow, your opening sentence shows how incorrect I was in thinking that you may not be articulate. :rolleyes: The clothes on your profile show that you are in complete denial about how you look as most guys probably make jokes when they see it, not get turned on as you hope.
Chauvinistic? At what point have I claimed that only fat women are the problem? I think you need to read more carefully before throwing out big bad words.
And now to spell out the simple stuff for you. Sadly I have no felt and sparkles at hand to make it easier for you to follow, but I make do with what little tools I have. Why do you wear make up? To look better, ergo you want to look better, therefore you care about what people think and/or you want to look good. Now who looks worse, the girl who is a healthy size and no make up, or the overweight girl with make up? I'll give you a clue, it is the latter.

Last I checked you just insulted an entire nations culture because they disagree with your unhealthy and hedonistic life style for fair reasons.

Now rather then screaming at me, please explain why someone would want to be fat, or what positive traits it tells you about someone.

Whoes screaming, it's the internet. I think you will find, regardless of size, almost all women wear some degree of make up. It enhances my features. Features that i happen to like.

I will spell it out for you again as you are clearly far too full of bile and venom to understand. I am happy looking the way i do, i do not care what you think. I have a wonderful life filled with good friends, a loving partner and good food. If you don't like the way i look then turn away. Simple.
Reply 110
Completely depends on the girl. Personally I like fairly normal build males (rather hypocritcal). I'd not like a personal trainer as I'd feel they were judging me.
Go for it dude, g.l
Trigger
Whoes screaming, it's the internet. I think you will find, regardless of size, almost all women wear some degree of make up. It enhances my features. Features that i happen to like.

I will spell it out for you again as you are clearly far too full of bile and venom to understand. I am happy looking the way i do, i do not care what you think. I have a wonderful life filled with good friends, a loving partner and good food. If you don't like the way i look then turn away. Simple.

I love how you have avoided answering my questions.

Also, quite a few women nowadays do not wear make up, just look at how many threads go on about it.

Of course you think you like how you look. You are hedonistic and lazy.

Which part of looking like you are either so hedonistic you do not care about your own health or that you have issues so you are eating yourself to happiness & into an early grave , do you like? Are you also claiming that on your own you have single handedly (other hand filled with cake no doubt) have beaten evolution and that you find yourself, a walking symbol of ill-health, attractive?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 113
Jimbo1234
I love how you have avoided answering my questions.

Also, quite a few women nowadays do not wear make up, just look at how many threads go on about it.

Of course you think you like how you look. You are hedonistic and lazy.

Which part of looking like you are either so hedonistic you do not care about your own health or that you have issues so you are eating yourself to happiness & into an early grave , do you like? Are you also claiming that on your own you have single handedly (other hand filled with cake no doubt) have beaten evolution and that you find yourself, a walking symbol of ill-health, attractive?

Do you enjoy arguing this much in real life?
wassupjg
Do you enjoy arguing this much in real life?

Not arguing, merely giving people life advice and forcing them to swallow it :biggrin:
Haha I love TSR arguments sometimes!
I date chubby/fat girls exclusively. It's pretty awesome.
Reply 117
Jimbo1234
Not arguing, merely giving people life advice and forcing them to swallow it :biggrin:

So far i haven't seen one ounce of advice, just you continuing to try (and fail miserably) and make me feel bad about the way i look. Call me all the names under the sun, i don't care. I am happy and judging by the way you feel the need to speak to people, you're not.
Trigger
So far i haven't seen one ounce of advice, just you continuing to try (and fail miserably) and make me feel bad about the way i look. Call me all the names under the sun, i don't care. I am happy and judging by the way you feel the need to speak to people, you're not.

Advice?
Eat less and do exercise.
It really is not that hard and everyone knows this.
You do not need advice, but motivation. :gasp:
Reply 119
Jimbo1234
Advice?
Eat less and do exercise.
It really is not that hard and everyone knows this.
You do not need advice, but motivation. :gasp:

Sigh. I think i will stick to how i am thanks. A nice person. You are not a nice person. Good night.

Latest

Trending

Trending