The Student Room Group

The Ugly Friend

Scroll to see replies

Original post by akash11
Girls alwys talk about their friends looks, I though this only applied to preety girls? No wonder most girls are up their own ass.

I don't :s-smilie:

I and my friends usually talk about boys, fashion, school etc.
I can't imagine the day our conversations centre around how ugly another 'friend' is.
Reply 41
Original post by PortiaLovesMcqueen
I don't :s-smilie:

I and my friends usually talk about boys, fashion, school etc.
I can't imagine the day our conversations centre around how ugly another 'friend' is.

So youre not preety I guess?
Reply 42
I've never had an ugly friend, I am the ugly friend LOL it gets annoying when people say you're pretty and you know they're lying, but I guess they're just being nice :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by Sakura-Chan
I agree.

What I've also noticed is... In my group of 7 closest friends (from home) the ones who were considered most attractive while we were in high school are now suddenly the ''ugly'' ones, and the ones that used to get no attention in school are now fighting guys off with a big stick.

What? Are they using violence as means of getting hooked up with guys?!
:wink:

Seriously though, if you think that you're more attractive than someone and hence superior in a social way, then you intuitively wouldn't mingle with them. :colone:
(edited 13 years ago)
I think I'm the 'ugly friend' sometimes! Well more like 'fat friend who no one will be attracted to'.
Definately when I go out with one of the girls from work...shes so attractive but so lovely that I cant hate her for it! haha!
No seriously....I just end up making better friends with guys than actually anything more! Bad times!
Original post by Melanie-v
Very few people are actually ugly. You sound like a good person. I kid of know what you mean - when I get to be friends with someone, I don't have a picture in my head when I think of them so much as a mix of their characteristics and expressions. Your flatmate doesn't sound like a nice person, tbh. Who always talks about their friend like that?

Thats so true! Everytime i think of one of my friends, i never really see a still picture, just an expression or something relating to their personality.

OP, i know what you mean about not thinking of your friends as ugly, I have some friends people wouldn't think are conventionally pretty but they still appear beautiful to me :smile: I think when you really like a person, they're appearance also kinda grows on you maybe?
Original post by Sakura-Chan
I agree.

What I've also noticed is... In my group of 7 closest friends (from home) the ones who were considered most attractive while we were in high school are now suddenly the ''ugly'' ones, and the ones that used to get no attention in school are now fighting guys off with a big stick.

That gives me some hope then. :ahee:
Original post by akash11
So youre not preety I guess?

I think I'm beautiful in my own eyes (same as all my boyfriends) :wink:... All my friends are beautiful in my eyes.

I have 3 best friends. ALL of us have boyfriends. ALL of us get our share of attention.

There is no 'sad' or 'ugly' one.

When we meet us we all share stories about whose boyfriend has done what or whatever new guy we are seeing. It's never a competition.

We have been best friends for 8 years now and have grown up together, watched each other go from year 7 through to college etc and have had all kinds of make up and fashion disasters.

We have also been through a lot together emotionally.

Because of this I can't ever look at them as 'ugly' or 'pretty'.

I think genuine friendship is ALOT deeper than that.
Reply 48
I think I'm beautiful in my own eyes (same as all my boyfriends) :wink:... All my friends are beautiful in my eyes.

Original post by Le Masquerador.
Thats so true! Everytime i think of one of my friends, i never really see a still picture, just an expression or something relating to their personality.

OP, i know what you mean about not thinking of your friends as ugly, I have some friends people wouldn't think are conventionally pretty but they still appear beautiful to me :smile: I think when you really like a person, they're appearance also kinda grows on you maybe?

Yes. It's lovely actually :smile: hence why I get a little shocked when I hear people like my flat mate. I have done volunteering with people with burn scars some were disfigured in the face and I remember how much it warmed my heart at how amazing some of them were :'(

When you look at them they had disfigured features but they were such amazingly beautiful people deep down. :smile:

I have 3 best friends. ALL of us have boyfriends. ALL of us get our share of attention.

There is no 'sad' or 'ugly' one.

When we meet us we all share stories about whose boyfriend has done what or whatever new guy we are seeing. It's never a competition.

We have been best friends for 8 years now and have grown up together, watched each other go from year 7 through to college etc and have had all kinds of make up and fashion disasters.

We have also been through a lot together emotionally.

Because of this I can't ever look at them as 'ugly' or 'pretty'.

I think genuine friendship is ALOT deeper than that.

I like what you've said here. +Rep.
Original post by Yawn11

LOL. I don't need to post of a photo of me and my friends to prove we are attractive they would defeat the purpose of my WHOLE thread.

I don't think you got my point..... :s-smilie:
Original post by TheMagicRat
I like what you've said here. +Rep.

:colondollar:
Reply 53
LOL. I don't need to post of a photo of me and my friends to prove we are attractive they would defeat the purpose of my WHOLE thread.

I don't think you got my point..... :s-smilie:

Then... GTFO?? :lolwut:
Reply 54
i am the ugly friend :tongue: and i know it everytime we go into a bathroom with mirrors

but i don't care, cause we all have a laugh and a good time and generally forget all about looks and crap like that.

your flatmate sounds horrible, i wouldn't get into her group of friends if i were you :smile:
Reply 55
I'm one of the uglies in my crew but one of the tallest and definitely the most hung.
Original post by laurie:)
i am the ugly friend :tongue: and i know it everytime we go into a bathroom with mirrors

but i don't care, cause we all have a laugh and a good time and generally forget all about looks and crap like that.

your flatmate sounds horrible, i wouldn't get into her group of friends if i were you :smile:

That's sweet!
Reply 57
just because you say someone is ugly doesn't mean that your not friends, it is just a fact ,but i think with guys we just care so much less because looks are less important for a guy.

women on the other hand, most groups tend to always have an ugly friend and they'll say she's pretty and maybe they believe it maybe they don't, but that person is still ugly (and you'll have to pair an unlucky friend off with her if you want to get anywhere with the others)
Reply 58
That's sweet!

its true though, just because someone's ugly doesn't mean you can't have a fun time and just generally relax and be yourself with the people you genuinely care about!
Original post by Drumzilla
just because you say someone is ugly doesn't mean that your not friends, it is just a fact ,but i think with guys we just care so much less because looks are less important for a guy.

women on the other hand, most groups tend to always have an ugly friend and they'll say she's pretty and maybe they believe it maybe they don't, but that person is still ugly (and you'll have to pair an unlucky friend off with her if you want to get anywhere with the others)

HA.

My boyfriend has spoken about this.
When men say 'taking one for the team'. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending