The Student Room Group

TSR Muscle Building Society For Men V8

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gone Revising II
Talking of peak, what is your age now?

Do you have any desire to compete in anything? (Strength competitions/running/physique competition)

22. So I have time...

Being honest, no. Would like a sub 10 min mile and a half but that’s it really.
Just doing it because I enjoy it and deem it beneficial to me
Short term goal - get below 110kg, currently 117 down from 132. I’m 6’5”
Long term goal- get stronger while staying lean, wanna push my bench up to 140kg and wanna see some veins finally lol
Talking of peak, what is your age now?

Do you have any desire to compete in anything? (Strength competitions/running/physique competition)

The dream. What’re you weighing now and how much will the chiselling of the cheeks cost you in weight?

Still around 73 I think, I'll update you tomorrow. Well last time I had a clear bone structure I was 62kg lol, maybe high 60s I hope? Either way I definitely have a lot of fat to lose (relative to my own goals of course).

Haha, beat your last PB or die/break something trying!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Hit my first 220kg squat recently. So after two years of lifting, I finally feel that I am relatively strong.

Want to try to push on to the 160kg bench.
Which comp are you competing in? (Fed and location)

Ten years to Pozdeev, big ambition, would you be prepared to supplement to the maximum at some point ? (or see how it goes, no strong opinion either way )

GBPF London, Bethnal Green Weightlifting Gym

I might consider taking gear after I have children if required. Wbu? Did you answer your own topic haha
Original post by JoshNilsson
Short term goal - get below 110kg, currently 117 down from 132. I’m 6’5”
Long term goal- get stronger while staying lean, wanna push my bench up to 140kg and wanna see some veins finally lol

Good man. With your height (and presumable reasonable pressing given your bench aim) you should get some strongman training if you haven’t already and look at comps.
Original post by Hayek's socks
Hit my first 220kg squat recently. So after two years of lifting, I finally feel that I am relatively strong.

Want to try to push on to the 160kg bench.

220 after two years is very impressive. Do you have any videos of that or other heavy squats? What’re your other main lifts and how heavy are you?
Let’s have a mini revival.

What are everyone’s current goals, short and longer terms and what’re people doing to get there? (I’ll detail mine tomorrow)

(And we can all butt in on each other’s strategic plans.)

Short and long term - continue to improve hips
- Manage arthritis
- Return to 200kg DL club
- Be able to get to the gym. Goddamn spring :colonhash:
Original post by Angry cucumber
- Manage arthritis

How do you manage your arthritis?
Original post by Unistudent77
How do you manage your arthritis?

- No crazy sessions
- No running (or sport including running)
- Stay sub 100kg
- Don't squat
- Try not to knee excessively (hard at lambing time but yeah)
- Yoga/ foamrolling/ stretching

So yeah, sensible life choices really. Struggling on diet atm, not been home before 8:30 recently and on call is brutal atm so just dead tired. Not been to gym either this week as my gym closes the doors to anyone new coming in at 8 :colonhash:
Reply 7970
Short term goals.

Current Stats. 90kg at 6'0, circa 17% bf.

Squat (120kg 12x3) can probably do more for squat but I don't use a spotter.
Leg press (300kg 12x4) know machines pretty crap but I like my leg day
Bench 80kg (8x3) weak I know, long arms don't help
Dumbell row 26kg (10x4)
Pullups (can do 8 on a good day, used to be able to do 10)

Short term goals (i.e. by the end of summer)

Get down to 85kg (I'm not really a guy who cares so much about weight, but would like a lot of lean body mass, ideally get to 13% or less bf)
Squat 140kg
Bench 90kg
Pullups (10)

Long term goals (i.e. by 2020)

Be able to dunk 2 handed. (can dunk 1 handed on good days, have a 30 inch vertical, would like to increase this to about 33inches)
Bench 110kg
100 pushups
15 pullups
sub 10% bf.

No idea what my weight would be for all of this.

Original post by Sae.HH
Short term goal; Stop being so fluffy and get dem cheekbones back
Long term goal; Beat my last PB on infinite loop

Methods; Prop bets, excel tracking, stocking good foods.

Why; Not suitable for this site.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl:
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Short term goals.

Current Stats. 90kg at 6'0, circa 17% bf.

Squat (120kg 12x3) can probably do more for squat but I don't use a spotter.
Leg press (300kg 12x4) know machines pretty crap but I like my leg day
Bench 80kg (8x3) weak I know, long arms don't help
Dumbell row 26kg (10x4)
Pullups (can do 8 on a good day, used to be able to do 10)

Short term goals (i.e. by the end of summer)

Get down to 85kg (I'm not really a guy who cares so much about weight, but would like a lot of lean body mass, ideally get to 13% or less bf)
Squat 140kg
Bench 90kg
Pullups (10)

Long term goals (i.e. by 2020)

Be able to dunk 2 handed. (can dunk 1 handed on good days, have a 30 inch vertical, would like to increase this to about 33inches)
Bench 110kg
100 pushups
15 pullups
sub 10% bf.

No idea what my weight would be for all of this.

:rofl:

I assume by 12x3 you mean 3 sets of 12 reps and not 12 sets of 3 reps...

Also come on bruh, you should be able to bench at least your own bodyweight.
Short term goals i.e. Within 2018

- Hit a 70kg strict OHP for 3-5 reps. Current PB is 65kg for 2 at 75kg.

-Start squatting again but incooperate more functional training so split Squats + box jumps.

-Incooperate more yoga + bodyweight training (been doing this recently already).

-Increase my bench to around 110kg. I stopped benching because my current gym doesnt have safety pins on the bench so I cant risk pushing myself without a spotter (which is extremely annoying, might need to change gyms tbh).

Long term goals:

Get more efficient at functionality training i.e. L-sits, Static holds, hand stands etc. Plus yoga & structural work/mobility.

Put on more lean mass gradually and get my arms to almost 17s (currently nearly 16s). Currently cutting a few pounds nothing drastic then im going to lean bulk.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by trapking
Short term goals i.e. Within 2018

- Hit a 70kg strict OHP for 3-5 reps. Current PB is 65kg for 2 at 75kg.

-Start squatting again but incooperate more functional training so split Squats + box jumps.

-Incooperate more yoga + bodyweight training (been doing this recently already).

-Increase my bench to around 110kg. I stopped benching because my current gym doesnt have safety pins on the bench so I cant risk pushing myself without a spotter (which is extremely annoying, might need to change gyms tbh).

Long term goals:

Get more efficient at functionality training i.e. L-sits, Static holds, hand stands etc. Plus yoga & structural work/mobility.

Put on more lean mass gradually and get my arms to almost 17s (currently nearly 16s). Currently cutting a few pounds nothing drastic then im going to lean bulk.

That's a nice one actually, a serious long term goal on mine is to be able to do the Manna.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UchihaMadara
GBPF London, Bethnal Green Weightlifting Gym

I might consider taking gear after I have children if required. Wbu? Did you answer your own topic haha

That’s cool, look forward to seeing you put in a performance in video form, it’s a bit far for me.

Ok the gear front I am currently in around the same mental position as I have been my whole training time, ‘maybe one day’. It’s odd though, the longer I leave it, the more I think that I won’t, but then i remind myself that societal views change and by the time we are forty everyone may be on for longevity.

I’ll get to me in good time, I’m working my way through everyone else a couple of posts at a time lol.

Original post by Angry cucumber
- Manage arthritis

I didn’t realise that you had arthritis, how did it get diagnosed? Did it just come on one day symptom wise?

A big rower like yourself will surely get your deadlift back up there when you can get in regularly.
Reply 7975
Original post by trapking
I assume by 12x3 you mean 3 sets of 12 reps and not 12 sets of 3 reps...

Also come on bruh, you should be able to bench at least your own bodyweight.

Yeah 3x12 ofc.

Like I've already mentioned, I'm bottom heavy. As in I used to do 1000 calf raises and 100 squats a day type ****. My wingspan is like 6'4 so it affects my lifts. Still not an excuse, but i'm not balanced for upper body. People usually don't believe I'm 90kg.

I've benched 90 a few times. Just not recently.
Reply 7976
I don't really have lifting goals any more. I want to enjoy it and not get hurt though obviously would like my 100kg bench back though that's not far off and this time will likely be first time doing it whilst under 70kg so feels like a sort of achievement in its own right. I'm considering a bro bulk, I'm all back and legs with a bit of shoulders because I have always trained for strength plus I'm not big so have some fairly easy gains to be made. Though probably just to a bit over 70kg then cut back now a bit so I'm bigger but leaner. BW OHP and 180 (trap bar) deadlift have been my standing items of lifting goals but I don't chase them very hard.

I care much more about taekwondo now but annoyingly I don't have the time right now to put in the work needed to grade for 2nd degree but I'd like to do it around this time next year.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Sae.HH
That's a nice one actually, a serious long term goal on mine is to be able to do the Manna.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Had to YouTube that, that's mad strength. Goals 😱

What are your short term and long term lifting goals @Smack ?
Original post by BKS
I don't really have lifting goals any more. I want to enjoy it and not get hurt though obviously would like my 100kg bench back though that's not far off and this time will likely be first time doing it whilst under 70kg so feels like a sort of achievement in its own right. I'm considering a bro bulk, I'm all back and legs with a bit of shoulders because I have always trained for strength plus I'm not big so have some fairly easy gains to be made. Though probably just to a bit over 70kg then cut back now a bit so I'm bigger but leaner. BW OHP and 180 (trap bar) deadlift have been my standing items of lifting goals but I don't chase them very hard.

I care much more about taekwondo now but annoyingly I don't have the time right now to put in the work needed to grade for 2nd degree but I'd like to do it around this time next year.

Amazing how life moves on eh mate.

I just want to get back at the gym to stop feeling fat lol. I don't have any real strength goals any more. Just wanna bro split the **** out of it and climb.
Good man. With your height (and presumable reasonable pressing given your bench aim) you should get some strongman training if you haven’t already and look at comps.

If I had the funding I would 100% do strongman but I just can’t afford it

Quick Reply

Latest