The Student Room Group

How much do you guys get paid/hour?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by de_monies
Just wondering what sort of wage do people get at McDonalds who are a bit younger perhaps, if you know?

According to the McDonalds jobs wesbite...

£ 4.35 - Age 16-17
£ 5.00 - Age 18-20
£ 6.20 - Age 21+
Reply 21
I'm 17
I get paid £3.75/hour
I work as a part time receptionist at Don Amott Leisure which is a caravan retailer
It's near Derby in the east midlands
Just wondering what sort of wage do people get at McDonalds who are a bit younger perhaps, if you know?

It depends. It usually starts at a bit above minimum wage (this might vary slightly depending which store you work at- i.e. a franchised store or company owned) Then you have a performance review every year and as long as you have been ok- you get a pay rise of 10-15p an hour.
Original post by thatg
According to the McDonalds jobs wesbite...

£ 4.35 - Age 16-17
£ 5.00 - Age 18-20
£ 6.20 - Age 21+

It can actually depend on which store you work at. Those hourly rates may be the case for company owned stores, but franchise owned stores like the one i work at can (and usually do) pay slightly more than that.
I'm 18 and I have 3 jobs

1. Outside Catering as a Waitress
£6.89p/h + tips
1.5-2* pay on big holidays only (eg new years)

2. Care assistant in a nursing home
£6.10 p/h week days
£6.40 p/h weekends
1.5 on bank holidays
2 on christmas and new year

3.General monkey in a carpet shop
£50p/day £40/afternoon
it's fantastic last time I only worked 6.5 hours and watched finding nemo in spanish wrote some essays and only took a few messages and deliveries

I live in south west near wales
Reply 25
I'm 18, but I don't think my job is a classic student job, I teach violin/piano/recorder on a Saturday morning as part of a "music centre" - I get paid £10.26 an hour, which is really good, but it's only during term time which means I can't get more hours during the summer.
Reply 26
work at kumon for £5 an hour
4 hours a week
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by Emma:-)
It can actually depend on which store you work at. Those hourly rates may be the case for company owned stores, but franchise owned stores like the one i work at can (and usually do) pay slightly more than that.

I checked 2 stores, a company owned and franchise although the franchised store hasn't been a franchise very long.
Reply 28
19, Waitrose, £6.60p/h

Posted from TSR Mobile
JD
london
Maccies, 21. I was on £5 but I have no idea how much I'm on now because my birthday was only last week. I assume it'll be NMW so £6.19
Reply 31
I have a placement (unofficially), and I was just wondering how my wages compared with the likes of the supermarkets, fast food places, retail shops etc... (ie: general "student" jobs)

Could you say

How old you are

How much you get paid/hour

What company you work for and

Whereabouts in the country you're working

My only interest here is that I'm being nosy :biggrin:

So what pay are you on lol?
Reply 32
12.74 p/h though it's casual

London for a rail company an I'm 18
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by a729
So what pay are you on lol?

Original post by a729
12.74 p/h though it's casual

London for a rail company an I'm 18

15K/year which I guess works out at £7.21/hour in the south east, for a "professional" placement job. I was seeing how it compared with casual jobs.

£12.74 though that's pretty good! Tbf, eventually it'd be nice to make serious money! :smile:
Reply 34
15K/year which I guess works out at £7.21/hour in the south east, for a "professional" placement job. I was seeing how it compared with casual jobs.

£12.74 though that's pretty good! Tbf, eventually it'd be nice to make serious money! :smile:

I know but they say the hours could be unsociable like 6am ,the training day presentation was the easiest 90 quid I ever earned!

That's pretty good salary you're getting too!

I know ideally I hope to have an income of 1k/year by the time I'm 23!
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm 17
Getting paid £6.56 at Waitrose
Working in South Wales.
I'm 20
I get £50 a day in the lawyers office and I will be getting £8.39 plus bonus with my new company which is student loans.
I live in Glasgow.

I have a placement (unofficially), and I was just wondering how my wages compared with the likes of the supermarkets, fast food places, retail shops etc... (ie: general "student" jobs)

Could you say

How old you are

How much you get paid/hour

What company you work for and

Whereabouts in the country you're working

My only interest here is that I'm being nosy :biggrin:
Reply 37
Next, basic sales assistant
23, london
£6.56 ph plus various bonuses
(edited 10 years ago)
18, £6.25 an hour, SW London, bartender for a regional group of bars