The Student Room Group

I like my boyfriends friend?

My boyfriend and I have been together for a few years now and don't get me wrong I love him very much but I feel like our relationship has gotten boring. When we're okay with each other we don't do much of anything other than just sit around at home all day. When we're arguing its just constant breaking up and then begging for each other back. I'm happy but at the same time im not sure if thats 100% But anyways my boyfriend has this friend who's in the army that I met the same time I met my boyfriend. His friend and I have been texting for only a month or 2 now but we can talk for hours. I've hung out with his friend a few times with my boyfriend of course but we've never hung out alone. His friend tells me things like my boyfriend should be careful because a million guys would be willing to take his spot and things like that. My boyfriend knows I think his friend is attractive and his friend knows I think that as well. We stopped talking for a couple weeks when he left for army training but he randomly texted me the other day and we've been talking since. He asked for a picture of me and I sent him one and his response was you're cut out for this and I asked what he meant and he said Because you are so beautiful so I said thanks and sent him another pic and he complimented me again and then sent me a picture of him without a shirt on and I complimented him as well and sent another pic back and he said "very cute" and I just said thank you and then that was the end of our conversation. This was last night and we havent talked yet today but im confused im not sure if he likes me at all or if he's just saying that and i guess im just needing advice. Thanks!
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend and I have been together for a few years now and don't get me wrong I love him very much but I feel like our relationship has gotten boring. When we're okay with each other we don't do much of anything other than just sit around at home all day. When we're arguing its just constant breaking up and then begging for each other back. I'm happy but at the same time im not sure if thats 100% But anyways my boyfriend has this friend who's in the army that I met the same time I met my boyfriend. His friend and I have been texting for only a month or 2 now but we can talk for hours. I've hung out with his friend a few times with my boyfriend of course but we've never hung out alone. His friend tells me things like my boyfriend should be careful because a million guys would be willing to take his spot and things like that. My boyfriend knows I think his friend is attractive and his friend knows I think that as well. We stopped talking for a couple weeks when he left for army training but he randomly texted me the other day and we've been talking since. He asked for a picture of me and I sent him one and his response was you're cut out for this and I asked what he meant and he said Because you are so beautiful so I said thanks and sent him another pic and he complimented me again and then sent me a picture of him without a shirt on and I complimented him as well and sent another pic back and he said "very cute" and I just said thank you and then that was the end of our conversation. This was last night and we havent talked yet today but im confused im not sure if he likes me at all or if he's just saying that and i guess im just needing advice. Thanks!

Okay so you said you have been together for a few years, which means yes, you are more than likely going to think that the relationship is boring, but all couples who do the same things over and over again will feel this way, just as if you went out with this boy you like, it will eventually get to the same stage, and im not saying all relationships are like this as relationships need to have something in there to spice things up and make it more enjoyable.

Now i would STRONGLY suggest forgetting about this other boy! Completely forget about him, don't text him and just leave him. because 1. its not fair on him that you have a boyfriend and you're doing this as it is leading him on and you having a boyfriend will just get him down, and 2. this is unfaithful to your boyfriend! Just think how he would feel knowing you have been sending pics, even if they are just of your face! Also the fact the knows that you think he is attractive will get him down! Make him paranoid of you cheating and maybe make him emotional. Now in order for you to have a successful relationship you need to forget about this guy!

I know this may sound very harsh but i think you need to here it from somebody else, also from a boy's of view!! YOU ARE BEING UNFAITHFUL AND UNLOYAL

So my advice for the sake of your relationship and yours and his feelings would be to

1. Stop talking to the other guy or talk less, as the more you talk the more you'll like!

2. Try and get closer to your boyfriend to regain that strength and trust

3. Make your relationship more exciting and eventful by maybe doing something that you haven't done before, new hobby or idk take up dancing, blah!

4. Be completely loyal and faithful to the one you love, as if you are not, then you don't deserve them!

I hoped this helped and i didn't been to sound mean or harsh if it did :s-smilie: :smile:
Reply 2
You've been texting a guy for a month alongside your boyfriend? I feel sorry for your boyfriend.

You need to break it off with one of them.
Original post by Anonymous

I think you are being really unfair on your boyfriend, it is obvious you are not happy in the relationship so maybe for the best you should let him go.
Reply 4
A man whose willing to betray a friend; would you really want a man like him? I'm ex-military and I've met men like him. Chances are when he's on deployment or working out of your city, he won't keep his dick in his pants. Look past his looks and look at the man itself.
Reply 5
I expected better from the army kid :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
There are a few separate issues you need to deal with here.
The first is whether you still want to be with your boyfriend. After a number of years it does take effort to keep relationships fun and it's natural for the initial excitement to become a more comfortable companionship. This is, however, a different thing to a relationship having run its course for you and you no longer wanting to be in it. If you don't want to be with him anymore then you owe it to your boyfriend to break up with him rather than stay together out of habit or a sense of obligation.
Second, if you are staying with your boyfriend then you need to stop texting his friend. You clearly realise that the two of you are flirting and we all know that just because you haven't kissed or physically cheated that this doesn't mean what you are doing is ok. How would you feel if your boyfriend had been exchanging the same messages and pictures with one of your friends?
Third, if you do end things with your current boyfriend and you like his friend, would it really be wise to pursue something? It would be hurtful to your boyfriend (ex as he would be in this scenario) and do you really want a relationship with a man who is so comfortable in betraying his friends? Can you cope with the way your current boyfriend would react? Can you deal with the way friends and family might react? If you really would feel ok about all of that, then that's fine for you but don't underestimate those issues. Most people won't see you in a good light if you go down this road and you need to be prepared to be seen as the bad guy for getting with your boyfriend's friend even if you ended things first.
Ultimately, only you know what you want and you have to make these choices for yourself but unless you want to get yourself into a horrible mess then the one really clear thing is that you have to make a choice and stick to it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending