The Student Room Group

Can't get into my online account with student finance

Hi there -

I was a student A LONG time ago (1996) and applied for, received and paid back my student finance.

I've decided to go back to university to do a PGCE and again, I will need to apply for student finance.

The problem is that I've tried to gain access to my student finance account online but I am not able to get into my online profile. I type in all the information that is requested on the online request form (for those who have forgotten their passwords), however, its says I need to call your very expensive customer service line. I've tried to create a new profile and a pop up says - you can't create a new profile because you already have a profile and again recommends I call up your 0845 number.

I have called up student finance SO MANY times and emailed to try and get my log-in details but they say that because I can not provide a telephone number (which I no doubt provided 18 years ago) they can not give me access to my online account - everything else I have given them is accurate. I find it hard to believe that I've given the wrong telephone number because it would have been my parents number at 18 years old, which hasn't changed...

I'm inclined to believe that because my profile is so old and does not have an email address associated with it (I didn't have one in 1999!) that customer service is struggling to figure out what to do with my account...

I've also been told that I need to apply as a NEW student even though I've received student financing before and will be a returning student/Post Graduate.

Please help me learn how to get access to my account! This is really confusing and unfortunately calling up the student finance line really hasn't been of much use.

Thank you
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending