The Student Room Group

what uni entry requirements should i be looking at? help

I attained ABC at AS (Retaking the C), and my predicted grades are AAB
i am having a bit of trouble deciding what uni's and with what requirements to consider and choose. (I am doing Law/Law and Criminology)

My first choice will be Southampton which i need AAA (risky i know), and i like Portsmouth which is more of a safe choice most likely 4th/5th choice with 300 points/BBB.
However i am stuck at what uni's i should look at for my 2nd/3rd/4th choice, should i look at another BBB requirement uni as a 5th? or should i look at higher requirements?
Whats anyones opinions on for 2nd choice AAB, then 3rd ABB???
Can someone give me realistic uni requirements based on my predictions and grade (i think i am capable of AAA but obvs that optimism)
if anyone can give me some advice would be good :smile:
Law is hugely competitive at top end Unis, but one 'risky' choice would be fine (just remember any offer would be AAA, can you realistically achieve this - if not why are you applying?).

The usual advice is to have one 'risky' choice, three at your predicted grades, and one well below that as a safety choice (and potential Insurance). You want to end up with enough offers so that you have a choice for your Firm/Insurance - and that those are then realistic enough to avoid missing both of them.

www.whatuni.com lists courses by grades required - and you can adjust the filters to give you specifically 'ABB' possibilities etc. Useful.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending