The Student Room Group

All I know is I want to go to university!..

I'm 22 years old and have found myself increasingly interested in the prospect of starting university next September but I'm worried I've left it too late in the year. There's so much that I haven't figured out at this point; things as simple as where to go and what to study, all the way up to how the application process works and what sort of accommodation I should look to attain as a 'mature' student.

My problem is based off of the fact that I've allowed my life to become too stagnant as, aside from a few months spent backpacking in 2012, I've basically spent the last 5 years working in a supermarket. As I have no interest in working my way up, I feel like I need a clean break, new surroundings and something to push myself towards.

I finished college with the A-Level grades BCD (Media, Business and ICT) after not using my time productively - I'm better than those grades and for the first time in my life, I'm truly willing to put in the effort to prove that.

All I know so far is that I'd like to move away from home (Bristol) and start studying for some sort of business degree but I was wondering if anyone has any advice as far as specific unis (particularly ones that are good for mature students) or business courses they would recommend for someone with my grades?

Additionally, what sort of accommodation would you recommend - is private housing the best way to go for someone that sees themselves as being past the constant drinking stage or should I just bite the bullet and try living in halls?

Sorry for the life story but any advice would be massively appreciated!
Reply 1
It is worth researching unis who will accept your grades that you have got. It is time consuming, but you need to put the effort in if you truly want to go to university. I may be wrong, but London Met might accept you with the grades you have got - but again, have a look and see what it says - whatuni
Reply 2
Tbh I wouldn't recommend going to Uni with those grades, I would do an access course and get better grades so that you can get into good universities.
Reply 3
Hm a business degree wiht no maths economics well I guess all the top uni are out so move on to middle uni

media (honestly counts for VErRY little )

business ( c) not that good really but could be used as a starting point

so your best bet would be retaking or work shadowing I'm not trying to offend you just telling you that it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to get to uni with such weak grades and subjects but experience could count

also so what unis are you looking at don't bother with Oxbridge or lse my cousin goes to lse and tells me without straight a not point applying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending