The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What you should have done is not left it until now to lose weight and started months ago. With a moderate deficit you could lose that easily over a few months. Also these diets you're talking about aren't sustainable and you will just gain the weight back when you stop it, you're losing water not fat. Work out how many calories you need to eat each day to keep the same weight, then eat ~500 less.

NB: I'm not saying that if you lose weight you will gain it back.
Yes if you step on a landmine. I hear Bosnia and the falklands are nice this time of year xx
LOL. Some people never fail to amaze me with their stupidity.

Original post by Kate_555
As I have said, I am not worried if it get's put on very soon after, as I need to loose as much as I can for just one particular day even if it's water loss.

So you are saying you can have a few months of an unhealthy lifestyle and gain two stone but want to lose it in only a week? World doesn't work that way:rolleyes:

If I asked on here I want a high paying job in finance but can't be bothered with a 3 year degree-can I do it in 1 semester? I would be branded a lazy fool. Same applies here as harsh as it sounds-my first impression is that this is someone who is just too lazy and wants a quick fix solution. "Lose it even for a day, even if it is water loss". Yeah-looks matter to you more than your health evidently. Harsh but true.
as a geologist I can assure you this is certainly possible
No. You can't healthily lose more than 2-3lbs in a week, let alone 2 stone. Be realistic and lose the weight gradually and healthily. No fad diets.
Original post by Kate_555
Well for everyone being negative, just found this. And all the comments seem to be great responses so, I shall try! I'm only size 12, but want to get in shape quick for something. http://www.jaduncan.com/2006/04/how-i-lost-stone-in-week.html

I hope to goodness you get this quote, because you need someone to tell you not to do something so bloody stupid.

In what world would you think it was healthy to lose so much weight in such a short space of time?

And you say you don't care if it goes back on afterwards? What's the point then.

Whatever say you're working towards isn't worth sacrificing your health for. You won't even enjoy it.

You're a size 12 which means you can't possibly be that overweight anyway.

If you want to lose weight, do it slowly and properly.

Enough of this dangerous rubbish.
The past 4 days or so I've lost a stone, not trying at all, but I suppose that's just me being weird as my weight fluctuates a lot.
Original post by StarvingAutist
The past 4 days or so I've lost a stone, not trying at all, but I suppose that's just me being weird as my weight fluctuates a lot.

Your username is "StarvingAutist"-losing a stone in 4 days certainly fits that bill.
Original post by Mourinho<3
Your username is "StarvingAutist"-losing a stone in 4 days certainly fits that bill.

Astute observation. :tongue:
Food poisoning :unimpressed:

Had it for a week and literally turned into skin and bone.

But seriously, it's not a good idea to lose that much weight so quickly.
Lipo will work. Either that of cut off one of your limbs.
Why don't you try and make more of a lifestyle change than trying to shed a probably impossible amount of weight in that time frame - look at clean eating and aim to get your heart rate up once a day, if only for twenty or so minutes - everyone can find twenty minutes in their day :smile:

Losing that amount of weight that quickly is not healthy and it certainly won't stay off permanently.
U wasn’t losing much weight because u was starving urself Ur body will just hold on to ur fat and burn little muscle instead.
Original post by Scott Ba
U wasn’t losing much weight because u was starving urself Ur body will just hold on to ur fat and burn little muscle instead.

Firstly its a 6 year old thread, secondly that information is wrong.

Latest