The Student Room Group

How to console a female friend who has been rejected?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by kath_igidbashian
Just like when you see kittens being drowned, aren't you a sweetie... :rolleyes:

It's not nice for anyone, have a little bit of compassion, you don't need to be so bitter.

I've not once heard a woman ever show compassion for a man who has been rejected, compassion is not even on the agenda in this situation so to expect it returned is a bit rich, especially considering which sex deals with it the most.
Reply 21
Original post by Jebedee
I've not once heard a woman ever show compassion for a man who has been rejected, compassion is not even on the agenda in this situation so to expect it returned is a bit rich, especially considering which sex deals with it the most.

That's not true in all cases. If my brothers or male friends are ever rejected I'm just as compassionate. However most of the time, they don't want to talk about it as much whereas women are more vocal. I always let them know I'm there to talk about it though.
Original post by Jebedee

I'm not talking about the girl who rejects the man but any of his female friends. It's part of being a good friend...
I'm sure it becomes easier to deal with rejection as the time goes by, especially if it's just trying to pull a girl in a club but if it's your first time for a man or woman, it's gotta hurt, unless you're some arrogant arse.
Reply 23
I'm not talking about the girl who rejects the man but any of his female friends. It's part of being a good friend...
I'm sure it becomes easier to deal with rejection as the time goes by, especially if it's just trying to pull a girl in a club but if it's your first time for a man or woman, it's gotta hurt, unless you're some arrogant arse.

You'll find a woman's first rejection will be somewhere along the lines of receiving a direct response, having a snuffle and a bit of a munch in front of Bridget Jones for a night.

A man's is more in line with being dragged through the mud, lied to and led on.
Original post by Jebedee
You'll find a woman's first rejection will be somewhere along the lines of receiving a direct response, having a snuffle and a bit of a munch in front of Bridget Jones for a night.

A man's is more in line with being dragged through the mud, lied to and led on.

Wait, so you're saying that girls can't be led on? Well this completely reevaluates my take on dating...
Guys might generally be more direct but they're more likely to lead a girl on so they can have sex then just ditch her feeling used and abused.

Well either way no one wants to be humiliated.
Reply 25
Wait, so you're saying that girls can't be led on? Well this completely reevaluates my take on dating...
Guys might generally be more direct but they're more likely to lead a girl on so they can have sex then just ditch her feeling used and abused.

Well either way no one wants to be humiliated.

I doubt these guys will be under any illusions about their acts though, women will still proclaim to be holier than thou throughout. I think most misogyny comes as a reaction from cruel rejections so I guess it works both ways.
Reply 26
I think girls get blown out pretty regularly too, and it is just as painfull. Maybe they put their head above the parapet a bit less than guys and maybe they are a bit less foolish in flogging dead horses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending