The Student Room Group

My first love is happy and in love with the girl he cheated on me with.

I feel so broken and second best. How can people build a relationship that started on such lies? Also, how can he be so happy with somebody he broke my heart for? I'd feel so guilty. I don't know, perhaps that's just me. I was just wondering if anybody is going through the same thing.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I feel so broken and second best. How can people build a relationship that started on such lies? Also, how can he be so happy with somebody he broke my heart for? I'd feel so guilty. I don't know, perhaps that's just me. I was just wondering if anybody is going through the same thing.

Happens. I've recently found out that my ex is with the lad she cheated on me with and is happy. I've been over it for a while though. Helps that I'm having the time of my life in my gap year and have a great casual thing going with a girl at work.

It sucks, but it'll go away with time. Don't let that cheating scumbag get you down, he'll probably do the same to her anyway. Best to work through your anger/grief in ways that you'll improve yourself, and then when you're ready you'll find someone better. I have, and I'm happy enough. If anyone has regrets, its her, not me. Take it easy on yourself, don't over think it...its not worth getting riled up over a fella who'd cheat on you and clearly isn't a very considerate person.

How do you know he cheated?Maybe he thought about it and left you for her but didn't cheat
Reply 3
I would be happier knowing that I was left for someone who could be his soulmate, someone he is in love and happy with, rather than someone he had a quick fling with and then moved on. Makes it seem more real and solid and not just like he left you for something insignificant.
Reply 4
I did go through this, and I was heart broken. My boyfriend of two years just decided another girl made him happier, and I broke up with him because of how **** he treated me. Just because I finished him though, doesn't mean I wasn't heartbroken. I was a mess, I didn't eat, sleep and all I did was cry.
Unfortunately, whilst still dealing with the breakup, I lost a close friend of mine in a car accident, someone who I cried to and understood how I felt due to him going through the same thing with his ex. I'd never felt so alone
However, although all the circumstances were really ****, I got closer to all of my high school friends again, and I started talking to a boy from my high school.. Things started looking up. This new boy puts me first, treats me with respect and like a princess and I've never been so happy.. Not even when I was with my ex. You have to think that everything has happened for a reason, and of they're happy. Let them be, but you need to hold your head up because you'll find happiness again, more than likely some who makes you happier than your ex. At the end of the day your ex will do the same to this new person as he did to you. Time changes but people don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
He obviously wasn't the right guy for you. If he found someone who is right for him, it's obviously upsetting but just think that you will find someone like that for you one day.

pm if you want because I know the feeling too well
Original post by LolaLowe
I would be happier knowing that I was left for someone who could be his soulmate, someone he is in love and happy with, rather than someone he had a quick fling with and then moved on. Makes it seem more real and solid and not just like he left you for something insignificant.

Wise words.

Then again, it's hard not to feel devalued like you've been left for an upgrade. I can be happy for the ex, but would resent the guy who replaced me.
Reply 8
Original post by elpistolero7
Happens. I've recently found out that my ex is with the lad she cheated on me with and is happy. I've been over it for a while though. Helps that I'm having the time of my life in my gap year and have a great casual thing going with a girl at work.

It sucks, but it'll go away with time. Don't let that cheating scumbag get you down, he'll probably do the same to her anyway. Best to work through your anger/grief in ways that you'll improve yourself, and then when you're ready you'll find someone better. I have, and I'm happy enough. If anyone has regrets, its her, not me. Take it easy on yourself, don't over think it...its not worth getting riled up over a fella who'd cheat on you and clearly isn't a very considerate person.

I'm sorry to hear. I'll never understand people, if I slept with a guy who had a girlfriend at the time, I would have walked straight away because how can you build a relationship on lies and betrayal? It just annoys me that he has cheated on previous girls and myself now and always ends up happy whilst crushing others. People suck x
Reply 9
Original post by RoyalMarine
How do you know he cheated?Maybe he thought about it and left you for her but didn't cheat

He told me and cried telling me how he had messed up.
Reply 10
Original post by joker12345
He obviously wasn't the right guy for you. If he found someone who is right for him, it's obviously upsetting but just think that you will find someone like that for you one day.

I don't get it though. He claimed I was the one and how he'd never felt like this before, said I was the first person he'd ever want to spend a future with. Just weird.
Reply 11
Original post by Doppelgänger
Wise words.

Then again, it's hard not to feel devalued like you've been left for an upgrade. I can be happy for the ex, but would resent the guy who replaced me.

She definitely isn't an upgrade, she opened her legs willingly whilst a guy was in a relationship, she should have made him wait and told him to get out of the relationship first before sleeping with the dude.
OP, believe me when I say that he's done you a favour.

Don't envy her, feel sorry for her.

You'll be fine, this hurt won't last forever and the experience will only make you stronger.

Many people have experienced the same/similar thing.
Reply 13
Original post by LolaLowe

How could you be happy for somebody who cheated? I'd be so much more happier for him if we weren't together and he met her.
Reply 14
Original post by Vikki1805
OP, believe me when I say that he's done you a favour.

Don't envy her, feel sorry for her.

You'll be fine, this hurt won't last forever and the experience will only make you stronger.

Many people have experienced the same/similar thing.

Why should I feel sorry for her?x
Why should I feel sorry for her?x

He cheated on you with her, she's likely to spend most of her days paranoid that he will do the same thing to her.

Most likely outcome?

He will.

You had a lucky escape from the sounds of it.
I'm sorry to hear. I'll never understand people, if I slept with a guy who had a girlfriend at the time, I would have walked straight away because how can you build a relationship on lies and betrayal? It just annoys me that he has cheated on previous girls and myself now and always ends up happy whilst crushing others. People suck x

If I slept with a guy who had a girlfriend, I was completely in love with him and he said he felt the same and left her for me then why on earth would I walk away? The lies and betrayal isn't what their relationship is built on, it's what he did to yours.
You seem to be directing your anger at her rather than him, he was the one who betrayed you.
OP that happened to me. It's not good but you'll get used to it. The pain will go in time. And trust me on this, somehow deep down, your ex will feel some guilt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
He told me and cried telling me how he had messed up.

My ex did the exact same. That's just taking the piss isnt' it. You **** up, then you cry. My ex tried to emotionally guilt trip me into a second chance as well, the amazing person that she is. Ho-hum, people can suck sometimes as you said. Don't waste time thinking about worthless people who've hurt you for no reason.
She definitely isn't an upgrade, she opened her legs willingly whilst a guy was in a relationship, she should have made him wait and told him to get out of the relationship first before sleeping with the dude.

For sure I agree that her actions were indecent, but we don't live in an ideal world. She had her best interests at heart and so be it. Fact of the matter is she did what she felt she had to in order to get her man (i.e. your ex) and unfortunately/ultimately you've been downgraded imho. **** happens!
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending