The Student Room Group

How to lose weight from face?

Such a weird question, I know. But it's a question nonetheless. :colondollar:

I have a skinny body but I gained a lot of weight when I was younger (GCSE age) so I have... residual (???) chubbiness on my face. It looks quite out of place and hides my bones. Seriously. People are surprised to hear I've got cheekbones under there. (ok that was a joke)

Any advice?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Apparently when you lose weight, the first place it comes off is your face. Just try excercising
Reply 2
Weight loss happens in different orders for different people, but there is no way to localise fat loss. If you wanted to lose weight in your face, you would have to go through normal weight loss programmes until you get the desired effect.
Reply 3
Original post by liomeeringca
Such a weird question, I know. But it's a question nonetheless. :colondollar:

I have a skinny body but I gained a lot of weight when I was younger (GCSE age) so I have... residual (???) chubbiness on my face. It looks quite out of place and hides my bones. Seriously. People are surprised to hear I've got cheekbones under there. (ok that was a joke)

Any advice?

You can't. You can go on a diet, and lose weight all over, if you have anything to lose. If not, maybe you are bloated? Do you drink, do you eat a lot of salty food? Try to stop drinking, and decrease the salt intake. Some advice face exercises, I am not sure if they help. And, as the last resort - plastic surgery.
Reply 4
Original post by AR_95
Apparently when you lose weight, the first place it comes off is your face. Just try excercising

Really?! I've been exercising! D: Oh well.

Exercising is not the requirement. Fat loss is. You can exercise all day and not lose fat (you might even gain some with enough calories).

Sucks for you if you already have a skinny body but need to lose more fat to lose it from your face. I have to get pretty lean as well for my face to chance shape a lot- getting under 12% bf makes a big difference to my face.
These "How can I lose fat from this area" questions get asked far too regularly. There should be a feature implemented which opens a page the first time you enter the fitness forums on an account, giving information on how fat loss cannot be localised and you have to click a button to say you acknowledge this information, before you can post on the fitness forum.
Reply 7
Shake your face about to lose the calories on your face. Put water bottle on top of your face then lift when lying down. EKOJ.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Cut down on carbs, alcohol, eat healthier and exercise more.

My face is fairly well chiseled tbh but would be even more so if I cut down on alcohol a lot. I have a tiny bit on my cheeks which I need to get rid of....one month off the booze would sort it. It would just be a horribly boring month for something no one else would even care about.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by ThePoster
Weight loss happens in different orders for different people, but there is no way to localise fat loss. If you wanted to lose weight in your face, you would have to go through normal weight loss programmes until you get the desired effect.

I see. Oh well then. I'm sure it won't dramatically affect my life in any way, just a passing wonder. Thank you for your response! :smile:
Reply 10
I see. Oh well then. I'm sure it won't dramatically affect my life in any way, just a passing wonder. Thank you for your response! :smile:

No problem, I'm sure your face is lovely either way.
Original post by namename
You can't. You can go on a diet, and lose weight all over, if you have anything to lose. If not, maybe you are bloated? Do you drink, do you eat a lot of salty food? Try to stop drinking, and decrease the salt intake. Some advice face exercises, I am not sure if they help. And, as the last resort - plastic surgery.

If I lose weight again, I would look a little concerning, :smile: And I do neither, and I'll start a plastic surgery fund. :___) I'm sure being baby-faced won't impact my life negatively in the long run, and thank you for your reply!

Original post by In One Ear
Exercising is not the requirement. Fat loss is. You can exercise all day and not lose fat (you might even gain some with enough calories).

Sucks for you if you already have a skinny body but need to lose more fat to lose it from your face. I have to get pretty lean as well for my face to chance shape a lot- getting under 12% bf makes a big difference to my face.

Original post by Mr_Sinister
Cut down on carbs, alcohol, eat healthier and exercise more.

My face is fairly well chiseled tbh but would be even more so if I cut down on alcohol a lot. I have a tiny bit on my cheeks which I need to get rid of....one month off the booze would sort it. It would just be a horribly boring month for something no one else would even care about.

Thank you for your responses, I think the answer is that I can't really do anything about it - if I lose weight again my body would look a lot worse and I might possibly lose some chub from my cheeks, no guarantees. Ah well. I'm sure it won't impact job opportunities too much :___)
Original post by Sfink
Drink pure chimp super tea, it boosts metabolism well.

Oh my gosh, I saw this and I was like '... really. chimp tea.' and then I thought to google it and what do you know, it's a real thing! And not made of chimp! :colondollar:

Sounds wondrous, I've bookmarked it. Thank you for your reply! :smile:
Original post by qr95
Shake your face about to lose the calories on your face. Put water bottle on top of your face then lift when lying down. EKOJ.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I've looked around and apparently doing weightlifting with your eyebrows helps as well. :smile:
Original post by ThePoster
No problem, I'm sure your face is lovely either way.

Haha, thank you!
Reply 15

Thank you for your responses, I think the answer is that I can't really do anything about it :___)
Yes, something like this. Everybody has a problem area - it's an area where your body stores fat. If you lose weight, your problem area is the last to go. Thus, we have thin people with bellies, for example, or very thin people with saddle bags. Also, your problem area is the first to gain weight. If you starve yourself to be a skeleton, you will have thin face. If you start eating normally, your face will be the first area to gain fat/weight back! You can google facial exercises, I don't believe in them, but some people say that they help. Also, I once knew a girl with fat cheeks, so she signed it with a masseuse and had facial massage. The masseuse practically slapped her cheeks, and they did become thinner. Once she stopped going to the masseuse, the cheeks went back to fat again. It's kismet.
Original post by namename
Yes, something like this. Everybody has a problem area - it's an area where your body stores fat. If you lose weight, your problem area is the last to go. Thus, we have thin people with bellies, for example, or very thin people with saddle bags. Also, your problem area is the first to gain weight. If you starve yourself to be a skeleton, you will have thin face. If you start eating normally, your face will be the first area to gain fat/weight back! You can google facial exercises, I don't believe in them, but some people say that they help. Also, I once knew a girl with fat cheeks, so she signed it with a masseuse and had facial massage. The masseuse practically slapped her cheeks, and they did become thinner. Once she stopped going to the masseuse, the cheeks went back to fat again. It's kismet.

Hmm, interesting, thank you for the advice. I could save on the masseuse being by very insulting to people and hoping that they slap me in the face. :___)
Reply 17
Hmm, interesting, thank you for the advice. I could save on the masseuse being by very insulting to people and hoping that they slap me in the face. :___)
You'll have to try really hard, because it needs to be done repeatedly during about ten minutes or so.
Reply 18
Thank you! I've looked around and apparently doing weightlifting with your eyebrows helps as well. :smile:

You do know I was joking and I assume you are aswell.
Original post by qr95

Posted from TSR Mobile

hehe

try massaging your face

do smiles 3x10 and frowns to failure

add weight if you can

Quick Reply

Latest