The Student Room Group

I hate it when a person says to someone '' go to hell ''

I hate it when I hear people say to each other, things like, '' go to hell'' or '' I wish you rot in hell''

As a Christian the word Hell fills me with dread and no man should ever go there , we can be saved through Jesus.

nobody has the right to say such an evil thing to another person
Reply 1
Most people, me included, don't really believe in hell, making this just a phrase and nothing else.
Reply 2
its cool if i did something wrong, i would probably fit in more down in hell, id be one of the devil boys, its not like gods going to be like, "hey man youve been such a good boy here is a prostitute and kilo of cocaine go knock yourself out" i think me and the devil may get on you see.
Reply 3
It's just a phrase, as most people don't believe in an actual hell.
Original post by Lee Nightingale
I hate it when I hear people say to each other, things like, '' go to hell'' or '' I wish you rot in hell''

As a Christian the word Hell fills me with dread and no man should ever go there , we can be saved through Jesus.

I'm sorry, but aren't you the guy who doesn't want to give his friend a kidney, after you promised?

What kind of a christian doesn't help his own friend after he's promised? You're offended by the phrase "go to hell," well I'm offended by your inability to be compassionate and help another person after promising. Nobody has the right to do such an evil thing to another person and not tell him to his face.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by stephanieuwa
I'm sorry, but aren't you the guy who doesn't want to give his friend a kidney, after you promised?

What kind of a christian doesn't help his own friend after he's promised? You're offended by the phrase "go to hell," well I'm offended by your inability to be compassionate and help another person after promising. Nobody has the right to do such an evil thing to another person and not tell him to his face.

You beat me to it xD
Reply 6
I haven't heard someone say that since the 90s :P
Original post by suzylemonade
You beat me to it xD

This guy is ridiculous. I hope he's trolling
As someone who is fairly religious i hate it when people say that also. If someone doesn't believe in Hell then why would they use the phrase in the first place :s-smilie:
Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~
As someone who is fairly religious i hate it when people say that also. If someone doesn't believe in Hell then why would they use the phrase in the first place :s-smilie:

Original post by Lee Nightingale

Because of that exact fact.
We're not actually hoping the person is eternally dammed.
Its just a phrase.

This is the stupidest thread ever.
Original post by lipslikemorphine
Because of that exact fact.
We're not actually hoping the person is eternally dammed.
Its just a phrase.

This is the stupidest thread ever.

Fair enough if people think it's ok to say as a phrase to express their anger, just saying personally i wouldn't use it as I don't exactly believe in a Hell either but wouldn't use the phrase as it's a bit too far in my opinion. But each to their own i guess :^_^:
Original post by stephanieuwa

This!!!

and so many threads???

Troll??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending