The Student Room Group

Applying for second time

Hi,

I started a degree few years back, but decided to leave it before graduating (I finished my second year). I was wondering if I return to the university (either to finish off the degree or start a new one) would I still be eligible for Student Finance tuition fees loan.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi mjk92,

If you plan to study a new degree or continue with the same degree you are entitled to funding for the length of your new course plus a gift year then we subtract any of your previous study.

So a new undergraduate course is normally 3 years in length
so 3 years + 1 gift year - 2 years of previous study, would give you 2 years of full funding for your new course.
This funding would be reserved for years 2 and 3 of your new course so that in your first year you would only be entitled to a maintenance loan and would have to self fund your course fees.

However if you left you previous course due to medical or compelling personal reasons you can provide evidence of this and Student finance England will take this into consideration and may award you a gift year of support giving you 3 years of full funding.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending