The Student Room Group

transfer deadline?????

hey guys

really want to transfer to another university
currently study economics in bristol but really dont like it.
I want to transfer to UCL for a different course and I understand I'll have to start from year one. My grades were higher than what the course ask for.

However they said they are not able to accept me due to deadline of the UCAS application.
I was so shocked and blamed myself why didn't I take action earlier.

So... is there any other ways to transfer? Do I really have to take a gap year and waste like two years? PLEASE HELP!!!!
Original post by tp6cl4
hey guys

really want to transfer to another university
currently study economics in bristol but really dont like it.
I want to transfer to UCL for a different course and I understand I'll have to start from year one. My grades were higher than what the course ask for.

However they said they are not able to accept me due to deadline of the UCAS application.
I was so shocked and blamed myself why didn't I take action earlier.

So... is there any other ways to transfer? Do I really have to take a gap year and waste like two years? PLEASE HELP!!!!

For entry into Yr 1 many universities will only consider you alongside standard UCAS applications. It sounds like that is the case for UCL for your course and that they are not looking to fill places on that course through late applications, clearing or adjustment.

While it is *possible* to transfer at this stage that is entirely up to the university concerned and whether they have the space to take you. If they're saying no then that is the situation.

It might be worth contacting them again on results day (14th August) to check whether the situation has changed but it is unlikely.

I'm afraid unless you're willing to look elsewhere and apply to transfer to a university that does have space then you will be best off taking a gap year and applying with the other applicants for 2015 entry.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
For entry into Yr 1 many universities will only consider you alongside standard UCAS applications. It sounds like that is the case for UCL for your course and that they are not looking to fill places on that course through late applications, clearing or adjustment.

While it is *possible* to transfer at this stage that is entirely up to the university concerned and whether they have the space to take you. If they're saying no then that is the situation.

It might be worth contacting them again on results day (14th August) to check whether the situation has changed but it is unlikely.

I'm afraid unless you're willing to look elsewhere and apply to transfer to a university that does have space then you will be best off taking a gap year and applying with the other applicants for 2015 entry.

hey thanks. i'll email them about it.
Has anyone done this before? transfer after result day?
Why did I click on this expecting it to be about transfer deadline day?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending