The Student Room Group

Tuition Fee problem

Very quick run through the issue.

Started Uni in Liverpool september 2011, was ill and hospitalised december/january and the uni was very helpful, worked with me and allowed me to pick up where i left off the follwoing september (effectively repeating the year).
How this worked was the tuition was paid for the first half of the year (2011-12) then they took the second payment for the remaining half of the year (2012-13).

So in total one years tuition paid over 2 years.

I have evidence of these payments and SFE acknowledge this. SFE also consider this 2 years tuition because their rules are such that tuition fees paid in academic years count as a years tuition paid.

Transfered to a Manchester Uni (as the areas of Engineering specialties were preferable compared to those in Liverpool) and continued with my course.

I completed the foundation in Liverpool, first year degree in Manchester.

SFE wont pay for last years tuition (my first year in Manchester) for the reason above (that 2 years tuition had already been paid although it amounts to one years tuition).

So, speaking on phone to SFE I have been advised to

Put forward an appeal (explaining the medical reasons for my sabatical of sorts)

Write requesting an extra year (explaining the medical reasons for my sabatical of sorts)

Submit a new student finance application (and then be charged the higher rate fees)

Write requesting a review of the information they have already had (specific the medical reasons with the proof) when they permitted the suspension of the year jan 2011

So many different case handlers, so many conflicting pieces of "advice", time is ticking and I have been written to by the University threatening bailiffs and debt handlers as well as being dismissed as a student and cut off from the University resources.

I am at my wits end, this nightmare has gone on too long and I cannot soldier through this persecution any further. Whats my next move to remedy this issue?

Cheers.
Hello

We award Tuition Fees for the duration of a course, plus one additional academic year if required. Based on the information you have provided, we would class you as receiving Tuition Fee support for two academic years while studying in Liverpool.

Based on your circumstances, you are welcome to provide evidence of you extending your Liverpool studies due to illness. Upon receipt of this evidence, we will aim to review your Manchester University assessment as soon as possible.

This evidence should be sent to the following address:

Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

If you require any further assistance, please reply to this thread or call us on 0300 100 0607.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending