The Student Room Group

SFE appears to not be honouring reset to zero after illness

Hi, during academic year 2012-13, illness interrupted my course and I suspended studies to return 2013-14. SFE told me on the phone my "counter" for the purpose of providing me finance for the full duration of the course + 1 year had been reset to zero - meaning that I could start afresh in 2013-14, and have some leeway should my illness continue.

I returned to study, had more problems but stuck at it. It still turned out that I have to repeat the first year, and since having doubts that I could do this some time back, I became determined that I would get through the course no matter what.

Having applied for 2014-15 some months ago, finance was approved a few weeks ago. But, this morning, an email came saying that it has come to their attention that I am re-applying for the first year for a second time, and I am not eligible for fee support or my special care grant. Maintenance loan is fine. I have written back telling them that they reset me to zero for the 2013-14 year, and that I understood this would mean I can receive support for the full course + 1 year in case of any illness or special circumstances which is what I was told. The +1 year being this year. Other than them not having it on record that I was reset to zero, I can't understand how this could have happened.

Thanks for any help
Reply 1
It's ok they have reassessed and I'm now able to get support.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending