The Student Room Group

Things to do with my boyfriend?

Me and my boyfriend are trying to save money at the moment so we are going to stay in for a while. But I'm sick of being stuck in front of the tv and having movie marathons. Can anyone give any suggestions on what we can do that doesn't involve tv, or sex?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Exercise
Learn to cook (affordable stuff)
Clean the house
Clean my room
Go for a walk?
Take up a cheap hobby together?
Go out for a coffee (pretty cheap)
Reply 3
Board games, walking, join voluntary organisation together, listen to music. Whats wrong with sex btw? a good persuit.
Reply 4
Original post by Zarek
Board games, walking, join voluntary organisation together, listen to music. Whats wrong with sex btw? a good persuit.

I love having sex with him. But I'm not a mindless sex robot who is able to have sex 24/7. I do need intellectual/other stimulation.
Original post by Ahava
I love having sex with him. But I'm not a mindless sex robot who is able to have sex 24/7. I do need intellectual/other stimulation.

Anything you have in common other than watching tv?
Reply 6
Go for walks, go to town, visit places etc.
Reply 7
Go for a walk, play board games/cards, tidy up the house, look for free attractions and museums to visit in your local area.

Me and my bf recently had to all these sort of things as our laptops broke and had no choice but to stead away from technology for a while lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Ahava

Fair point
Reply 9
Old bookshops - browse through many titles that each of you are interested in, and assuming you two like intellectual pursuits, you'll soon find yourself in an enjoyable conversation that doesn't necessarily involve sex.
lol at going for a walk.
Cant be going for a walk in winter.
I would say order a few dvds or if you want a cheaper option get a boxset and stay in together all weekend.
get some alcohol,pizzas etc etc.
Reply 11
Original post by Ahava
Me and my boyfriend are trying to save money at the moment so we are going to stay in for a while. But I'm sick of being stuck in front of the tv and having movie marathons. Can anyone give any suggestions on what we can do that doesn't involve tv, or sex?

Work more hours so you can have money so you can get out the house. Lack of money = lack of enjoyment, so of course you will feel sick of saving after a while.
Original post by matthewduncan
lol at going for a walk.

Can't you? Don't your legs work in the winter or something :rolleyes:
Original post by matthewduncan
lol at going for a walk.
I would say order a few dvds or if you want a cheaper option get a boxset and stay in together all weekend.
get some alcohol,pizzas etc etc.

Nothing wrong with going for a walk in winter.

Alcohol and pizzas aren't particularly cheap. Unless you buy cheap stuff, which is generally a bit disappointing. Either way, not something you could do a lot without becoming poor and unhealthy.

Perhaps most importantly, OP said she was sick of sitting in front of the TV doing movie marathons, so 'boxset' doesn't seem like the best solution.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ahava

Learn to cook interesting food together. You'll have fun, spend quality time, eat well and probably save money in the process.
Reply 15
Ignore them
Original post by Ahava

What interests you? What interests your boyfriend? Learning to cook is great if you would enjoy it, but It would be better to do something you're passionate about and enjoy doing.

I also would plan any walks you go for if trying to save money as in my experience an unplanned walk always leads to spur of the moment purchases. Don't go walking around a mall willy nilly. We have enough couples doing that around here lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
My girlfriend and I occasionally read to one another, we pick a book and take turns. It's really quite relaxing and it's really cute when she falls asleep as I'm reading.
Reply 18
Get married :tongue:
Boardgames, although not Monopoly or Scrabble, the two destroyers of relationships.
You could go on scavenger hunts. Find some free museums to go to. Bake some cakes/cookies. Get in some Play Doh or clay and go crazy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending