The Student Room Group

fatty m8...how can i stop her eating?

i have a serious problem....ma mate can't stop eating seriously fry up for brekie mc donalds for lunch n takeaway for dinner...in amongst unhelthy snaks(god i feel l;ike gillian mckeith) but no being more serious she wear clothes which protrude her stomach it is rather disgustin it looks likes she preggers...moreover when she wears skirts she gets the rong kinda attention frm these weirdo boys
ahhh at logger heads
helpp..... advice....plzz...desperation:confused: :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
aaww i rele do feel for ya, i have plenty of people at my college like that! I mean they moan that they are fat and wonder why! Jst try to hint that the unhealthy food isnt gd for their health, and that they shud prob cut down.
Reply 2
Be really blunt and forthright with her. Even if it comes out nasty. A friend did it to me and I lost 1.25 stones and am a different person pretty much now.
Reply 3
Let her be a fat mess, she'll make you look better by comparison.

She's an adult, it's not really down to you to make her be healthy.
Reply 4
Its a tough situtation because its difficult to suggest somebody eat more healthily or take more exercise without offending them or destroying their self-confidence. Maybe if you invite her to the gym with you or cook with her you could set her on the right track?
Reply 5
Believe me, being nicwe doesn't work, you HAVE to be harsh.
Reply 6
Anonymous
(god i feel l;ike gillian mckeith)

Have you looked at her poo? It could hold the answers!
Reply 7
Tell her that you're worried about her health and you don't want to see people being mean to her because she eats more.
Reply 8
Look, I keep saying it - 'don't be nice'. I used to be ginormous - i would know. Mummy-coddling just doesn't work. Tell her she looks crap and it's her fault.
Reply 9
minimo
Look, I keep saying it - 'don't be nice'. I used to be ginormous - i would know. Mummy-coddling just doesn't work. Tell her she looks crap and it's her fault.

Although suicide will solve the problem, i don't think its the best solution in this case...
Reply 10
Well I'm just describing the approach that was used on me and that proved greatly successful.
Reply 11
As well as trying to stop her eating, why dont you suggest going for walks or do something fun like start an exercise class together? You could also start telling her about healthy food that you have eaten, like "ooh i had really yummy fruit for breakfast this morning" and hope she takes the hint! Or when she buys a chocolate bar, for example, read out the calorie content and act disgusted. That may help.
Reply 12
sophierw
As well as trying to stop her eating, why dont you suggest going for walks or do something fun like start an exercise class together? You could also start telling her about healthy food that you have eaten, like "ooh i had really yummy fruit for breakfast this morning" and hope she takes the hint! Or when she buys a chocolate bar, for example, read out the calorie content and act disgusted. That may help.

Or, alternatively, point at her and start chanting "Who ate all the pies? Who ate all the pies? You fat slag, you fat slag, you ate all the pies!"
Tell it, 'do you wanna look like Rik Waller?' that should handle the situation.
Reply 14
Meh. Get her to read forums like this. When she realises that most guys aren't at all interested in fat girls she may change her ways.
Reply 15
mr_person
Meh. Get her to read forums like this. When she realises that most guys aren't at all interested in fat girls she may change her ways.

There are guys that like fat girls, they just tend to have their own websites and forums...
Reply 16
I'd have to agree with the harsh approach. Provided the person in question can handle such a blow to her pride (which is a distinction only the OP can make), it should wake her up to the spiralling path down to hell she's set up for herself. If you're scared of confronting her, try involving one or more other friends in the anti-fat movement.
Reply 17
Don't be nice to her, it doesn't help! You need to tell her to get her act together or else she could have serious problems. Talk about Atheroma - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheroma
Anonymous
i have a serious problem....ma mate can't stop eating seriously fry up for brekie mc donalds for lunch n takeaway for dinner...in amongst unhelthy snaks(god i feel l;ike gillian mckeith) but no being more serious she wear clothes which protrude her stomach it is rather disgustin it looks likes she preggers...moreover when she wears skirts she gets the rong kinda attention frm these weirdo boys
ahhh at logger heads
helpp..... advice....plzz...desperation:confused: :confused:
What's the wrong kind of attention?
Reply 19
Wait, is this thread vindicating making insensitive comments about fat people's weight?

cool.

Latest

Trending

Trending