The Student Room Group

I feel way too lonely

Scroll to see replies

Try being long term unemployed, it's worse :lol:.
Original post by Tom_Ford
Try being long term unemployed, it's worse :lol:.

Do you know what it is mate, we all have different reasons of being unhappy and we just try and cover it up with something. I'm sure if I was surrounded by loads of people but was unemployed I would probably be feeling that same.

I'm sure you'll be fine though Tom, you're still relatively young and the majority of people don't really know what they want to do until they're closer to 30
Original post by Anonymous
Do you know what it is mate, we all have different reasons of being unhappy and we just try and cover it up with something. I'm sure if I was surrounded by loads of people but was unemployed I would probably be feeling that same.

I'm sure you'll be fine though Tom, you're still relatively young and the majority of people don't really know what they want to do until they're closer to 30

Sr90 dat you bro? Come on don't want to play the guessing game :colondollar:.
Original post by sr90
Why do you think i'm on here so much? :laugh:

I've been used a stop gap my whole life tbh, as soon as someone better comes along i'm just tossed aside like I never existed.

Tbf mate, I've been told that people come into our lives to serve different purposes. My former CEO told me that he come across his best friend of 40 years after he graduated, and that sometimes the right people just take a long time to show up. (So much easier to give advise isn't it haha)

You're a good chap, the right friend and the right significant other half will come to you - trust me :cool:

Nah lol, I'm one from the red army :arsenal:
It's horrible. I can't sleep and laying in bed just makes me feel so much more lonely than I am. It makes me love think stuff that I usually push away because of my hectic days.

There was once a time where I used to be really popular, I was well known and I had a lot of friends, a few of which were my 'best friends'. Over the years I drifted away from them and just recently I've had to walk away from my to 'best friends', and now I just feel like I'm left with nothing. I act strong for the majority of the times but its times like tonight where I feel so weak. Where I wish I had someone. Where I miss my previous relationship, even though I pretty much hate my ex and all she did to me. Where I miss my friends even though I know they aren't really my friends.

I think it's more the idea of having a relationship and true friends that I miss. It's believing that I'm cared for, like I did for so many years.

This feeling will go sooner or later but it'll come back again. Whenever it comes back it comes back stronger and harsher and I don't know how much longer I can deal with this.

I'm going through the same thing :hugs: hopefully this phase will pass and we will find true friends

PM me if you want to talk :smile:

What I'm doing is basically busying myself with A-Levels and extra-curricular activities so that I don't actually have any time to feel lonely (well of course I do feel lonely, but I have stuff to do which takes me mind off it). And in the holidays, I found that reading lots of books basically drifted me into another world where I forgot about my own problems for a short while - maybe you can try that out? :tongue:

If you're not at uni yet, then look forward to that - hopefully there will be better people there that you can really connect with :h:
(edited 9 years ago)
Please know that you are not alone. I sometimes think about how lonely I am and I get sad. I then will try to distract myself with exercise or reading

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's horrible. I can't sleep and laying in bed just makes me feel so much more lonely than I am. It makes me love think stuff that I usually push away because of my hectic days.

There was once a time where I used to be really popular, I was well known and I had a lot of friends, a few of which were my 'best friends'. Over the years I drifted away from them and just recently I've had to walk away from my to 'best friends', and now I just feel like I'm left with nothing. I act strong for the majority of the times but its times like tonight where I feel so weak. Where I wish I had someone. Where I miss my previous relationship, even though I pretty much hate my ex and all she did to me. Where I miss my friends even though I know they aren't really my friends.

I think it's more the idea of having a relationship and true friends that I miss. It's believing that I'm cared for, like I did for so many years.

This feeling will go sooner or later but it'll come back again. Whenever it comes back it comes back stronger and harsher and I don't know how much longer I can deal with this.

Hey, if you want, send me a PM, I'll discuss my stories, feelings etc if you know what I mean and hopefully get you feeling a bit better. Im am in a similar situation and I think if you hear other peoples stories and expereinces you realise youre not alone and that you dont need to feel so bad:redface:

I understand it sounds weird because its all online and with strangers etc so dont worry if you arent comfortable with it.

Its just an option :smile:

Nah i'm more obvious than that.
Reply 49
I feel it too man. These feelings come & go.. Best bet is to just let time heal all the wounds the people in your past have left you. All the best.
Because I had recently begun to realise that these so called "best friends" were actually far from it, and that our relationships had been characterised by my efforts. It took me long enough to realise this but when I took a step back and looked at the whole thing it was just really evident that they just kept taking things, and never gave anything back. I was only contacted if they needed money, or favours. When I contacted them for a chat, or to go out I got nothing. It got to a point where it was much harder to speak to them than not to.

So I respected myself enough to walk away from such friendships where I wasn't valued, where I wasn't happy, where I was constantly being used and where I wasn't.. Growing if that makes sense.

Got so much respect for you OP. It's so hard to walk away from something when you don't have much else to turn to so you've definitely done the harder part!

I'm sure you'll bump into someone nice soon :smile:
So do I

i feel the exact same way. Sometimes I think it's just me, but so many other people feel the same way. I guess it's just part of growing up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending