The Student Room Group

Is he playing a long game with me?

Short & sweet.

I met a guy during freshers week and we've been close ever since, in the sense that when I'm down about something (work, friends) I'd go to him, we'd meet for lunch/coffee etc. Nothing had ever happened between us and I never thought it would although I did think he was cute! Since meeting, he's been with other girls, but said they weren't serious and he wasn't really looking for anything tbh.

Last Tuesday, I went clubbing and bumped into him when I went outside for air and because I hadn't seen him for a while, we sort of cuddled outside - it was quite cold too! Then he asked me to come with him back to his to "watch movies and chill" we went back, watched a tv show and put on a movie and kissed and cuddled etc

I know I should probably ask him directly, but I don't really know what to think of the night, he text me the next day saying he had a good time and it would be nice if we could do it again - if that helps :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

I reckon he likes you, if it's taken several months for something to happen.
Reply 2
You kissed and cuddled, what do you think? This isn't really rocket science...
Reply 3
Original post by Arkasia
You kissed and cuddled, what do you think? This isn't really rocket science...

He openly admitted to getting with the other girls he's been with just as a fling and mentioned not having any feelings etc - I just wouldn't want this to be the same thing, in the sense that he was just willing to wait longer for it to happen
Reply 4
anyone? lol
..so wait, you want him to be your one and only (relationship) or you want him to be FWB or you want a one night thing..? i'm confused here....
He's been with other girls for nothing? yes for nothing:biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by theDanIdentity
..so wait, you want him to be your one and only (relationship) or you want him to be FWB or you want a one night thing..? i'm confused here....

It's not really about me, I'm curious as to what people think is going on in his mind, i.e. - am I just like the other girls, except he was just willing to play the game for longer?

Prior to Tuesday, I just saw him as a friend, definitely don't want to become FWBs but I wouldn't say no if he wanted more than a friendship I suppose.
Reply 8
Original post by RoyalMarine
He's been with other girls for nothing? yes for nothing:biggrin:

what do you mean sorry?
Original post by Anonymous
It's not really about me, I'm curious as to what people think is going on in his mind, i.e. - am I just like the other girls, except he was just willing to play the game for longer?

Prior to Tuesday, I just saw him as a friend, definitely don't want to become FWBs but I wouldn't say no if he wanted more than a friendship I suppose.

..so you want a relationship then..? (don't play this subtle crap thing girls do; tell me what you want & i'll see if i can analyse his actions based on what you've said. **disclaimer: i am one guy. i do not speak for the entire male population. it is entirely my sometimes incorrect opinion**)
Original post by theDanIdentity
..so you want a relationship then..? (don't play this subtle crap thing girls do; tell me what you want & i'll see if i can analyse his actions based on what you've said. **disclaimer: i am one guy. i do not speak for the entire male population. it is entirely my sometimes incorrect opinion**)

It's not something that I'd say no to basically. But I'm not in the position where I'm desperate for it, if that makes sense? I'm happy to just be his friend, hence I was surprise Tuesday even happened
what do you mean sorry?

He wasn't with girls for nothing. Do you know where?
He wasn't with girls for nothing. Do you know where?

Maybe I'm extremely tired, but your post confuses me :colondollar:
Maybe I'm extremely tired, but your post confuses me :colondollar:

Was he with girls clubbing?
Was he with girls clubbing?

On Tuesday? He went with his friends
You won't know where you stand with him unless you ask him. Sometimes guys just like things to be blunt instead of dancing around topics. If you want a relationship, tell him you had a good time too and would like things to go further.
You won't know where you stand with him unless you ask him. Sometimes guys just like things to be blunt instead of dancing around topics. If you want a relationship, tell him you had a good time too and would like things to go further.

It's not that i want a relationship with him, I'm happy as we are - sorry i don't think my post was very clear.

I was just curious as to what people thought about what happened on Tuesday and whatever else could potentially be going on in his mind
Reply 17
I don't know why us females only hear/see what we want to. He already told you he wasn't looking for anything. Come on now.
it's funny cus when I say I want to watch a movie. I actually just want to watch the movie. And maybe have a chat aswell lmao
Reply 19
Go on a few dates. Be flirty, have fun, see what happens...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending