The Student Room Group

I failed my last course due to mental health, can I get funding for a different one?

I was studying a HnC in Applied Biology (I got funding from SFE for it) but due to mental health (And the teachers putting me down) I only managed to pass 3 modules before I left the course.

I am a lot better now, it's been a few years and I'm really wanting to get back on track. I'm hoping I can get funding for a foundation Bioscience and chemistry course at a different university in a different city.

I really hope there is some way I can get funding for it as I feel I've had a pretty bumpy start in the career I want to eventually get to, and I doubt very much that I will ever be able to afford even a year of university without this headstart to get a better job.
Reply 1
Hello!!! I was suppost to do a HNC in applied science at Fife college but changed to biological science at SRUC I want to do either soil and crop science or plant science at edinburgh University and having problems with that too.I'm having a huge fundinding issue but since mines is environmental/horticulture based there's grants available for me to access.Hope it all goes well. You should at the least get a loan from Saas
Original post by DamianaSola
I was studying a HnC in Applied Biology (I got funding from SFE for it) but due to mental health (And the teachers putting me down) I only managed to pass 3 modules before I left the course.

I am a lot better now, it's been a few years and I'm really wanting to get back on track. I'm hoping I can get funding for a foundation Bioscience and chemistry course at a different university in a different city.

I really hope there is some way I can get funding for it as I feel I've had a pretty bumpy start in the career I want to eventually get to, and I doubt very much that I will ever be able to afford even a year of university without this headstart to get a better job.

Hi there,

Can you confirm that you only received 1 year of funding? Can you also confirm how long your new course will be?

Thanks, Jen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending