The Student Room Group

Things you like in a partner that others find weird?

What are some things you like in a partner that most people would find weird? These things don't have to be a deal breaker if a potential partner doesn't have them but just things that you like. :smile:

I will start:

- Votes conservatives
- Spends ages getting ready
- Has a cat
- Has bad hair days more often

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If they are a cat person. I couldn't be with someone who is allergic to cats or doesn't like them as I've had cats all my life and I let them sleep up on the bed with me. Thankfully my bf is a cat man and has no problem with the cats sleeping with us.

If they are into Star Trek and/or Stargate

If they love Skyrim

They are an atheist/anti-theist

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
They are open for bum fun.
Brown skin?
Reply 4
Very comfortable - picks own nose, picks my nose, checks my earwax etc

Use the toilet in front of each other

Behaves like me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NutE
Very comfortable - picks own nose, picks my nose, checks my earwax etc

Use the toilet in front of each other

Behaves like me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reply 6
Original post by BioStudentx
x

I like being super comfortable with a partner

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NutE

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh but picking each others noses?:eek:
Reply 8
Original post by BioStudentx
Yeh but picking each others noses?:eek:

Yep, it's what people find weird.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Laughs at poo, other gross humour, and also dark humour. A willingness to fart openly too haha. And also, I find something oddly attractive about a girl having a slightly stupid laugh. Probably 'cos it makes me look less mental haha. Being childish at points I guess too. Being stupid and making noises is fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile
- Being socially awkward,
- Wearing glasses,
- Being overly affectionate / almost needy.
Original post by NutE
Yep, it's what people find weird.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel a little less odd now. I sometimes pick other people's noses as a joke haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Skratch My Itch
I feel a little less odd now. I sometimes pick other people's noses as a joke haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My ex used to pick mine and sometimes put his finger into my belly button after we made love :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NutE
My ex used to pick mine and sometimes put his finger into my belly button after we made love :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol. An ability to not always be serious is important.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NutE

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mate most people aren't comfortable picking their own noses.
Hmm, what do I like in a partner that the majority finds dislikeable\strange...

- long walks without speaking
- seriously messy hair
- awful fashion sense\ general ignorance towards fashion
- I LOVE listening to whinging. I could listen to it all day, whether its moaning about insignificant stuff or life-impeding situations: I enjoy listening to it. Especially from a romantic partner. I'm not one to scold someone if they need to let loose with a good whinge.
- messages me a lot even when I'm busy and can't answer straight away
- allows me to wear the pants in the relationship
- loves being silly
- wouldn't mind painting my toenails :colondollar:
I'm not sure there are specific things I look for in a guy that are usually considered weird to others but... my current boyfriend has a LOT of quirks. He has this odd but endearing fascination and curiousity with pickled fetuses and carved-up dead guys (The Hunterian Museum), famous cemeteries, wax museums, etc. Anything that's morbid and would make most people squeamish. He loves science.
He sings French nursery rhymes in my ear when we're both drunk (we both speak French) and likes to waltz with me (often without music).
He makes jokes at the most inappropriate times to lighten my mood - take the time I was rushed to hospital because a flatmate sprayed me in the eye with disinfectant, went blind for half an hour, was sure I'd remain blind - Thomas had to bring up my squeamishness and joked they would poke me in the eye with a needle! He can be so gross like that.
Original post by godivaontherocks
I'm not sure there are specific things I look for in a guy that are usually considered weird to others but... my current boyfriend has a LOT of quirks. He has this odd but endearing fascination and curiousity with pickled fetuses and carved-up dead guys (The Hunterian Museum), famous cemeteries, wax museums, etc. Anything that's morbid and would make most people squeamish. He loves science.
He sings French nursery rhymes in my ear when we're both drunk (we both speak French) and likes to waltz with me (often without music).
He makes jokes at the most inappropriate times to lighten my mood - take the time I was rushed to hospital because a flatmate sprayed me in the eye with disinfectant, went blind for half an hour, was sure I'd remain blind - Thomas had to bring up my squeamishness and joked they would poke me in the eye with a needle! He can be so gross like that.

Classic Thomas!
Original post by brittanna
Classic Thomas!

Lol I guess. I didn't find it amusing at the time though, having gone blind and all that. :rolleyes: I turned quite violent actually. But it gave us a good laugh later on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending