The Student Room Group

Boyfriend's Mother is a snake fanatic!! HELP!!!

Scroll to see replies

Really just tell your boyfriend that u have a bit of a phobia and that you would rather sleep on the sofa or something, they might set u up in a different room. Its no biggie, she wont think you are neurotic over just this one thing dont worry. They would rather you be comfortable if your bf is decent he'l understand.
Original post by furbybrain
Ok... *deep breath*

So I've got a really great boyfriend who I've been with for the last three months.

He's got us tickets to a comedy show in his hometown where he intends to introduce me to his dear mother. All fine.

EXCEPT his mother is a really serious snake breeder/enthusiast!! And I will be required to spend the night at her snake-riddled house!

AND most (20+) of the snakes are kept in the room I will be sleeping in (boyfriends old bedroom)!!!!

I CANNOT SLEEP IN A ROOM FULL OF SNAKES!!! :eek:

I don't know what to do. It would be rude to not go especially since he's splashed out on the tickets.

I also don't want he and his mother to think I'm a neurotic twerp (which I am)...

But really, as if meeting the dragon for the first time wasn't scary enough to start with? :wink:

Please help. And be thankful you aren't me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Set them on fire.
Reply 22
Original post by Redfrost
Really just tell your boyfriend that u have a bit of a phobia and that you would rather sleep on the sofa or something, they might set u up in a different room. Its no biggie, she wont think you are neurotic over just this one thing dont worry. They would rather you be comfortable if your bf is decent he'l understand.

It's kind of impossible! There are 80 snakes in the whole house so they're everywhere!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by brittanna
Set them on fire.

Hrrmmm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furbybrain
It's kind of impossible! There are 80 snakes in the whole house so they're everywhere!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jesus Christ wtf. That's an absolute nightmare. I'm just trying to imagine it with invertebrates to terrify myself even more.
Might just have to suck it up as desensitisation training. Nobody knows the future but you may end up having to embrace the snake long term at some point.
Reply 26
Original post by TorpidPhil
Jesus Christ wtf. That's an absolute nightmare. I'm just trying to imagine it with invertebrates to terrify myself even more.

Good, so it's not just me being silly about it!

80 snakes is quite an ordeal for the best of us. Aaarrrghhh!! Talk about FML!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by seaholme
Might just have to suck it up as desensitisation training. Nobody knows the future but you may end up having to embrace the snake long term at some point.

Please. Just. No.

Posted from TSR Mobile
RIP op
Reply 29
Original post by Greg Jackson
RIP op

Most likely to be a panic induced heart attack...

Posted from TSR Mobile
You clearly only have 2 options, suck it up and go or tell them you're too scared of the snakes and don't go. Not sure what else we can say to you.
Reply 31
Ok everyone, good news I've been, got back and survived!

IT WAS QUITE BLOODY UNPLEASANT.

I freaked out all night because they mafe some SERIOUSLY NASTY noises. Like hissing and slithering and plopping down on the wood shavings. Aarrgghh! :eek:

I was CONVINCED one was escaping the entire time.

Still, I love my boyfriend so I'm glad I did it. And I think he's pretty pleased I did it despite hating everything about snake pets...

Never again!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending