The Student Room Group

Where is my period?!

Hi,
I'm a very paranoid person and i would like a little advice.

Basically at the end of March I went on the injection and was due my next one twelve weeks later (23 june).

The doctor recommended the injection as my form of contraception as my periods were extremely heavy and painful (i was previously on the pill for a year and my periods did not improve).

Unfortunately, whilst the injection was in my body, i started bleeding and carried on for over 4 weeks. The doctor gave me pills to lighten it but it didnt help, so eventually after four weeks i went back (this was seven weeks into the injection) and the doctor put me back on the pill as it was safe to take both the pill and have the injection still in my bloodstream.

So my injection would have needed renewing on the 23rd June, and the doctor said I could take two packets of pills back to back. I came off the pill a week after my injection ran out, the monday just gone. Usually when i stop the pill for my week break, it takes two days for my period to come.

So today i was expecting to come on my period.

I've had quite bad pains for most of the day but only had an extremely light period, im not even sure it counts.

I'm hoping that this is because my body is trying to cope with the lack of injection and the lack of pill?

Im actually hoping i come on properly tomorrow, because i'm getting paranoid now, but i never missed a pill, and for the majority of the time i was taking the pill i also had the injection in my blood.

I'm sorry for all the details, i was just wondering whether anyone else had any similar experiences/ had any advice?

I have stomach cramps like im due on, so maybe im being impatient and need to give it a few more days.

I dont know i guess im just scared. I followed the doctors advice so i would hope im okay.

Thank you in advance
Give it time after having so many hormones in your body I m not surprised if you re late it's highly unlikely your pregnant so nothing to worry about

Quick Reply

Latest