The Student Room Group

Help: She is muslim, I am not

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
There Are 2 options for you if she is religious:

1) Convert to Islam

2) Ignore her

Note: if you friend zone her this might be very painful especially if she goes out with another Muslim guy or if you cannot control yourself and do something that will embarrass you.

hope I helped
Ignore everyone in this thread, you've got nothing to lose by getting to know her more. Yes, her parents may be strict Muslims but what if they aren't? The worst case scenario is that she isn't interested for whatever reason, the best case is that it could actually go somewhere. You've got nothing to lose but everything to gain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a muslim girl. Okay firstly it won't work out well because you're not Muslim, sorry. A muslim girl can only get married to a Muslim man. She might have some problems with her family if they are strict as well
Reply 23
Original post by Xenon17
I am sure you can find a perfectly good none Muslim girl that is not on your course.My parents are muslims the only way she is goiing out with you is if she was going to disobey her parents. She will most likely be force arranged married. It's not a pleasant or 'free' life as a muslim or an exmuslim living with muslims. My advice would be to avoid the ideology like the plague not the people though. People are people and they will always folllow what they have been told.

Forced marriages aren't allowed in Islam and neither is a nikkah valid if it's forced. Yes, in some cultures they do this which is very wrong but it's not tied to Islam.
Reply 24
Original post by Xlxl23
Forced marriages aren't allowed in Islam and neither is a nikkah valid if it's forced. Yes, in some cultures they do this which is very wrong but it's not tied to Islam.

Forced marriages are all over the Quarran and in history. As well as marrying a family member, it happens in the majority of Muslim cultures if not all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Colour Me Pretty
Ignore everyone in this thread, you've got nothing to lose by getting to know her more. Yes, her parents may be strict Muslims but what if they aren't? The worst case scenario is that she isn't interested for whatever reason, the best case is that it could actually go somewhere. You've got nothing to lose but everything to gain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ignore her.
Unless you're willing to convert
Just forget about it
By expressing your feelings to her, you'll most likely lose your friendship with her too..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PhilMedic
Screw it I am not going to post anonymously, apparently it has to be moderated. So i'll repost what I tried to post.

I think I am just going to have to reside in the dreaded friendzone, but it will be hard , she is such a nice person that'll she always talk to you and make you feel welcome, but I feel like if I am always around her I am going to do something stupid. She is such a hard person not to fall for!

This is such a strange situation for me, I am normally in control, cool and collected, but with her, jeez, I am quite frankly embarrassing.

Try your luck Phil. I am in the same boat but would you seriously consider choosing her religion? Giving up your values for her?

If you do so I am sure most Muslims in the UK would see you in high regards, as white English Muslims look good for the media. Plus she would forever like you for falling for her as you boost her confidence/reputation as the women who converted that white guy.
Original post by M&F
There Are 2 options for you if she is religious:

1) Convert to Islam

2) Ignore her

Note: if you friend zone her this might be very painful especially if she goes out with another Muslim guy or if you cannot control yourself and do something that will embarrass you.

hope I helped

Thanks she is a very hard person to ignore, I wouldn't even have a problem if she was non-Muslim, I would have gone for it and if it failed oh well, but with her I'm too nervous to do anything. I honestly see myself blurting something out, or being very jealous if I see her with a muslim guy.

I cant see myself converting, she is intelligent enough to know that a conversion would not be for the religion but purely for her, and whilst the thought is nice, long term I don't think a fake conversion would be appropriate. Unless of course I choose that Islam is for me, but to be honest I cant see that happening.

And if I were to be in a relationship with her she isn't the sort of girl I would waste on a fling, I'd want to be with her longterm
Original post by ss2012
Forced marriages are all over the Quarran and in history. As well as marrying a family member, it happens in the majority of Muslim cultures if not all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's families who force their kids into marrying but it's got nothing to do with the religon. Marrying someone in a family is allowed so long as it's not your siblings, parents, aunts, etc etc basically close relatives but neither is this forced. A person has a choice
Original post by Xenon17
The thing is though it is so strongly associated with islam i.e. alot of cultures in islam do this that it has almost become synonymous with islam. The islam that I believe is true has become distorted manipulated and exploited by various people. It's sad that this has happened to my religion.

There's a difference between culture and religion but not everyone sees that difference. There's honour killings for example and people think that it's to do with Islam but isn't. The media doesn't help either tbh
Reply 31
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys, there is this girl on my course she is Muslim (she wears the headscarf), absolutely stunning, and super friendly. She is the first really good looking girl to be friendly, funny and kind but also super smart. Basically I am falling for her, but like I said she is Muslim. What do I do? She'll be hard to ignore whilst I am on my course with her, and she really is a rarity for me.

I get attention from other girls, but she is the first one that I keep thinking about.
So yea guys any help will be much appreciated :smile:

Brother,

If you like the girl then ask her out and take her on a date.

I am a Muslim and I have lots of friends from different backgrounds and we all just get on fine.

My sister is a going to marry a Blackman who is a Christian. My family believe in Islam but they also believe in making my sister happy. She is a good person, prays, works and has a good quality of life.

If you like the girl then tell her. If she likes you then that's great. You are living in the UK and you have rights just like everybody else.

I will be happy to support you and so will many of my Muslim friends. 👍🏽👍🏽

Don't get put off and take the risk. You have nothing to lose.

U can private message me!
Reply 32
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a muslim girl. Okay firstly it won't work out well because you're not Muslim, sorry. A muslim girl can only get married to a Muslim man. She might have some problems with her family if they are strict as well

You are living in a different world.

Don't listen to her!
Original post by Salon
Brother,

If you like the girl then ask her out and take her on a date.

I am a Muslim and I have lots of friends from different backgrounds and we all just get on fine.

My sister is a going to marry a Blackman who is a Christian. My family believe in Islam but they also believe in making my sister happy. She is a good person, prays, works and has a good quality of life.

If you like the girl then tell her. If she likes you then that's great. You are living in the UK and you have rights just like everybody else.

I will be happy to support you and so will many of my Muslim friends. 👍🏽👍🏽

Don't get put off and take the risk. You have nothing to lose.

U can private message me!

You think being Muslim and gay is fine, so surely you're opinion on this matter is invalid..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by Masoudy
Try your luck Phil. I am in the same boat but would you seriously consider choosing her religion? Giving up your values for her?

If you do so I am sure most Muslims in the UK would see you in high regards, as white English Muslims look good for the media. Plus she would forever like you for falling for her as you boost her confidence/reputation as the women who converted that white guy.

The mosque you convert at dashes 1k for every white convert dude, they don't do it because they like you, they do it to spread the religion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by spiritless98
You think being Muslim and gay is fine, so surely you're opinion on this matter is invalid..

That's a awful thing to say about your Muslim brother. I have a voice.
Don't do it. She will most likely just stop speaking to you. Did with me - even though she didn't wear a headscarf and seemed "liberal" >_>

If she wears a headscarf. LOL. No chance mate...
Original post by Colour Me Pretty

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're wrong. He has the entire friendship he has with her now to lose. And you will most likely lose it if you express romantic feelings towards such a pious Muslim girl. That could be a lot to lose if you don't have many friends.
Reply 38
Original post by ice_man
As a Muslim, I advise you not to ruin your friendship with her by uttering anything like that, because because Muslim girls don't do casual relationships so she will distance herself from you

As a Muslim I advise you to follow your heart and try your luck. Race and religion has nothing to do with love at first sight. Good luck brother.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by TorpidPhil
You're wrong. He has the entire friendship he has with her now to lose. And you will most likely lose it if you express romantic feelings towards such a pious Muslim girl. That could be a lot to lose if you don't have many friends.

Brother,

You have nothing to lose and follow your heart. Follow your dreams and live your life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending