The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

That's fine. The important things to focus on are your job, family and hobbies.
Reply 2
I do that already, however for me it's not enough.
There is too much self-loathing on this site!!! It breaks my heart. Pictures won't open, but please do not get plastic surgery. It was a waste of money!! You many not have a hoard of girls tripping over themselves to date you, but that doesn't mean the right girl won't walk into your life one day!! 27 is still quite young, you have time. I understand your anxiety, but please do not hate yourself. A low self esteem is not going to attract the right people into your life!! xxx
Reply 4
You don't have to get plastic surgery to try and get women who aren't even deserving of you anyway. Aim higher. If those women rejected you, so what? They weren't worth it anyway. You can find someone much better for you. They can do what they want, but you need to keep doing you (and no I don't mean literally). Be unapologetic about how good you feel about yourself. That's the attitude you should have if a girl says no. Just brush it off and act as if it means absolutely nothing.

You may have had a run of bad luck, but that doesn't mean you're not going to end up with someone great. Though it has to be noted that half the battle is the attitude you portray and that initial attraction you create. Several knock backs obviously can affect confidence, so I'm not saying it'll be easy, and I feel your pain to some extent because I've also been rejected. Regardless, thinking you're not only good enough, but more than worth it makes you seem much more attractive than the opposite.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by nluc88
Hi people,

I'm a 27 year old male that is single and never had a girlfriend, tried to get dates, always getting rejected, even girls I get along with really well, always reject me, I feel a lot of anxiety over this and feel pretty worthless as a man. I'm at the point where I think i should give up on women and life. Always wanted to get married and settle down, the older I get, the more I think it's not going to happen.
I've even thought about spending some of my savings to get plastic surgery.

Here are a couple of photos of me.
Would like feedback on how to improve my face, as it is awful.

Last pic is a few years old, when I was 19.

It says invalid attachment; upload it to Imgur and post the web link.
Reply 6
OK, here is my facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/nicholas.laurence.7
Original post by nluc88
Hi people,

I'm a 27 year old male that is single and never had a girlfriend, tried to get dates, always getting rejected, even girls I get along with really well, always reject me, I feel a lot of anxiety over this and feel pretty worthless as a man. I'm at the point where I think i should give up on women and life. Always wanted to get married and settle down, the older I get, the more I think it's not going to happen.
I've even thought about spending some of my savings to get plastic surgery.

Here are a couple of photos of me.
Would like feedback on how to improve my face, as it is awful.

Last pic is a few years old, when I was 19.

Following up from what @Danz123 and since he is literally an advice God (very difficult to top him :tongue:)!

Please don't let the opposite gender drag you down so deeply that you feel like you want to give up on life. You only get one life (unless you believe otherwise). But honestly, you don't need to change your appearance to please anybody. Your 27 and still young, you have plenty of time to find someone and fall in love.

Most people in life do get rejected, if anyone claims otherwise then they have never put themselves out there to be rejected. Nobody can please everybody.

Also when you separate your self worth from your appearance (it's a very difficult thing to do) you will feel much better. :smile:
Reply 8
Have you tried online dating?
Reply 9
Yep, no luck
Original post by nluc88
OK, here is my facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/nicholas.laurence.7

Oh my god, ugly? where? you have a lovely face!
Reply 11
Cheer up, 27 is still rather young. You are not ugly at all! There is always a someone for someone, don't look for love. Love will find you naturally, eventually. Keep doing what you're doing and one day the right one will find you:smile:
Reply 12
I hope you're right
Don't allow others' perceptions of your attractiveness define your worth.
Change your hairstyle.
Reply 15
I've found the problem; you watch anime.
Reply 16
Why is that a problem???
You're not too ugly to get a girlfriend.

Sort out your hairline and get a decent trim instead of greasing your hair up and you'll be fine. Ffs, you just look like the average bloke on the street.
U don't need plastic surgery lmao, u need confidence surgery m8.
Reply 19
Original post by nluc88
Why is that a problem???

Self explanatory.

Latest

Trending

Trending