The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by asif007
Haha, this part made me laugh! It certainly sounds like a good option, I'm just skeptical if it's really as easy as you say it is. I've heard American girls can be *******. :s-smilie:

absolutely not true, man. american women are probably nicer and more chill than european women (on the surface) in the sense that they are more open. It's just that we have an overall more extroverted society so we can come across as superficial to you guys. but like i said before, certain parts of the U.S. are more retarded than others.
Original post by Sir Richard P
I am an American, so i can assure you that that these steps will work in finding "the one" or whatever the **** these ******s call their expression of melodramatic longing. trust me.

1. move to the U.S.A., preferably a part that favors intellectualism and personality over vanity (new England, pacific northwest, etc...)

2. go to a trendy bar. go up to any girl and talk to them. after talking about your "accent" and answering questions like "do you really drink tea? do you say Blimey?" take them out on a date.

3. repeat until satisfied. I'm serious, man, people have a ****ing obsession with the UK. its a great place to get laid as an Englishman (or wherever the **** you're from).

or better yet, why not take the easier route, stay in the UK, live, and don't worry about dying in the suburbs with whiny little brats in your mid 30s. (the American method is foolproof though. in So-Cal you can even fake the accent and get laid)

i know it works i had a uncle who used to sell british antiques in so-cal and ship them in by the container load so would come home and buy literally anything british and antique the biggest lot he took back was the last lot and that was four stacked shipping containers (before he died in a head on collision between his e-type jag and a semi truck)
Why don't you focus on your ambitions, goals, aspirations, hobbies and friends?

I'm sure you have the character traits and qualities women would be interested in.

Go the gym, dress well, groom yourself well, start approaching women, get a dating coach if necessary. Go on speed dating events, join online dating, join clubs and meet women there, maybe go to a holiday and meet someone there?

Be confident, be proud of yourself.

I wish you the best of luck!
Original post by 06sulraj
This thread is so old.

So is your mum fam.
I feel for yer bruv init. This country is heading for demographic disaster; its gonna be full of single, unemployed 40 year old english males, teen single mothers and immigrants. All deliberately created by the zionist, feminist cabal.
Original post by RomfordDave
I feel for yer bruv init. This country is heading for demographic disaster; its gonna be full of single, unemployed 40 year old english males, teen single mothers and immigrants. All deliberately created by the zionist, feminist cabal.

U kno dat fam
Reply 186
28 now, still in the same position. Life is tough. What to do????
Original post by nluc88
28 now, still in the same position. Life is tough. What to do????

ok, some real advice here [and I don't pussy foot around when giving advice, I tell it how it is]

Looks

your face is within the average spectrum.
based on pics I wouldn't say you are good looking facially, but you are not ugly either.
your body is above average, within the 8 range ...although verging on slightly too brawny for a few girls taste's ..I would suggest you get yourself no bigger than you currently are or you may be moving too far towards niche territory when it comes to what sort of girl that body will attract.

Race and Location

I cannot work out what race you are, you look like you have some oriental in you, but not fully oriental, maybe you are oriental mixed with native american ..I really don't know. You appear to be living in London, which is the worst place for dating if you are male in the whole entire country. In some areas of the country you would have gotton dates online by now. This is not coming out my ass, I have tested profiles of myself around the country and London is BY FAR the worst. Pretty much was impossible for me to get a reply from a girl who was facially average or above and not obese in London.

I also see that you said you like to go for blonde's, so I am thinking you are probably going for a lot of white girls. Coming from a non white, who lived in London a very long time and approached an awful lot of white girls ....they can be quite discriminating when it comes to dating and race when cold approaching them. If I was in their social group ...then it was not as bad ....but definitely if you approaching white english London girls at bars/clubs/the mall/social events you may find none really want to give you the time of day romantically speaking. If possible it is advisable you stick to your own race as much as possible so as to improve the chances of success.

If you must go for white girls in London go for white europeans [you can usually tell by their facial structure] , these girls are not as discriminating as London white girls. Given that you look partly asian [oriental], I would go more for asian than white.

Also you might want to consider moving out of London. I know a few people who's dating life sucked in London and as soon as they moved away it got a lot better. Don't for one second think that being in a city with 8 million people gives you more options. It doesn't, the women just get more picky ...due to more attention they get and more options they have.

Where to find women

You are not good looking enough to get decent women online in London imo. It is extremely competitive there, and only gets worst year by year. Approaching girls in the street/mall is not advisable either, I have met a lot of people who do this and only perhaps 5 - 10% are getting laid from it. And around 75% have never been able to convert a phone number to a date.

social/meetup groups..
These are not a bad idea, but bear in mind an awful lot of males have also thought of this avenue and at a typical event 70% of males there are on the lookout. The cailibre of male at these events generally is not too high, and given your physique I think you'd be regarded as better looking than the typical attendee. Focus mostly on the foreign girls at these events as they will be more open to the prospect of dating you than locals.

salsa
It does have some potential, but bear in mind ..that quite a few thirsty males have also thought of it do you will face competition. Only go if you can read women well because you will need to aim for the women who seem to be initiating flirting with you

speed dating
slightly better than online dating, but unfortunately it only takes one or two good looking males in the group to scupper every other males chances as when it comes to enter in the ticks..all the women typically want the same man. There is a lot of fake flirting done by women at these events, it is very hard to tell if she's flirting because she likes you or flirting socially. Also each woman at these events typically tick 3 to 5 males .....and tbh if you are not like number 1 on 2 [in her mind] out of those males you have little chance of getting a date. Also women are flaky in general so being number one or two guarantees nothing.

meeting friends of friends [in a nightclub]
this has potential, I have found before that if you meet up with a friend and they friend some female friends and you're at a club then sometimes the girls are open for romance.

approaching in a bar/nightclub
more likely to yield results than online dating and approaching in the street ...but still can be challenging to convert anything to an actual relationship
Lighten up, relax, think of no outcome, just talk to them and have a conversation.

I've started approaching women some 6 weeks ago, however, after so many years, the first time was in London and the first 9 attempts the conversation did not go anywhere. I also did some a year ago to no avail.

I recently six weeks ago approached 9 women, the first two ignored me, the third one said "please don't talk to me" and the next two were into me, holding the conversation, the next one gave a excuse saying "I have to go to work".

Fortunately, the next two were interested in me, stayed and answered my questions, the reasons why I didn't end up with a number because I was not witty, quick enough to say something witty back.

It's all down to approaching and slowing it down, approach them and say "I just saw you and just had to meet you" in a jovial way, then transition with questions, observe, make a comment, instigate and play on the words when she answers back to your question.

The more you approach, the more opportunities for success you will have.

Also try online dating, speed dating, meet women at work, through your family, friends, join a club out of interest such as a salsa club or you could get someone through going to the gym.

Good luck
From the limited information you've provided, I'd say you're possibly not a very confident person and probably have many self doubts.
How have I come to this conclusion? I was just the same.
But there is a way you can change and its starts by valuing your worth. You my friend are absolutely great and you would bring a wealth of fun,joy and adventure to any females life.
This is how you have to think. You have to think yourself handsome which in turn will make you come across more confident. And its no secret, women love confident men.
Beauty starts from within. If only our self obsessed, narcissistic society could realise this.

Anyway, women are like a drug; the more you have, the more you want. Keep away from them I say ;-)
Reply 190
Original post by ANM775
ok, some real advice here [and I don't pussy foot around when giving advice, I tell it how it is]

Looks

your face is within the average spectrum.
based on pics I wouldn't say you are good looking facially, but you are not ugly either.
your body is above average, within the 8 range ...although verging on slightly too brawny for a few girls taste's ..I would suggest you get yourself no bigger than you currently are or you may be moving too far towards niche territory when it comes to what sort of girl that body will attract.

Race and Location

I cannot work out what race you are, you look like you have some oriental in you, but not fully oriental, maybe you are oriental mixed with native american ..I really don't know. You appear to be living in London, which is the worst place for dating if you are male in the whole entire country. In some areas of the country you would have gotton dates online by now. This is not coming out my ass, I have tested profiles of myself around the country and London is BY FAR the worst. Pretty much was impossible for me to get a reply from a girl who was facially average or above and not obese in London.

I also see that you said you like to go for blonde's, so I am thinking you are probably going for a lot of white girls. Coming from a non white, who lived in London a very long time and approached an awful lot of white girls ....they can be quite discriminating when it comes to dating and race when cold approaching them. If I was in their social group ...then it was not as bad ....but definitely if you approaching white english London girls at bars/clubs/the mall/social events you may find none really want to give you the time of day romantically speaking. If possible it is advisable you stick to your own race as much as possible so as to improve the chances of success.

If you must go for white girls in London go for white europeans [you can usually tell by their facial structure] , these girls are not as discriminating as London white girls. Given that you look partly asian [oriental], I would go more for asian than white.

Also you might want to consider moving out of London. I know a few people who's dating life sucked in London and as soon as they moved away it got a lot better. Don't for one second think that being in a city with 8 million people gives you more options. It doesn't, the women just get more picky ...due to more attention they get and more options they have.

Where to find women

You are not good looking enough to get decent women online in London imo. It is extremely competitive there, and only gets worst year by year. Approaching girls in the street/mall is not advisable either, I have met a lot of people who do this and only perhaps 5 - 10% are getting laid from it. And around 75% have never been able to convert a phone number to a date.

social/meetup groups..
These are not a bad idea, but bear in mind an awful lot of males have also thought of this avenue and at a typical event 70% of males there are on the lookout. The cailibre of male at these events generally is not too high, and given your physique I think you'd be regarded as better looking than the typical attendee. Focus mostly on the foreign girls at these events as they will be more open to the prospect of dating you than locals.

salsa
It does have some potential, but bear in mind ..that quite a few thirsty males have also thought of it do you will face competition. Only go if you can read women well because you will need to aim for the women who seem to be initiating flirting with you

speed dating
slightly better than online dating, but unfortunately it only takes one or two good looking males in the group to scupper every other males chances as when it comes to enter in the ticks..all the women typically want the same man. There is a lot of fake flirting done by women at these events, it is very hard to tell if she's flirting because she likes you or flirting socially. Also each woman at these events typically tick 3 to 5 males .....and tbh if you are not like number 1 on 2 [in her mind] out of those males you have little chance of getting a date. Also women are flaky in general so being number one or two guarantees nothing.

meeting friends of friends [in a nightclub]
this has potential, I have found before that if you meet up with a friend and they friend some female friends and you're at a club then sometimes the girls are open for romance.

approaching in a bar/nightclub
more likely to yield results than online dating and approaching in the street ...but still can be challenging to convert anything to an actual relationship

In other words, I'm too average looking. Oh well, I can always go to a cosmetic surgeon lol. What things can I do facially to improve?
Reply 191
Original post by Anonymous
From the limited information you've provided, I'd say you're possibly not a very confident person and probably have many self doubts.
How have I come to this conclusion? I was just the same.
But there is a way you can change and its starts by valuing your worth. You my friend are absolutely great and you would bring a wealth of fun,joy and adventure to any females life.
This is how you have to think. You have to think yourself handsome which in turn will make you come across more confident. And its no secret, women love confident men.
Beauty starts from within. If only our self obsessed, narcissistic society could realise this.

Anyway, women are like a drug; the more you have, the more you want. Keep away from them I say ;-)

LOL, drugs are bad
Not possible to think of myself as handsome when I'm being told I'm a typical looking average man. In London being average doesn't cut it.
Original post by nluc88
In other words, I'm too average looking. Oh well, I can always go to a cosmetic surgeon lol. What things can I do facially to improve?

I think you are not handsome enough for internet dating to yield much for you in London. certain Other areas of the country you would probably be able to get a date from time to time .........but not london imo.

Some of the other avenues I suggested to you I think could yield something in London. Especially the meetup groups as you are a bit better looking than the typical male who comes to those events.

I honestly don't think there is anything you can do to improve facially without going to a surgeon .....but i do feel though that going to a surgeon is an extreme option and such a decision should not be taken lightly.

really you should atleast try everything in my list, including a move AWAY from London before you consider cosmetic surgery. Even a move away from London is less extreme than cosmetic surgery.
Reply 193
Original post by ANM775
I think you are not handsome enough for internet dating to yield much for you in London. certain Other areas of the country you would probably be able to get a date from time to time .........but not london imo.

Some of the other avenues I suggested to you I think could yield something in London. Especially the meetup groups as you are a bit better looking than the typical male who comes to those events.

I honestly don't think there is anything you can do to improve facially without going to a surgeon .....but i do feel though that going to a surgeon is an extreme option and such a decision should not be taken lightly.

really you should atleast try everything in my list, including a move AWAY from London before you consider cosmetic surgery. Even a move away from London is less extreme than cosmetic surgery.

I know it sounds extreme, I have been thinking about surgery for a while. What things do you think I should get done to my face to look above average?
I Could leave London, however I've grown up and live in London. Moving out of London would be a big step for me.
Original post by nluc88
I know it sounds extreme, I have been thinking about surgery for a while. What things do you think I should get done to my face to look above average?
I Could leave London, however I've grown up and live in London. Moving out of London would be a big step for me.

Sorry but I do not feel I am qualified enough to start suggesting what needs to be done surgically. I am not one of these people who when they look at a face they analyze it in extreme detail. Nor do most people. Most people just look at a face and within a second an opinion forms over the attractiveness of said face. If you are convinced you want to go down this route I suggest you look up some reputable surgeons with good records and try to get a free consultation where they will probably look at you and make suggestions as to what they would want to do.

Moving out of London is a big step yes, but getting plastic surgery is even bigger. There's no going back, your face is forever altered and will never look the same again.
Don't get plastic surgery.
Reply 196
Why not???
Reply 197
Original post by ANM775
Sorry but I do not feel I am qualified enough to start suggesting what needs to be done surgically. I am not one of these people who when they look at a face they analyze it in extreme detail. Nor do most people. Most people just look at a face and within a second an opinion forms over the attractiveness of said face. If you are convinced you want to go down this route I suggest you look up some reputable surgeons with good records and try to get a free consultation where they will probably look at you and make suggestions as to what they would want to do.

Moving out of London is a big step yes, but getting plastic surgery is even bigger. There's no going back, your face is forever altered and will never look the same again.

Maybe so, however, I feel that I have nothing to lose.
Original post by nluc88
Why not???

Please tell me; is a girl really worth it if you have to spend £££££'s on facial reconstruction just to maybe manipulate your appearance into something that is considered attractive? Bearing in mind that people have varying tastes and beauty is the eye of the beholder? Would it not be better to find a woman who accepts you for who you are, finds YOU attractive? Not some edited (IE. Fake) version of you?

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows, and not everyone gets a happy ending when it comes to love and sex, but nothing and nobody is worth going to such drastic measures in the hopes to impress. Your efforts and money would be better off spent investing in yourself, improving your life and ultimately being accepting and happy with who you are.
lol why u givin man *****y advice??? The man is clearly cravin pussy, why should he be deprived from dat?

Latest

Trending

Trending