The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nunchuck-master-2334
join match.com
I joined yesterday.
I'm as ugly as hell, and 3 girls have already looked at my profile!
It works.
Trust me on this, man!

match.com is a scam buddy,

I signed up there too at one point and I had loads of girls viewing me and even messaging me ...yet I didn't even have a profile pic up.

ofcource though, each time I tried to reply to the messages I was taken to a landing page for my credit card details and asked to part with £

scam scam scam....

come back and verify match works when you have at least taken those 3 girls out for a date, ...but you won't, ...because they are NOT girls ...they are BOTS created by match whose sole intention is to make male users feel popular so they sign up.

yeah, there are real people and real girls on there, but there are a lot of bots too...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ANM775
match.com is a scam buddy,

I signed up there too at one point and I had loads of girls viewing me and even messaging me ...yet I didn't even have a profile pic up.

ofcource though, each time I tried to reply to the messages I was taken to a landing page for my credit card details and asked to part with £

scam scam scam....

come back and verify match works when you have at least taken those 3 girls put for a date, ...but you won't, ...because they are NOT girls ...they are BOTS created by match whose sole intention is to make male users feel popular so they sign up.

yeah, there are real people and real girls on there, but there are a lot of bots too...

Dunno what to say to that.
Abs and alcohol :biggrin: Im an ugly feck as well but my body is really good and my job involves me being topless and I have no problem finding a girl to date so maybe thats what you need to do. Get bigger and leaner and show off abit more.
Are we not all aware that this thread is over a year old?
Reply 385
Original post by GandalfWhite
Be nice, have real interests, be interesting. Don't go scaring girls, by being obviously looking for a relationship, but start just being friendly to all and be known to be just looking for friendships. The rest will sort itself out when you become more interesting and less eager.

I'm always nice to people. I have interests and I'm generally quite social. The problem is that I'm clearly not women's type.
Original post by nluc88
I'm always nice to people. I have interests and I'm generally quite social. The problem is that I'm clearly not women's type.

What is more important is how others perceive you? Suggest you get some feedback from some male friends?
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Are we not all aware that this thread is over a year old?

OP continues to respond, so it's not an issue. :smile:
You should try out online dating again and only target the people that like fitness (theres plenty of women out there that only date muscles), lets face it your built like a brick ****house!
Hm, would've thought that we've surely exhausted every suggestion after this long?
Nothing to do with that. It's just your destiny, mate :wink:
Have you tried going to different locations/area? A friend of my dad was talking about how he met his wife, when he moved to a new area and how he met her at 35 years old and had kids!! :biggrin: there's so many people in this world!! And there's so many people to meet!

I know it's very hard and frustrating but you'll meet the right person for you!! Dont give up!!
Also, you're not ugly at all!!
Know waaaaaa I mean??????
Original post by nluc88
I have contemplated suicide. Truth is, I am too much of a coward. Maybe one day, I will be able to pluck up the courage to take my own life. Sometimes I think, being born was a curse. Anyway, I still have a few years to assess my life. If things are *****y within the next decade, then I will take appropriate action.

If that is you in the facebook profile that you posted, I think that you and I are seeing two different things!! I don't think you're ugly at all what stupid person gave you that idea?!

You obviously really enjoy the gym and that's great! My brother didn't get a girlfriend until he was 28 and he married at 32 :smile: and he's still happy...amazingly :tongue: you will meet someone eventually, don't you worry. But what I will say is that when you do, a positive outlook is so, so important and for your own sake I think you should work on your mental health before you pursue a girlfriend. You seem keen enough to look after your body but your mind is just as important
Original post by epsilondelta
If that is you in the facebook profile that you posted, I think that you and I are seeing two different things!! I don't think you're ugly at all what stupid person gave you that idea?!

You obviously really enjoy the gym and that's great! My brother didn't get a girlfriend until he was 28 and he married at 32 :smile: and he's still happy...amazingly :tongue: you will meet someone eventually, don't you worry. But what I will say is that when you do, a positive outlook is so, so important and for your own sake I think you should work on your mental health before you pursue a girlfriend. You seem keen enough to look after your body but your mind is just as important

lol always gay guys telling him this, never any women. People on the internet are so too faced.
Original post by riskobarz
lol always gay guys telling him this, never any women. People on the internet are so too faced.

I'm a woman
Original post by epsilondelta
I'm a woman

Good 4 you.
I'm a guy!
you're right, there's no one size fit all formula to getting a date, but at the same time if someone is going to make a topic here saying he is too ugly to get a date and needs advise [and bumps that topic after over a year] he should be willing to start going out and trying some of that advice imo.

So far I am getting the impression he hasn't really tried much or put in much effort to any of the suggestions people have taken the time to write. I am not seeing any updates on his progression or what efforts he is currently making. Someone asked him multiple times now how much women has he hit on and he deliberately keeps dodging the question which leads me the impression he's doing diddly squat.

He's been made aware that internet dating is not a good way to find a gf unless you're one of the top guys. Imo if a guy is aware of this, and still is not regulary putting himself out there and asking out girls in real life then he really shouldn't be complaining about his lack of dating success. If anxiety is the problem why he's not asking women out then he should say so ...and actually be prepared to heed suggestions and put in the time and effort to get his anxiety under control. My anxiety was once very severe ... I just could not approach random women, the feelings of fear/dread etc just completely paralyzed me each time I would try. By this point I had cottoned onto the fact that internet dating wasn't gonna work for me. I went out to my local shopping centre about 4 times a week, and tried to approach women. Each time I failed miserably ...because of the high anxiety levels I experienced. I kept trying though, ...and eventually due to sheer repeated exposure my anxiety reduced ....and after about 3 months, I was able to ask a random attractive woman the time. Yes, that was how bad my anxiety once was in regards to approaching random attractive women ... I could not even ask them the time.

Maybe about 6 months after that [still going out like 4 times a week] ... I finally was able to hit on a random attractive woman with the aid of a bottle of Lambrini. Eventually through more exposure I only needed half a bottle .......then none.

I would sometimes go to nightclubs too, usually did no approaches that night or 1-3 as anxiety was still hard to overcome. It was at point I started complaining about my situation ...as I was making real efforts but not getting any dates or anything. I'd rarely get a phone number ...but it would flake....

exposure is just one way to tackle anxiety. I have tried a lot of methods, most have failed. However Consistent repeated exposure will eventually bring it down to a level you can function at. Most people though are not willing to put in such efforts. Reframing can help as well once you get to the point where you can approach but it's very very hard. eg: give a friend £10 - £30 and tell him If you don't approach a woman in 10 minutes he gets to keep it. You'd be surprised at how often this will allow you to overcome significant levels of anxiety and approach. I've never lost my money doing it. Mediation I recently discovered surprisingly helps as well with anxiety if you do it consistently, ...but again .... I doubt most people here will be willing to put in that kind of effort. If your anxiety is bad I would expect atleast 3 months before you start to be able to overcome it...

Regarding approaching random women, I had had a couple of gf's before all of this, but we did actually know each other beforehand and they made the first move.

Anyways eventually I stopped listening to most PUA mainstreme advice as it wasn't working. Eventually through trial and error and willingness to try new things I learned what seems to help/work for me.

You said that going to the gym hasn't helped you --, but unless i've got details wrong didn't a girl approach you in a club or someplace, you got together with her and were it not for the fact she was leaving to go abroad she would have been your gf. Physique may have played a partial role in her decision to approach. You cannot be completely sure you still would have gotten approached if you had been a couch potato. :wink:

honestly, I don't think anyone should be too quick to dismiss something as not working. If someone isn't atleast BMI 24 at 15% or less bodyfat ...then I would say that person is dismissing gym not working too prematurely as not enough muscle has been gained imo.

with OP Gym indeed might not of worked for him. I can't really say without knowing how much he indeed is putting himself out there.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ANM775
You said that going to the gym hasn't helped you --, but unless i've got details wrong didn't a girl approach you in a club or someplace, you got together with her and were it not for the fact she was leaving to go abroad she would have been your gf. Physique may have played a partial role in her decision to approach. You cannot be completely sure you still would have gotten approached if you had been a couch potato. :wink:

I wasn't a coach potato in the first place. :tongue: 'n no, I've literally never had a girl approach me and most certainly not in a club.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by nluc88
Pics are on my facebook profile.

https://www.facebook.com/nicholas.laurence.7

That link doesnt work either. Did your profile get deleted?

Latest

Trending

Trending