The Student Room Group

About to enter final year of medicine

There are two parts to my question. I am a 4th year medical student and have applied for my non-means tested loan for the past 4 years. This year I have moved in with my fiance and am living in non-student accommodation. I need to apply for my funding for my final year which commences in June 2016.

1. I will be applying for my NHS bursary covering tuition fees for my final year but will not have any other funding support - how will this affect my maintenance loan from student finance? when is best to apply and what do I need to do differently on the form?

2. I will be getting married in January of the next academic year (my final year), I believe this will change my status to an independent student? - how will this affect my funding and what will I need to do to inform you? (my father's income is above the threshold for a grant but my fiance is in the bottom category of less than 20k for a grant)
Hi

We will assess you for the final year rate maintenance loan once you have submitted your application. The NHS funding does not require information from any sponsors as we don't assess it on household income.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending